Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,217 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Canucklehead said:

Me too - it's already been over 14 months since my interview. 14 months that I could have been living with my spouse, moving forward with my career, building a life together. Instead I've spent 14 months not doing any of those things and that is time that I will NEVER get back. Honestly this entire process has been nothing short of needless emotional and mental torture. :(

Heartbreaking to say the least 

Me too - it's already been over 14 months since my interview. 14 months that I could have been living with my spouse, moving forward with my career, building a life together. Instead I've spent 14 months not doing any of those things and that is time that I will NEVER get back. Honestly this entire process has been nothing short of needless emotional and mental torture. :(

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

Just another quick update...

Our case had unsolicited updates on March 20 and 21, and then silence. Today (still early in the morning) we got another unsolicited updated case date. Status is still "refused". 

We were not asked a DS-5535, just a CV, but officially at 5 months since interview today. 

I think these updates are lights in tunnel. You will be cleared soon. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
2 hours ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

Just another quick update...

Our case had unsolicited updates on March 20 and 21, and then silence. Today (still early in the morning) we got another unsolicited updated case date. Status is still "refused". 

We were not asked a DS-5535, just a CV, but officially at 5 months since interview today. 

I believe so as well, this is the typical pattern of Visas Clearing before they are ready to be sent to the embassy and onward home (To the US)

Edited by Inveigh

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

Thank you all 😭

Hoping for the best, but not expecting anything as we also had a batch of updates back in February with nothing from it. 

I'll be sure to update if we hear anything positive, as it would be another indicator that things are moving at the consulate. 

Have you ever received any real email response (not the standard auto reply) from MTL?

1 minute ago, DadofUSCitizen said:

Have you ever received any real email response (not the standard auto reply) from MTL?

Never, no. 

Standard replies, some variation in templates over the last 5 months, but never anything personalized from them. 

EDIT: To clarify, the auto reply comes in immediately, and usually within 2 weeks we get a standard "template" reply from the consulate. 

Edited by Phil_K_IR1

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

Never, no. 

Standard replies, some variation in templates over the last 5 months, but never anything personalized from them. 

EDIT: To clarify, the auto reply comes in immediately, and usually within 2 weeks we get a standard "template" reply from the consulate. 

Thank you for letting me know. So far I only received the immdeiate auto reply each time when I sent them an email inquiry. Total 4 times in last 3 months. I never received any standard "template" reply.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I like the idea of a petition, but how about this?  Everyone stuck in this black hole contact your local Congressman.  I contacted mine (Trone in MD) earlier in the process and he got things moving.  His staff member that I have been working with said, “Administrative Processing is frustrating to say the least,” but he inquires about once a month and is provided with a response.  As you contact your Congressman, Senator, etc. quote how many others have done the same.  As that list grows, sooner or later one of the politicians is going to see this problem, and they are the only ones who can fix it.  The Department of State may be able to ignore one politician, but if a bunch of them gang up on the Department of State, they will be held accountable.  This is free, and a very simple thing to do.  Send me a message if you have any questions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.