Halioak

Wait time for Montreal Consulate to send an interveiw letter?

8 posts in this topic

Hi folks, I have an E type immigrant visa case now with Montreal Consulate.  The status of my case changed from In Transit to Ready on Mar. 22nd.  According to the CEAC case status, I am supposed to wait until Montreal Consulate to send me an interview letter for me to book an interview.  Do you know how long it typically takes them to send a note after the case is ready?   Really appreciate it!

8 minutes ago, dandelion1 said:

There is about a 2 year wait currently. There is a whole thread about it. They are currently processing E visas from July 2022. So you are in for a long wait

Thank you for your reply!  My  case was approved for an expeditious process and the case was shipped to Montreal Consulate.  I was not sure if it will still be a two year wait time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Be forewarned - just because you were given an expedite does not mean your case will be adjudicated immediately.  It simply means your case will be adjudicated in a truncated timeline relative to others in your category.  It also will not exclude you from the administrative processing and background checks that have, at times, lead to the issuance of a 221g or DS-5535. 

Again, not trying to be a negative nelly, just a voice of reason to help keep expectations in check so you aren't disappointed. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

4 hours ago, mam521 said:

Be forewarned - just because you were given an expedite does not mean your case will be adjudicated immediately.  It simply means your case will be adjudicated in a truncated timeline relative to others in your category.  It also will not exclude you from the administrative processing and background checks that have, at times, lead to the issuance of a 221g or DS-5535. 

Again, not trying to be a negative nelly, just a voice of reason to help keep expectations in check so you aren't disappointed. 

For sure!  Thanks for your note!  I was excited that my case status turned to Ready and thought it should be in the pipeline of interview arrangement.  But it has been two weeks with no IL.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.