natarussia

Russians in Louisville?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello all,

My name is Natalia. I am looking to meet some other Russian speaking people here or near Louisville, Kentucky. I would love to make some new friends, share a cup of tea and some traditional foods.

Please write if you would like to communicate.

Спасибо,

Наталья

Dwayne (Denver, CO - USA) / Natalia (Mendeleevsk, Tatarstan, Russia)

July, 2003 - Met online

March 5 - March 17, 2004 - Spent 2 AWESOME weeks together in the Dominican Republic

May 1st, 2004 - I-129F to Nebraska - Sent Registed Mail

May 6th, 2004 - NOA #1

May 12, 2004 - Received NOA #1 in mail

NOA #2 - August 10th - Approved - 96 days

August 11, 2004 - Received NOA #2 Notice via email

August 26th, 2004 - Petition arrives at NVC and case number assigned - 112 days

August 27th, 2004 - Received tourist visa from Russian consulate for visit ...

August 30th, 2004 - NOA2 arrives in mailbox

September 9th - 16th, 2004 - Visited Natalia for a week vacation in Moscow!!!! - Awesome time!

September 13th, 2004 - Successful Medical Exam in Moscow - have sealed envelope and X-Rays

September 15th, 2004 - NVC sent off to Moscow

September 23rd, 2004 - Interview date granted

October 4th, 2004 - Received Packet 3/4 from Moscow

November 10th, 2004 - Interview Moscow !!!! - 188 days

November 10th, 2004 - Interview Success !!!!

November 15th, 2004 - K-1 Visa in Hand!!!

November 20th, 2004 - Flight to USA on Aeroflot - JFK POE - 198 days!!!!

November 20th, 2004 - At home in Denver, Colorado, USA

December 10th, 2004 - Married !!!!!

AOS

February 15th, 2005 - NOA

March 14th, 2005 - Recieved NOA in mail

March 15th, 2005 - Fingerprint appointment made in Denver

May 27th, 2005 - AOS Interview - Approved!!!

Hello Natalia,

We do not live in Louisville, but in Jackson, Mississippi. I wish you luck. We are also looking for other Russians in our area. I know there must be some, but we cannot find them. We did meet one lady at the Orthodox Church, but that is all. I wish there was a website out there for this purpose. I wish you good luck. Have a great day.

John and Ludmila

Russian Fiancee - Moscow Embassy

1/27/06 Mailed I-129F to TSC and forwarded to CSC for K-1 & K-2 Visa

2/1/06 CSC received I-129F

2/7/06 Received NOA1 TSC

4/14/06 I-129F Approved

4/25/06 Received NOA2 TSC

5/12/06 Received at NVC

5/18/06 Mailed to US Embassy, Moscow

8/9/06 Physical Exams for K-1 & K-2

8/11/06 Interview Scheduled

8/11/06 VISA APPROVED

8/17/06 Visa Received

9/12/06 Flight from SVO

12/09/06 MARRIED

2/16/07 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP

3/15/07 Biometrics scheduled (Had to Re-schedule)

3/22/07 Biometrics completed for K-1 & K-2

4/11/07 Received phone call from USCIS, Interview Scheduled, FBI check completed

4/16/07 AOS Interview, passed pending I-693A

4/16/07 Civil Surgeon completed I-693A, I-693A submitted to USCIS office

4/18/07 Notice mailed welcoming New Permanent Resident

4/19/07 Card production ordered for K-1 & K-2

4/25/07 2 Year Green Card Received dated 4/17/07

1/21/09 Mailed I-751 to VSC for K-1 & K-2

1/24/09 VSC Received I-751

1/31/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Wife

2/20/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Wife, Appt 3/2/09 Completed

2/20/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Step-daughter

2/24/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Step-daughter Appt 3/10/09 Completed

3/2/09 Mailed Wife's Passport to Houston for Renewal - Received 6/5/09

9/15/09 Interview at New Orleans Field Office

1/19/10 Eligible to file N-400 for Citizenship

Natalia, you are in luck. We are in Cincinnati and my wife would love to meet for tea and traditional food as well as getting some more info about your trip to the Dominican. Our message is waiting for you....

There is a website out there... there are more than a few!

