Ontarkie

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal Only. Post here and support each other (PART 3)

1,242 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Canucklehead said:

The absolute worst part of this right now is the fact that no one has even been asked for their passport back in months, let alone issued a visa.

We were moving along at a delayed, though consistent manner for a while and now nothing has happened for months.

Emails are also not being responded to. I honestly feel like I caught the absolute worst timing imaginable. The people who interviewed just a few weeks before me have had their visa for months now. Yet I'm still sitting in limbo with no updates in over 4 months.

Sorry for the rant but I'm just so ###### over waiting.

We got an email reply on March 14, albeit the usual template.

I have a list to myself of cases I'm following closely, and some have gotten approvals in recent weeks. They're doing things, just slow as always. Don't lose hope! (Plus for us, as agonizing as it is, we weren't even asked a 5535 just a CV but now over 4 months since interview when we were told here by other VJ members it'd be fast lol) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, DS5535_Child said:

Hey All, been lurking on this forum for a long while, so thanks to everyone that contributes.

My mother got a DS 5535 on 3/14 and she just submitted the form completed today. I am lowkey hoping she'll get cleared within a few months, but it seems like the situation is dire 😕.

How do folks view the number of case updates? Just by looking at the case status daily and logging a mental counter?

IMG_3438.thumb.jpeg.40dce9cb56ed75cc8bcdcfc47276aa77.jpeg

Just now, CarmenD said:

How do folks view the number of case updates?

There’s an app for that

Hi everyone, my interview in Montreal is in April (CR1 category) and after reading here I got worried about being put into administrative processing because I’m from the Middle East. Do you guys know how high my chances are to be put in AP because I’m from the Middle East? 

28 minutes ago, frhm said:

Hi everyone, my interview in Montreal is in April (CR1 category) and after reading here I got worried about being put into administrative processing because I’m from the Middle East. Do you guys know how high my chances are to be put in AP because I’m from the Middle East? 

Are you dual citizen or from a scientific background? If yes, your chance will be very high unfortunately.

3 hours ago, James33 said:

I got a request for the DS-5535 today after verbal approval from officer early last month February. The Montreal consulate kept my documents and passport too. Odd part is no information was provided in the email requesting documents but just completing the form. What has been your experience with this?

I also got verbal approval but was then placed in AP after. Unfortunately, it seems like you're part of this club now.

EB-2 NIW in AP since May 2023

14 minutes ago, AP_since_May2023 said:

Are you dual citizen or from a scientific background? If yes, your chance will be very high unfortunately.

I also got verbal approval but was then placed in AP after. Unfortunately, it seems like you're part of this club now.

I’m not a dual citizen. I’m a Lebanese citizen, living in Canada as PR. I’m an Engineer.

3 hours ago, Canucklehead said:

The absolute worst part of this right now is the fact that no one has even been asked for their passport back in months, let alone issued a visa.

We were moving along at a delayed, though consistent manner for a while and now nothing has happened for months.

Emails are also not being responded to. I honestly feel like I caught the absolute worst timing imaginable. The people who interviewed just a few weeks before me have had their visa for months now. Yet I'm still sitting in limbo with no updates in over 4 months.

Sorry for the rant but I'm just so ###### over waiting.

I agree this is so frustrating. I don't understand why Montreal is so backed up. 

57 minutes ago, frhm said:

I’m not a dual citizen. I’m a Lebanese citizen, living in Canada as PR. I’m an Engineer.

Depends on your field of engineering, but from what I'm seeing, your chance of receiving an AP is low to average. Please keep us updated after your interview in April 2024.

Edited by AP_since_May2023

11 hours ago, Irish89 said:

Hey Guys

Does anyone know if your DS-260 is Re-opened what that actually means? I'm wondering if others have noticed their DS-260 being Re-opened too? TIA

Was there any other recent activity on your case? Any notifications from the consulate? Or did you notice it's reopened only because you logged into your account? As Leo The Great said, when the consulate is ready to finish the processing, they ask to update the DS-260 if it's older than a year (for which your DS-260 has to be reopened). I don't recall anyone in this topic mentioning DS-260 being reopened without any other activity though.

8 hours ago, AP_since_May2023 said:

I agree this is so frustrating. I don't understand why Montreal is so backed up. 

Depends on your field of engineering, but from what I'm seeing, your chance of receiving an AP is low to average. Please keep us updated after your interview in April 2024.

I’m an Electrical Engineer. I work in construction management. I’ve been living in Canada for less than a year only as a PR. Why do you think my chance is low to average? 

6 hours ago, frhm said:

I’m an Electrical Engineer. I work in construction management. I’ve been living in Canada for less than a year only as a PR. Why do you think my chance is low to average? 

I'm exactly in the same position as you. Middle eastren background, electrical engineer in construction managment (2 years in canada, 8 years in middle east) but I'm still waiting for my invitation letter and worried about getting a DS-5535 😕

1 hour ago, dj222 said:

Anyone know if a Chinese background is the same as a middle eastern background when it comes to the algorithms for DS-5535. 

My spouse was born in china but has been a Canadian citizen for over 20 years and has a science background.

We weren't given a 5535, only asked for CV/resume. This was a little over 4 months ago.. 

1 hour ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

My spouse was born in china but has been a Canadian citizen for over 20 years and has a science background.

We weren't given a 5535, only asked for CV/resume. This was a little over 4 months ago.. 

Dual citizen, so your spouse is in AP (even without DS-5535)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.