Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,215 posts in this topic

My wife applied for an E2 visa in 2008 September and got the visa in November 2009. I, as spouse was included in that application it took so long because they said the security check was being performed on me ( because I had education in physics)

Now that our green card immigration visa application is again pending with 221g and CO asked for my resume and 5535, 

Q1 do you think they will take again same amount of time to do the security check 
Q2. Should I write an email and say that my security had already been done 2008

2 hours ago, iconoclass said:

My wife applied for an E2 visa in 2008 September and got the visa in November 2009. I, as spouse was included in that application it took so long because they said the security check was being performed on me ( because I had education in physics)

Now that our green card immigration visa application is again pending with 221g and CO asked for my resume and 5535, 

Q1 do you think they will take again same amount of time to do the security check 

Write an email , but I am sure "they" already knew about your previous security check (which I assume you cleared) , but still write them. Who knows what VO/CO thinks of you and again put you on Ds-5535 ....... As we discussed in last few posts this whole system is(removed) 

Some how I think this will take less time (if you haven't traveled to other countries especially those famous 7 + 27 countries and your stay is not over 1 year ). Hope for the best. 

Edited by Ontarkie
by-passing language filter

26 minutes ago, iconoclass said:

>>Q1 do you think they will take again same amount of time to do the security check 
Montreal takes more time to clear cases. My dad applied applied for non-immigrant visa few years back, stuck in AP but the clearance was received in 1 month. Now it has been more than 5 months waiting on clearance for IR5 visa.
>>Q2. Should I write an email and say that my security had already been done 2008
You may try that but according to this site its validity is 48 months
Edited by Leo The Great

7 hours ago, brkendream said:

Same here , This whole thing is so painful and time consuming. I waited 3 years just for interview date , Now in AP under Ds-5535 , Only stayed in on European country (I provided the Police clearance certificate from that country) , Nothing wrong with my spouse or mine documents , never applied for US visa , never entered US before , never deported , no criminal record in my country In last 10 years I worked 7 years (2 years taken by covid) , even my name is not that religious , Only reason My mind can come across is I am male , Muslim from Muslim majority country. Thats it. 

My wife is sick and doctors still not able to know why she is sick , she is on medicine , Now she and I and our 3 years old son somehow have to go throw this mental torture of Ds-5535 , and WoM and money spent on WoM and not the pain and mental stress WoM process brings with it. 

Lol I had almost 9 years on my passport expiry , Now I have to renew my passport , this is how long this whole procedure already  took  for me and still no end in the eys................  

sorry about that. It’s very frustrating & heartbreaking and not fair at all. May I know what is your country of origin? I was put under AP also maybe because of country of birth.

8 hours ago, brkendream said:

Only crime ,  the person might have some travel history , belongs to a religion and from 27 countries or have any link with those countries . Never entered USA 

Even this seems generous. I feel like the majority of users here have no links to any of the countries formally named in the DS-5535 legislation. I think it's random to some degree, and perhaps leveraged as a delay tactic to reduce capacity bottlenecks at the consulate. 

Edited by Daft_Cat

Filed: IR-5 Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Leo The Great said:
>>Q1 do you think they will take again same amount of time to do the security check 
Montreal takes more time to clear cases. My dad applied applied for non-immigrant visa few years back, stuck in AP but the clearance was received in 1 month. Now it has been more than 5 months waiting on clearance for IR5 visa.
>>Q2. Should I write an email and say that my security had already been done 2008
You may try that but according to this site its validity is 48 months

If you do not mind, can you please share the following?

1. What country was your dad born in?

2. Have your dad ever worked in USA? If yes, on what visa?

3. Have your dad travelled to and from USA a lot in the last 10 years?

4. Any thing else you think would cause him to AP?

TYIA!

53 minutes ago, DadofUSCitizen said:

If you do not mind, can you please share the following?

1. What country was your dad born in?

one of the MENA country

2. Have your dad ever worked in USA? If yes, on what visa?

Yes Work visa

3. Have your dad travelled to and from USA a lot in the last 10 years?

Not a lot

4. Any thing else you think would cause him to AP?

Travel to other countries, degree in IT

TYIA!

2 minutes ago, DadofUSCitizen said:

Thanks a lot! 

Does anyone have any idea what they do with resumes? Do they call universities or employers, or do they just review the work experience to conclude if it is a threat to the US or not? At least, they should highlight on the government website what is the procedure. Does anybody know what is their protocol?

I was also asked for my resume, my research work submission, and my professor's name, it has been more than 2 months, but nobody called my thesis professor yet. Although my experience as an engineer in the oil and gas field has nothing to do with nuclear or biomedical but still got stuck in this AP. 

Sometimes, I think we all who are in AP should go together outside the Montreal embassy on the same day at the same time to request collectively to clear our clearance and make a decision.

1 hour ago, Pending DS5535 said:

I was also asked for my resume, my research work submission, and my professor's name, it has been more than 2 months, but nobody called my thesis professor yet. Although my experience as an engineer in the oil and gas field has nothing to do with nuclear or biomedical but still got stuck in this AP. 

Sometimes, I think we all who are in AP should go together outside the Montreal embassy on the same day at the same time to request collectively to clear our clearance and make a decision.

Collectively as a group there are legal means in which we could make our voices heard!! Maybe it worth exploring!! 

23 hours ago, Leo The Great said:

Islamabad consulate does issue a DS-5535 to female applicants (may be very few cases). Even, not many DS-5535 cases for male applicants?

I have no idea how they work , but On my interview day I saw them issuing AP (to male and female) , how many of them got Ds-5535 I don't know. But I do know couple of Vo/Co are especially trigger-happy for AP (under Ds-5535 or any reason) . In a WhatsApp group I came across few female and male applicant all in immigrant category (IR1 , F21 , F4 , K1) with no travel history (never left Pakistan) got Ds-5535 , some cleared in 4 months some are waiting even after 1+ year , WoM didn't work any of them. Majority of people in that group is male , Muslims with and without travel history. 

So far I haven't come across any Pakistani who got WoM worked in his Favour. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
4 hours ago, brkendream said:

I have no idea how they work , but On my interview day I saw them issuing AP (to male and female) , how many of them got Ds-5535 I don't know. But I do know couple of Vo/Co are especially trigger-happy for AP (under Ds-5535 or any reason) . In a WhatsApp group I came across few female and male applicant all in immigrant category (IR1 , F21 , F4 , K1) with no travel history (never left Pakistan) got Ds-5535 , some cleared in 4 months some are waiting even after 1+ year , WoM didn't work any of them. Majority of people in that group is male , Muslims with and without travel history. 

So far I haven't come across any Pakistani who got WoM worked in his Favour. 

About to be 10 Months and 3 weeks soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.