LisaG

How long is visa valid for and can you still be refused when you get there [merged threads]

47 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

It happens.   No one is guaranteed admission except for citizens.

Why are you so worried about being turned away?   If you are truly planning to abide by the conditions of your visa (i.e visit and then leave), why are you so worried?

Because I have paid a lot of money, gone through a lot and this means a lot to my family, its quite natural to be worried isn't it? Because I care!

Just now, LisaG said:

Not likely to, I respect authority. But I also know there are jobsworths out there who don't recognise the good in people, just like control

CBP gets lied to CONSTANTLY, all day, every day.   They are required by law to evaluate each traveller for immigrant intent.   It’s not a matter of “not recognizing the good in people.”    It is literally their job.

7 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

CBP gets lied to CONSTANTLY, all day, every day.   They are required by law to evaluate each traveller for immigrant intent.   It’s not a matter of “not recognizing the good in people.”    It is literally their job.

I am intelligent enough to know that thanks. 

29 minutes ago, LisaG said:

Because I have paid a lot of money, gone through a lot and this means a lot to my family, its quite natural to be worried isn't it? Because I care!

Does this mean they issued the visa or are you still waiting for the results from your medical? 

• TBoneTX changed the title to How long is visa valid for and can you still be refused when you get there [merged threads]
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A continuation thread and a background thread have been merged.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

It’s none of my business and really I’m musing out loud (so please don’t feel you have to answer) but I’m wondering why you are putting yourself through this when you could holiday somewhere else? Paris has a Disney too, my kids loved it, more than the one in Florida. And you wouldn’t have to worry the whole way there. It just seems like a lot of stress, hassle and anxiety, is it really worth it? 

16 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

It’s none of my business and really I’m musing out loud (so please don’t feel you have to answer) but I’m wondering why you are putting yourself through this when you could holiday somewhere else? Paris has a Disney too, my kids loved it, more than the one in Florida. And you wouldn’t have to worry the whole way there. It just seems like a lot of stress, hassle and anxiety, is it really worth it? 

I'm beginning to wonder to be honest. I'm lucky to have been many times and my dream is to take my kids. Feel like I'm committed now, started the process so have to see it through I guess?? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

Agree

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

8 hours ago, LisaG said:

I'm beginning to wonder to be honest. I'm lucky to have been many times and my dream is to take my kids. Feel like I'm committed now, started the process so have to see it through I guess?? 

Fair enough, it just seemed like even if you are granted the visa you wouldn’t enjoy the run up to the holiday though as you’d be worrying too much. So personally I’d say sod it and go somewhere else! 

But I’m probably biased as I really didn’t like it, I’m not a Florida fan so the thought of putting myself through all of that stress for it makes no sense to me. 😂

Good luck with it, hope you get the visa and then have a fabulous holiday. 

10 hours ago, LisaG said:

Please keep updated on the process. 
Have you had the medical yet or do you still have to go? There was one other person who had to complete a waiver for his tourist visa (not a medical) so this information would be helpful to others in a similar situation. 

2 hours ago, Redro said:

Please keep updated on the process. 
Have you had the medical yet or do you still have to go? There was one other person who had to complete a waiver for his tourist visa (not a medical) so this information would be helpful to others in a similar situation. 

Thank-you yes I will keep you posted. My medical is tomorrow. Xx 

4 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Fair enough, it just seemed like even if you are granted the visa you wouldn’t enjoy the run up to the holiday though as you’d be worrying too much. So personally I’d say sod it and go somewhere else! 

But I’m probably biased as I really didn’t like it, I’m not a Florida fan so the thought of putting myself through all of that stress for it makes no sense to me. 😂

Good luck with it, hope you get the visa and then have a fabulous holiday. 

Ha ha I can see your point! I wonder now if it is worth the stress and your right I will worry all the way up to it. Thank-you so much xxxx

On 4/9/2024 at 1:49 AM, LisaG said:

No it's not natural, if you have nothing to hide. Only those with something to hide worry so much because they might get caught.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.