Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,242 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Fayisa said:

Hello, hope you are doing well. I have got my visa on December 28th and moved December 31st to USA. I am finally with my husband and my son. Sorry for not updating here I was busy so much with life, I didn't log in for months. 

Congratulations!

39 minutes ago, Fayisa said:

Hello, hope you are doing well. I have got my visa on December 28th and moved December 31st to USA. I am finally with my husband and my son. Sorry for not updating here I was busy so much with life, I didn't log in for months. 

Congrats! How long did it take you to get cleared?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Hi All,

I think we may want to consider moving our tracker to read-only. There have been several cells which have been deleted / modified / moved which is braking some logged data. There are 75 people on the tracker + others who monitor and don't participate. There are several of us who have made changes, added columns, calculations, etc. I suggest a few of us manage the logger in a similar way Hawk Riders does for the IR1/CR1 group tracker. I am happy to take this on (if others agree), and anyone else who wants to help manage can DM me and we can create a group to managing the tracker.

If the overwhelming response is to keep this open to be modified by all, I'm okay with that too. Just trying to resolve the issues I keep seeing whenever I check the tracker.

Let me know what people think.

I concur.  I opened it yesterday and saw it was in total disarray.  It should be managed by one or two people

2 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Hi All,

I think we may want to consider moving our tracker to read-only. There have been several cells which have been deleted / modified / moved which is braking some logged data. There are 75 people on the tracker + others who monitor and don't participate. There are several of us who have made changes, added columns, calculations, etc. I suggest a few of us manage the logger in a similar way Hawk Riders does for the IR1/CR1 group tracker. I am happy to take this on (if others agree), and anyone else who wants to help manage can DM me and we can create a group to managing the tracker.

If the overwhelming response is to keep this open to be modified by all, I'm okay with that too. Just trying to resolve the issues I keep seeing whenever I check the tracker.

Let me know what people think.

I agree. I looked at it today and nothing is in order and hard to find information. Thank you for volunteering to help manage it. 

3 hours ago, Sisa24 said:

Congrats! How long did it take you to get cleared?

I got cleared in a month exactly but they requested an extra document that I couldn't provide, and I had to try everything possible to make sure they know i am not able to provide it. I got my visa 8 months after I got the DS-5535.

Timeline

Been in DS-5535 processing for 6 months. Filed a WOM and the government has filed a motion to dismiss. Super frustrating. We are now trying to strategize if we should fight it or accept it. Really hoping the processing takes under a year than more than a year. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, tdot2nj said:

Been in DS-5535 processing for 6 months. Filed a WOM and the government has filed a motion to dismiss. Super frustrating. We are now trying to strategize if we should fight it or accept it. Really hoping the processing takes under a year than more than a year. 

I’m sorry. Filed too early for Montréal, I think. A firm I consulted is not agreeing to file WOMs for AP cases pending there before the one year mark.  On what basis is the government moving to dismiss?  

Quick update to anyone interested..

We sent the passport and the consulate should have received it last week on Tuesday. The medical results are taking a while here in Ontario - seems the public health responsible for returning bloodwork results is backed up. It's been over a week since we've been waiting for those results. 

In the meantime, our case last updated date has not changed, not once since getting the email. We assume it'll update once the medical is sent and they finally take the passport from the mail room or something. Just hoping things continue moving because it's just been delay after delay lol

On 4/24/2024 at 2:40 PM, Phil_K_IR1 said:

We had an update yesterday and sure enough another today with an email from the consulate to redo medical and send the passport (and 2 passport photos) 😭😭😭

There is hope! The pattern of more regular updates leading to an email from the consulate seems to be legit. 

Congratulations Phil, finally your waiting time is over, mine is still stuck with CV only requested.
My interview was also held first week of November, 2023.

Now from last week my case start getting updates as follows: Updated on April 30, May 2, May 3. Not sure its a good sign or not? how often your case was updating in last 3 months? can you please share the dates if you have saved the dates for updates.