Meetup.com, Yahoo personals, MySpace, etc., all allow you to "search" for certain keywords in their profiles. Check for "Russia" in the keyword sections (or use the country selector in combination with your zip code) to find out who's on in your local area. Another option is to Google "Russia" and your city. For us, Russia Cincinnati comes up with all kinds of stuff. Through those links we can find Russians in our area.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Natalia, you are in luck. We are in Cincinnati and my wife would love to meet for tea and traditional food as well as getting some more info about your trip to the Dominican. Our message is waiting for you....

Meetup.com, Yahoo personals, MySpace, etc., all allow you to "search" for certain keywords in their profiles. Check for "Russia" in the keyword sections (or use the country selector in combination with your zip code) to find out who's on in your local area. Another option is to Google "Russia" and your city. For us, Russia Cincinnati comes up with all kinds of stuff. Through those links we can find Russians in our area.

Please try to contact us again ... visajourney decided to delete your messages to me. :(

July, 2003 - Met online

March 5 - March 17, 2004 - Spent 2 AWESOME weeks together in the Dominican Republic

May 6th, 2004 - NOA #1

September 9th - 16th, 2004 - Visited Natalia for a week vacation in Moscow!!!! - Awesome time!

September 13th, 2004 - Successful Medical Exam in Moscow - have sealed envelope and X-Rays

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi

Don't live in Louisville any more, but I'm a U of L alumnus and I hope to get back up there soon to see old friends and visit the school. Spent seven years in Louisville before moving to FL. We do have US/Ukrainian friends just up the river in Madison IN. I'll check with them and see what they know about the Russian community in the area.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Timeline

Please try to contact us again ... visajourney decided to delete your messages to me. :(

Please resend your messages to us ... we would love to drive up to Cinci to meet. Thanks for the web site tips!! :)

Thanks,

Dwayne and Natalia

Hi

Don't live in Louisville any more, but I'm a U of L alumnus and I hope to get back up there soon to see old friends and visit the school. Spent seven years in Louisville before moving to FL. We do have US/Ukrainian friends just up the river in Madison IN. I'll check with them and see what they know about the Russian community in the area.

That's great! Any info at all would be so apprecaited!

Dwayne and Natalia

July, 2003 - Met online

May 6th, 2004 - NOA #1

AOS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Cool idea. Fortunately there is a very large number of Russians in Williamsburg. Odd, right? Sasha wouldnt need to look far for familiar faces.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

For some reason Russian immigrant communities make me sad... There is something heart-breaking in the way Russian people try to preserve the peculiarities of their culture and blend in with the local one at the same time... The strange generation, making millions on broken English and not understanding their teenage kids on cell-phones...

Before being eaten alive here for it - it is a first-hand observation of mine of a particular community with a whole set of facts to back it up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I think that is pretty normal for everyone from everywhere. Go to many places in the world and you will find ex-pat places for Americans who live there so we can do the same things.

I grew up in a very small town with a lot of imigrants from all over. In those days most spoke thier home language in thier houses. They had clubs for their own people. Sons of Italy for the Italians, Cro club for the Croations etc. People feel comfortable around thier own kind, they need a "fix" of talking thier own langugage. A part of our past always stays with us.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I grew up in a very small town with a lot of imigrants from all over. In those days most spoke thier home

We live in a small group of townhouses downtown here (about 12 of them). Since we have moved here, 3 more Russian families have moved in. Half of our neighbors are now Russian. (Odessa, St Petersburg, and Moscow). They are all fairly young too - (well, no one is younger than us.)

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

I wish there were more russians around here, I would love it if my wife had more people to communicate with.

Strange thought, has anyone suggested like a VJ reunion. Pick a place and date and everyone do what they can to make it, everyone can meet in person these people who have helped and supported each other throughout this process. Might be interesting(more so than my high school reunion)....

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Timeline

Speaking from experience, and using other guys' experience on Russian Women forums, I hesitate to recommend that your fiancee or new wife seek out fellow Russians in this country, at least initially.

I personally found that detrimental to my former relationship. My ex-wife more easily believed the opinions about life here from fellow Russians, even when they told her totally incorrect things about life here, such as:

- how to cheat on driver's license exams (and various other regulations in this country that Russians try to get around, as that is often a normal way of life back home)

- numerous incorrect things about the immigration and citizenship processes

- everyday life issues (banking, employment, etc.)

- value of her Russian degree

Oddly enough, she would have been unlikely to associate with these kinds of people back in Russia.

If anything, meeting other STABLE Rus-Am couples who have been together for several years with children born here (or who came here very young) should not be an issue. However, meeting newlyweds (2 years or under) may be detrimental to your releationship.

