Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,350 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/17/2024 at 3:16 PM, JanMontrealDS5535 said:

Yes, kids went to US border and got the entry stamped on the passports.

We did informed the border officer that we are going back to canada. And the final move will be when I receive the visa. 

Let's hope visa is issued before August.

Kids are excited to start next grade  school in US.

I’m curious if the officer looked into your case at all when you got your children’s activated? 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, CL23 said:

I’m curious if the officer looked into your case at all when you got your children’s activated? 

No. They only received information of the visa issued. My file has not reached their desk yet.

Timeline

I received my DS5535 form in November 2023 and had not travelled to the US since. This past Sunday I crossed the border at Toronto Pearson without any issues. I was worried for the last 6 months and was separated from my husband out of fear. They asked me why I am going and when I am returning to Canada and let me through. This is for those individuals that have any doubts about travelling to the US during admin processing. I would also like to add that I did cross the border after travelling to three new countries since I submitted my DS-5535 form.

Posted (edited)

My dad in AP trav

1 hour ago, tdot2nj said:

I received my DS5535 form in November 2023 and had not travelled to the US since. This past Sunday I crossed the border at Toronto Pearson without any issues. I was worried for the last 6 months and was separated from my husband out of fear. They asked me why I am going and when I am returning to Canada and let me through. This is for those individuals that have any doubts about travelling to the US during admin processing. I would also like to add that I did cross the border after travelling to three new countries since I submitted my DS-5535 form.

We have same experiences travelling to US while in AP(most recently this weekend by road). 2-3 quick questions and related to the purpose of visit and duration of stay. I think agent at booth  do not have access to state dept system until the system alert them to send folks to secondary.

Edited by Leo The Great

20 hours ago, ak47 said:

Hello All,

Did any of the folks from Jan, Feb, Mar & Apr 2023 received any updates ?

It would help us a lot in knowing if any of the files are moving for the early 2023 DS-5535 candidates.

Thanks.

We are late May coming up on a year and the only update this year was a solicited one. Has anyone heard anything from their lawyers about why the timelines are suddenly increasing so much? The new tracker is not 100% accurate in its analysis since many of us now have been waiting a year or more. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.