1,198 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, winglesssparrow said:

you are right balo101 , it was a motion to recalendar . Whatever they submitted I will get copy of it  .there is  No for dismiss any motion. Yes I have I-360 AP.

ahhh. He could have sent both together to order to avoid unnecessary delay. Now he will wait for court date then he would ask the Judge to dismiss. Once you get the letter ask your attorney if he/she can send the motion to dismiss immediately instead of waiting for the court date. 

Just now, balo101 said:

ahhh. He could have sent both together to order to avoid unnecessary delay. Now he will wait for court date then he would ask the Judge to dismiss. Once you get the letter ask your attorney if he/she can send the motion to dismiss immediately instead of waiting for the court date. 

Thank you balo101.  I wil definitely aware them about it. If he can why he didn’t. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
2 hours ago, Reister said:

I was secretly hoping it would come in one of those days when you post jokes tbh . 

Ah, but the jokes have a half-life of 3 or 4 days!  When people give them a "like" or "laugh" upvote, the effect is even stronger.  :P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Timeline

@TBoneTX @Sandra G. @balo101 @Pinkrlion

Hello dear Visa Journey family,

I got my LPR through vawa in June 2021. I was informed of the  year rule for citizenship through Vawa.

Pls can I apply from 2 years, 9 months or must I wait till 3 years ?

2ndly, on the N400 form I saw this  and I don't know what option to click as its not up to 5 years I received my green card.

Kindly advise me family 

Thank you so much !

image.png.bf414c03e4bdfa212e4720ebfaa4c2b5.png

9 minutes ago, Precious100 said:

I got my LPR through vawa in June 2021. I was informed of the  year rule for citizenship through Vawa.

2ndly, on the N400 form I saw this  and I don't know what option to click as its not up to 5 years I received my green card.

Kindly advise me family 

Thank you so much !

Yes you can submit once you hit 2 years and 9 months. You will select other then explain. Let me search the exact answer for you. 

37 minutes ago, Precious100 said:

Kindly advise me family 

Thank you so much !

Pick the other 'D other" then write "Have been an LPR for at least three years (VAWA, I.N.A § 319(a))." This is from NOLO

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

Pick the other 'D other" then write "Have been an LPR for at least three years (VAWA, I.N.A § 319(a))." This is from NOLO

@balo101 Thank you so much ma'am. So I should just write in this statement ""Have been an LPR for at least three years (VAWA, I.N.A § 319(a))." This is from NOLO" on the Option D ?

But I am filing just at 2 years 9 months , wont' they say it not yet up to 3 years ma'am ? Will that count against me ? Pls help clarify

Thank you very much 

5 hours ago, balo101 said:

Can inform me  with your knowledge please, as you said instead of waiting hearing date I can send motion to dismiss . If it’s possible then what I need to attach on it ? Thx 

57 minutes ago, Precious100 said:

@balo101 Thank you so much ma'am. So I should just write in this statement ""Have been an LPR for at least three years (VAWA, I.N.A § 319(a))." This is from NOLO" on the Option D ?

But I am filing just at 2 years 9 months , wont' they say it not yet up to 3 years ma'am ? Will that count against me ? Pls help clarify

Thank you very much 

nothing will count against you. You are allowed to file once you touch 2 years and 9 months. You can also search for Sandra's post you will get satisfactory answer. 

You do not need to write this is from NOLO. I just put the reference. 

Edited by balo101

36 minutes ago, winglesssparrow said:

Can inform me  with your knowledge please, as you said instead of waiting hearing date I can send motion to dismiss . If it’s possible then what I need to attach on it ? Thx 

only thing you need to include is your approval notice. Make sure your attorney submit it because it's related to court so do not take chance by submitting it yourself. 

3 minutes ago, balo101 said:

nothing will count against you. You are allowed to file once you touch 2 years and 9 months. You can also search for Sandra's post you will get satisfactory answer. 

Awesome !  Thank you so much @balo101

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey, just an update, I applied for i360/i485/i765 in January 2021 (US Citizen spouse), 3 months after I received work permit. i360 was approved in February 2024 and i485 was updated to show biometrics were applied. I know the answer is probably somewhere in previous threads but i could not find it, so my questions is how long generally does it take to approve i485 and should I go do and submit medical asap?

1 hour ago, MrDoubleThums said:

Hey, just an update, I applied for i360/i485/i765 in January 2021 (US Citizen spouse), 3 months after I received work permit. i360 was approved in February 2024 and i485 was updated to show biometrics were applied. I know the answer is probably somewhere in previous threads but i could not find it, so my questions is how long generally does it take to approve i485 and should I go do and submit medical asap?

it depends on your field office how buys they are. I would suggest do not submit your medical until USCIS ask for it. Since your vawa just got approved. I would say give it at least 2 months before you take next step. Your VAWA just approved so enjoy that moment.

Hi Sandra,

Hope you are doing well. I have been reading your replies and getting a lot of help on my case even if I never posted my question here. I had applied for my VAWA in April 2016 and got it approved in August 2018. 

Then I applied for my I485 in February 2019 and my Biometrics were taken in March 2019 itself. The case was updated in August 2019 to show that the fingerprints were taken by VSC.

Since then there was no activity on my case except for getting my EADs renewed every year since VAWA got approved.

Last year, with your advice on the thread I reached out to my congressman and in January 2024 my case was transferred to the NBC.

Now, I know that my medical was not submitted at the time of my AOS application because the lawyer from the non-profit org advised against it. And, due to which my file is lacking the medical report I693.

Can you please give me advice if I should interfile my I693 proactively before even I get an RFE? I am getting mixed advice from various lawyers but I really trust your expertise.

Some have told me to wait for NBC to issue an RFE. Others are saying there is no harm except that you might lose money if they do not file it or if they lose it.

I have not been to my country in 9 years and I am exhausted. I will really appreciate your help in this matter. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, magicmike said:

Hi Sandra,

Hope you are doing well. I have been reading your replies and getting a lot of help on my case even if I never posted my question here. I had applied for my VAWA in April 2016 and got it approved in August 2018. 

Then I applied for my I485 in February 2019 and my Biometrics were taken in March 2019 itself. The case was updated in August 2019 to show that the fingerprints were taken by VSC.

Since then there was no activity on my case except for getting my EADs renewed every year since VAWA got approved.

Last year, with your advice on the thread I reached out to my congressman and in January 2024 my case was transferred to the NBC.

Now, I know that my medical was not submitted at the time of my AOS application because the lawyer from the non-profit org advised against it. And, due to which my file is lacking the medical report I693.

Can you please give me advice if I should interfile my I693 proactively before even I get an RFE? I am getting mixed advice from various lawyers but I really trust your expertise.

Some have told me to wait for NBC to issue an RFE. Others are saying there is no harm except that you might lose money if they do not file it or if they lose it.

I have not been to my country in 9 years and I am exhausted. I will really appreciate your help in this matter. Thank you!

Have you made the info pass appointment? I would say make the appointment if yo have not done. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.