Alcia

Jamaican Embassy/Medical Exam

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good day,

i have an interview coming next week for March 28th. I attended my medical exam. At my exam they informed me that I needed a covid vaccine booster, yet they dont offer that at st andrews. Moreover, I was informed that the current covid vaccine thats in Jamaica is expired and that KSAC says that the expired vaccine is good until October of this year. I am very concern about this because I dont want an expired vaccine to enter my body. 

Does anyone have an alternative to this? 

My medical report is still at st andrews hospital and cant be sent to the US embassy until the vaccine has been taken. 

34 minutes ago, Alcia said:

Good day,

i have an interview coming next week for March 28th. I attended my medical exam. At my exam they informed me that I needed a covid vaccine booster, yet they dont offer that at st andrews. Moreover, I was informed that the current covid vaccine thats in Jamaica is expired and that KSAC says that the expired vaccine is good until October of this year. I am very concern about this because I dont want an expired vaccine to enter my body. 

My medical report is still at st andrews hospital and cant be sent to the US embassy until the vaccine has been taken. 

"Expired" and "no longer in use" are not the same.  No professional medical provider will knowingly administer a medication that has passed the expiration date on the vial.

It sounds more like you are talking about an "older" vaccine, i.e. the ones formulated for use prior to the current one.  These may not be as effective as the ones formulated to fight newer variants, but if they are available and in use, they would fulfill the requirement.

I recommend confirming which situation it is before deciding.  AFAIK, there is no alternative except for seeking a vaccine waiver, and those are nearly impossible to get if you've had any type of vaccine previously.

1 hour ago, SalishSea said:

"Expired" and "no longer in use" are not the same.  No professional medical provider will knowingly administer a medication that has passed the expiration date on the vial.

It sounds more like you are talking about an "older" vaccine, i.e. the ones formulated for use prior to the current one.  These may not be as effective as the ones formulated to fight newer variants, but if they are available and in use, they would fulfill the requirement.

I recommend confirming which situation it is before deciding.  AFAIK, there is no alternative except for seeking a vaccine waiver, and those are nearly impossible to get if you've had any type of vaccine previously.

Out of curiosity..I searched and would you believe Expired vaccines are a thing in Jamaica. Granted this link is dated but shows they are still convincing people it’s safe.

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20210412/cmo-no-risk-all-covid-vaccines-labelled-expire-tomorrow#google_vignette

CMO: No risk at all from COVID vaccines labelled to expire tomorrow

Jamaican health officials are seeking to calm anxiety about the AstraZeneca vaccines following the revelation that the current batch expires Tuesday.

Published:Monday | April 12, 2021 | 10:21 AM

2 hours ago, Alcia said:

Good day,

You only need one vaccine to enter the U.S. per cdc rules. 

My family and I have been waiting several years for my brother’s interview date and we finally got it! Unfortunately, we arr not able to get a medical appointment at Saint Andrews until after the interview date. I’ve been reading the threads and I see folks talking about expediting. I called Saint Andrews and they are giving no indication of how to expedite. 
how can we expedite his case?

13 hours ago, StayHopeful said:

My family and I have been waiting several years for my brother’s interview date and we finally got it! Unfortunately, we arr not able to get a medical appointment at Saint Andrews until after the interview date. I’ve been reading the threads and I see folks talking about expediting. I called Saint Andrews and they are giving no indication of how to expedite. 
how can we expedite his case?

I would check the website every day for an appointment https://amhosp.org/usmedical/ but just a heads up the medical won’t be ready until about 4 to 6 weeks. They say ten days but when my fiancé went to his interview the medical wasn’t there yet. 

On 3/20/2024 at 8:25 PM, Family said:

Out of curiosity..I searched and would you believe Expired vaccines are a thing in Jamaica. Granted this link is dated but shows they are still convincing people it’s safe.

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/news/20210412/cmo-no-risk-all-covid-vaccines-labelled-expire-tomorrow#google_vignette

CMO: No risk at all from COVID vaccines labelled to expire tomorrow

Jamaican health officials are seeking to calm anxiety about the AstraZeneca vaccines following the revelation that the current batch expires Tuesday.

Published:Monday | April 12, 2021 | 10:21 AM

Yikes.  Okay, no REPUTABLE health care professional would ever give an expired vaccine.

On 3/21/2024 at 7:35 AM, Alcia said:

Good day,

How did you get your appointment? 
I am having trouble looking for appointments:((( it’s showing no slot available. And now they have banned me for 24 hours for exceeding limit :((( 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.