mopekmez

I-130/Proof Of Marriage (Merged)

31 posts in this topic

Hello,

My wife and I got married 01/27/2024 through the state of Utah remote. This was a proxy marriage. I am a legal U.S. citizen and she isn’t. She has a Nepali passport/citizenship. She got a High Potential  Individual Visa in London so she is currently there working and her visa expires in 20 months. We have received our marriage certificate, license, apostille, and validity. After we got married I flew out to London for the consummation. We took pictures, had many dinners, shared a hotel, used public transportation, and other things while in London. 

Will they be able to approve this once we file our I-130 ? I understand proxy marriages are hard to work with but we have many pictures, receipts, apostille, validity letter, plane tickets, and letters from friends proving our marriage. 

She was an international student in America while in high school and college so she has a social security. 

Please help with this,

thank you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, mopekmez said:

Will they be able to approve this once we file our I-130 ? I understand proxy marriages are hard to work with but we have many pictures, receipts, apostille, validity letter, plane tickets, and letters from friends proving our marriage. 

Numerous Visa Journey couples have married via a Utah online ceremony, then filed after meeting.  You sequence of events (online marriage, then meeting, then filing I-130) is the proper process.  Good luck.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

5 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Numerous Visa Journey couples have married via a Utah online ceremony, then filed after meeting.  You sequence of events (online marriage, then meeting, then filing I-130) is the proper process.  Good luck.

so basically I am doing everything correct so far ? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, mopekmez said:

so basically I am doing everything correct so far ? 

Based on what I have read in your posts, yes, I think so.  Time to file that I-130!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

Based on what I have read in your posts, yes, I think so.  Time to file that I-130!!

Correct.  Regarding your wife's UK visa though.  The 20 months could be an issue, if the interview does not happen while she is legal to reside there.  When you say the visa expires, do you mean she has to leave at that time?  Lots of confusion on this kind of thing.  Sometimes the visa expiration, just means you cannot use it to enter after the expiration date.  For example in for a US visitor visa, you could enter the day before the visa expires and stay six months.  It's not that WE need to know the details, but the two of you DEFINITELY need to know.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

27 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Correct.  Regarding your wife's UK visa though.  The 20 months could be an issue, if the interview does not happen while she is legal to reside there.  When you say the visa expires, do you mean she has to leave at that time?  Lots of confusion on this kind of thing.  Sometimes the visa expiration, just means you cannot use it to enter after the expiration date.  For example in for a US visitor visa, you could enter the day before the visa expires and stay six months.  It's not that WE need to know the details, but the two of you DEFINITELY need to know.

Yes so it expires in 20 months. Her plan is to gain sponsorship at her current job there in London or find another job that is willing to sponsor her because if her visa expires before her interview then we will have issues. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
19 minutes ago, mopekmez said:

Yes so it expires in 20 months. Her plan is to gain sponsorship at her current job there in London or find another job that is willing to sponsor her because if her visa expires before her interview then we will have issues. 

The issue will be that she must interview in her country of citizenship.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

6 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

The issue will be that she must interview in her country of citizenship.

That’s only if her High Potential Individual Visa expires before her interview ? Otherwise the interview will be held in London ? 

So my wife and I do not own or rent a home/apartment. We don’t have a bank account that’s been open for more than a year. We don’t have children yet. 

For this section do we upload our Consummation evidence or is that for a different section ? I don’t know what else we can upload under additional proof of marriage 

section. 

Thank you!

IMG_1763.jpeg

Timeline
13 minutes ago, mopekmez said:

For this section do we upload our Consummation evidence

I'm not sure what you mean by that.  To USCIS, "Consummation" merely means being in the same place at the same time during or after the marriage ceremony.  Evidence of your bona fide marriage, at this stage, means your marriage certificate and evidence of time spent together. Couples living in different countries are not expected to have joint property, joint bank accounts, etc. 

Edited by Crazy Cat

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that.  To USCIS, "Consummation" merely means being in the same place at the same time during or after the marriage ceremony.  Evidence of your bona fide marriage, at this stage, means your marriage certificate and evidence of time spent together. Couples living in different countries are not expected to have joint property, joint bank accounts, etc. 

Yes I’m sorry for wording it like that. I just don’t know what can we upload under “ Additional Proof Of Marriage “ ? 

Where would we upload our text messages, pictures, receipts, and plane tickets ? 

Edited by mopekmez

3 minutes ago, mopekmez said:

Yes I’m sorry for wording it like that. I just don’t know what can we upload under “ Additional Proof Of Marriage “ ? 

What do you have to submit and what stage are you at/ how old is your relationship and how old is your marriage?  Do you live in the same country or will the beneficiary interview in their home country? 

Edited by Redro

• Crazy Cat changed the title to I-130/Proof Of Marriage (Merged)
10 minutes ago, Redro said:

What do you have to submit and what stage are you at/ how old is your relationship and how old is your marriage?  Do you live in the same country or will the beneficiary interview in their home country? 

We’ve been married for 2 months now. Proxy Marriage through the state of Utah remote. We have our marriage certificate/license, validity letter, apostille, and testimonies from close friends. 

We met in London where she currently has a High Potential Individual Visa which expires in 20 months from now. I am a U.S. citizen and she is a Nepali citizen. I live in Chicago and visited her in London to Consummate our marriage. 

We have just started filling out the I-130/I-130A. 

9 minutes ago, mopekmez said:

We’ve been married for 2 months now. Proxy Marriage through the state of Utah remote. We have our marriage certificate/license, validity letter, apostille, and testimonies from close friends. 

We met in London where she currently has a High Potential Individual Visa which expires in 20 months from now. I am a U.S. citizen and she is a Nepali citizen. I live in Chicago and visited her in London to Consummate our marriage. 

We have just started filling out the I-130/I-130A. 

Send proof of physical presence: Boarding passes to the the UK,hotel stays, tickets to events you went to together, photos with family and friends. 

The I130 bonafide marriage list is more geared towards people adjusting status and in the US together (or living together in a foreign country). 
Google “bonafide marriage”  “cr1” and “visajourney” for more ideas but with proof of meeting, the certificate and the letters from friends you should be good. USCIS doesn’t expect the same level of proof from a new marriage where the couple had never lived together in the same country. you are filing the petition to give you that opportunity. 

1 minute ago, Redro said:

Send proof of physical presence: Boarding passes to the the UK,hotel stays, tickets to events you went to together, photos with family and friends. 

The I130 bonafide marriage list is more geared towards people adjusting status and in the US together (or living together in a foreign country). 
Google “bonafide marriage”  “cr1” and “visajourney” for more ideas but with proof of meeting, the certificate and the letters from friends you should be good. USCIS doesn’t expect the same level of proof from a new marriage where the couple had never lived together in the same country. you are filing the petition to give you that opportunity. 

Thank you but where do we upload that information ? The pictures, receipts, plane tickets, and hotel stay ?

Is it under “ Additional Proof Of Marriage “ or “ Other Evidence “ ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.