Hoofie Puppet

Walking Casa Bocobo to USEM

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

All:  I am hoping to have my fiancée knock out SLEC and USEM within a week's timeframe.  Does anyone know if walking from hotel Casa Bocobo to USEM is safe?  Anyone know if there is a decent AirBNB near SLEC / USEM that would be a better deal?

6 hours ago, Hoofie Puppet said:

All:  I am hoping to have my fiancée knock out SLEC and USEM within a week's timeframe.  Does anyone know if walking from hotel Casa Bocobo to USEM is safe?  Anyone know if there is a decent AirBNB near SLEC / USEM that would be a better deal?

Will your Fiance be by herself. Is she a province girl or used to cities? She will be going in the morning or middle of the day so she will be fine. She can probably just grab a trike at the hotel to USEM and walk to SLEC. She has most likely lived in PH her life so she should know how to function. If she has not lived in a city before, of course she will need to be aware and cautious.

Timeline

She'll be by herself.  She's from Kawit (45 min south of Manila).  Certainly, she's been to Manila several times but probably hasn't spent any significant time in that specific area.  I assume it'll be early morning for the medical and prob will start to go to USEM probably around 0430 or so.  Just curious about that specific area.

Timeline

She will be fine.  It's a 15 minute walk from Casa Bocobo to the Embassy.  It will take away some of her nervous energy too.  Mine also walked.  She was a bit closer to the embassy (actually right across the street), but that made her walk to SLEC longer.  Her walking pace is like a sprint, though, so nobody would be able to catch her anyway.

2 hours ago, Hoofie Puppet said:

She'll be by herself.  She's from Kawit (45 min south of Manila).  Certainly, she's been to Manila several times but probably hasn't spent any significant time in that specific area.

She'll be fine. I am surprised that she is not bringing a friend or family member.

3 hours ago, Hoofie Puppet said:

I assume it'll be early morning for the medical and prob will start to go to USEM probably around 0430 or so.  Just curious about that specific area.

She should probably go to SLEC early but that's real close. No reason at all to go the USEM that early. The will not let her in until 30 min before the interview so she would have to wait outside. Make sure she doesn't bring her cell phone.

1 hour ago, Hoofie Puppet said:

Does anyone know if Casa Bocobo will need any deposits or my card when she checks in?  I won't be there.

Just email them and ask. Every place I have stayed at in PH has been very friendly and helpful when I contact them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.