37 minutes ago, tas005 said:

Congratulations Phil, finally your waiting time is over, mine is still stuck with CV only requested.
My interview was also held first week of November, 2023.

Now from last week my case start getting updates as follows: Updated on April 30, May 2, May 3. Not sure its a good sign or not? how often your case was updating in last 3 months? can you please share the dates if you have saved the dates for updates.

Yeah that's usually a good sign that they're working on it 😊.

Also for all us waiting, seeing 2 cases from November move, I wonder if that's "one of the queues" that they're processing. Gives hope that maybe it won't be 16 months wait 😮.

Hi everyone,

I have been in Administrative Processing for 12 months due to Form DS-5535.

My DS-260 automatically showed a status of "Re-Opened" in the NVC Portal after 12 months in AP, which I think is standard after 1 year in Administrative Processing.

The Consulate has been holding my passport this whole time.

I got frustrated and decided I wanted them to give me my passport back so I could travel abroad and wait until everything clears.

I wasn't able to travel this whole time nor has my visa been issued. 

I emailed the Consulate and requested my passport back and told them it was for travel purposes.

They successfully mailed it back to me.

• However, now, when I open my DS-260 in the NVC Portal, I noticed rather than the prior "Re-Opened" status it showed before I requested my passport, the DS-260 now shows a status of "Incomplete".

• I decided to open my DS-260 to investigate and found that everything is still filled out the way it was before, except for the section that asks about travel and what countries I've visited

• I'm thinking what happened is that when I requested my passport back in order to travel, the Consular officer cleared/reset the travel/countries visited section of my DS-260.

• I'm assuming they did this so that when the DS-5535 clears, they'll simply ask me to resubmit my DS-260 before issuing the visa. 

Questions:

- Should I be concerned that my DS-260 was updated from Re-Opened to Incomplete?

- Could my upcoming travel cause issues with my Administrative Processing? Will I be asked to submit another DS-5535 after my travel, even though I've already been waiting for 1 year for my initial DS-5535 to clear? (This would be ridiculous for them to do, in my opinion) 

To be honest, after seeing them update my DS-260 from Re-Opened to Incomplete simply because I requested my passport back for travel makes me not even want to travel.

Am I risking the issuance of my IR1 visa by traveling? 

Timeline
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JamesLouz said:

Hi everyone,

I have been in Administrative Processing for 12 months due to Form DS-5535.

My DS-260 automatically showed a status of "Re-Opened" in the NVC Portal after 12 months in AP, which I think is standard after 1 year in Administrative Processing.

The Consulate has been holding my passport this whole time.

I got frustrated and decided I wanted them to give me my passport back so I could travel abroad and wait until everything clears.

I wasn't able to travel this whole time nor has my visa been issued. 

I emailed the Consulate and requested my passport back and told them it was for travel purposes.

They successfully mailed it back to me.

• However, now, when I open my DS-260 in the NVC Portal, I noticed rather than the prior "Re-Opened" status it showed before I requested my passport, the DS-260 now shows a status of "Incomplete".

• I decided to open my DS-260 to investigate and found that everything is still filled out the way it was before, except for the section that asks about travel and what countries I've visited

• I'm thinking what happened is that when I requested my passport back in order to travel, the Consular officer cleared/reset the travel/countries visited section of my DS-260.

• I'm assuming they did this so that when the DS-5535 clears, they'll simply ask me to resubmit my DS-260 before issuing the visa. 

Questions:

- Should I be concerned that my DS-260 was updated from Re-Opened to Incomplete?

- Could my upcoming travel cause issues with my Administrative Processing? Will I be asked to submit another DS-5535 after my travel, even though I've already been waiting for 1 year for my initial DS-5535 to clear? (This would be ridiculous for them to do, in my opinion) 

To be honest, after seeing them update my DS-260 from Re-Opened to Incomplete simply because I requested my passport back for travel makes me not even want to travel.

Am I risking the issuance of my IR1 visa by traveling? 

Which Embassy did you apply to ? Also if you can update your timeline in the spreadsheet of this group so it would help answer the queries better.

Edited by ak47

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.