I'm more a multicuralist than a Melting Pot believer, so I'm not recommending she abandon her origins. And certainly don't prevent your new spouse from meeting these people.

However, I recommend you get her into social circles where she can meet people that are NOT from her home country.

She (or he) needs to use you as their best trusted resource (and you need to be there for them). If you're forever trying to recover from disinformation disseminated by the Russian community here, you're going to forever be at odds with them, and eventually, maybe her.

Edited by Firehawk304

Timeline

By the way, Louisville is a very liveable town, as I've lived there twice. However, it is very insular in some regards (including religion), and there is not much of an immigrant community. Take it slow (baby steps, is what I always said to my then-wife). Get out into the community. People there (and anywhere in the south, where Louisville begins) may be a little distant to someone with an accent (even a Canadian one like mine), even though they may have a smile on their fact. But, get involved with society, and they'll come around sooner or later.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I'd love to find some russian friends in my area and through the country also:)We are living in PA,Milford area,in community but planning to move to North Carolina next year to Raleigh area

So will be very glad to find some friends,meet them and talk on the phone ;)

Timeline
Speaking from experience, and using other guys' experience on Russian Women forums, I hesitate to recommend that your fiancee or new wife seek out fellow Russians in this country, at least initially.

I personally found that detrimental to my former relationship. My ex-wife more easily believed the opinions about life here from fellow Russians, even when they told her totally incorrect things about life here, such as:

- how to cheat on driver's license exams (and various other regulations in this country that Russians try to get around, as that is often a normal way of life back home)

- numerous incorrect things about the immigration and citizenship processes

- everyday life issues (banking, employment, etc.)

- value of her Russian degree

Oddly enough, she would have been unlikely to associate with these kinds of people back in Russia.

If anything, meeting other STABLE Rus-Am couples who have been together for several years with children born here (or who came here very young) should not be an issue. However, meeting newlyweds (2 years or under) may be detrimental to your releationship.

I'm more a multicuralist than a Melting Pot believer, so I'm not recommending she abandon her origins. And certainly don't prevent your new spouse from meeting these people.

However, I recommend you get her into social circles where she can meet people that are NOT from her home country.

She (or he) needs to use you as their best trusted resource (and you need to be there for them). If you're forever trying to recover from disinformation disseminated by the Russian community here, you're going to forever be at odds with them, and eventually, maybe her.

Thanks for the input Firehawk ...

Although I understand you, I disagree with you. I have been here for more than two years, I have a beautiful daughter, wonderful husband, several American friends that love me for who I am, and even a few other Russian speaking friends. I have met some other Russians that have been full of venom and were outright criminals ... sure ... but naive I am not. I have no problem telling someone I disagree, I always double-check my resoures (my husband taught me that) and I believe the Russian soul is a good one. Our culture is unique in all the world, our tongue is unique, our ability to recognize a con ... like no other. Remember, Russia is run in many arenas by the mafia ...

... so ... I am seeking Russian speaking friends, in the true meaning of the word. I WILL NOT take advice that jeapardizes my own integrity, I will not cheat in any regard. I establish opinions based on my own experience and to tell you the truth, most Russians do that as well. There are those who have been jaded, life has treated them poorly ... sure ... I know those people too, but I really want someone that can speak my language, share experiences, good or bad, and appreciates our traditions and wants to keep them fondly close to our hearts. The others can go chew ice.

Louisville is a wonderful little city. I moved here after living in Denver for a year and Louisville is much more friendly than Denver was ... people are more sincere with me here ... and are not afraid to say, "I don't understand your accent" ... which is nice, because I can say the same thing to them :) The midwest with southern charm as my husband calls, it is this area. I have found an Orthodox church, a great little Russian market and a lot of people who do not follow the right-wing trends as in other southern cities. My religion is my own ... if others do not understand it, they can educate themselves. Until they give my beliefs a good look, they aren't worth my time to let them discuss their beliefs with me. Simple rule I have. If you want to talk about your religion and tell me yours is better, first learn mine, so you know where I'm starting from.

All that put aside ... do you know any Russian speaking people in Louisville? ;)

Don't get me wrong ... I do appreciate your post ... I'm just not a little girl that has no opinions of my own. So I will be on my guard and continue to search for new friends ... even if they aren't in Louisville. I have a phone, it works, so that's ok too.

Natalia

Edited by natarussia

July, 2003 - Met online

May 6th, 2004 - NOA #1

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.