devikk

Appointment for "Conditional" Permanent Residence

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi there.

I was hoping someone could help me with a few questions.

My wife and I have been through the K1 visa process. She is from Russia.

We have our interview coming up for "conditional" permanent residence within the month.

My wife had her medical in Moscow for the interview. We did not request extra copies of her medical records.

Regarding vaccination shots:

We do not have any of her vaccination records.

We are trying to get the info. from her doctor's in Russia.

My lawyer said we do not need to scheudle a new medical exam, but we should get some offical documents

from my wifes doctors in Russia stating that she has all vaccinations.

I could bring this information to one of the gov't appointed doctors here in the US and they could sign off that she is up-to-date.

(without having to pay the extra money to get a new exam and shots).

My question is: What vaccination shots are required? What proof do we need from my wife's doctor in Russia?

Thank you very much for your help!

Edited by devikk

July 11: Sent I-129F

July 14: Received I-129F

August 3: Receipt

August 6: Touched

Oct 18: I-129F Approved

Dec 1: NVC sent case to Embassy

February 14: Interview/Approved

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
Hi there.

We have our interview coming up for "conditional" permanent residence within the month.

My wife had her medical in Moscow for the interview. We did not request extra copies of her medical records.

My lawyer said we do not need to scheudle a new medical exam, but we should get some offical documents

I could bring this information to one of the gov't appointed doctors here in the US and they could sign off that she is up-to-date.

My question is: What vaccination shots are required? What proof do we need from my wife's doctor in Russia?

The only advice here would be to listen to your lawyer on that (since you even have one) - professional help is always the best!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The vaccinations she may need depend on her age. It is highly likely that she'll need a MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccination because it is likely that she never got a Rubella vaccine. The US requires a Rubella vaccine unless she was born after 1956.

Not only will she need a document from her doctor, but a good translation. Diseases there seem often to translate into terms that we don't recognize as diseases. (What in the world is "natural pox"? Probably small pox, probably not small pox.)

Did she have Chicken Pox? Can she document it? If not, she'll either need to test positive for varicella antibodies or get a varicella vaccine.

Can she document recent Tetanus/Diphtheria booster vaccines?

You might find this worksheet helpful:

http://tokyo.usembassy.gov/pdfs/wwwfds-3025.pdf

Together with the following age guidelines:

http://0-www.cdc.gov.mill1.sjlibrary.org/n...bl1-cs-clrd.pdf

taken from here:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/civil.htm

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hi there.

Has it been a year since she had her medical for the Visa? If not then she shouldn't need to repeat.

Without a copy of the DS3025 (the one that was sealed in the envelope for the interview in Moscow) some vaccines may need to be taken.

Any records you can get may help avoid duplicate vaccines. Take a look at the instructions on the I-693.

Good luck!

725268776.png

The only advice here would be to listen to your lawyer on that (since you even have one) - professional help is always the best!!!

:lol: Thanks! I needed a GOOD laugh!

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

A civil surgeon familiar with the requirments is the only person who can help you here.

Any records that you can obtain will make this easier, but ultimately, he will be the authority.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Find a local civil surgeon, they can fill out the required form.

Any shots you need you can go to your local health department, they are low cost and in some instances they are free. You can get a paper from the health department that she received the vaccinations, go back to the civil surgeon and they will fill out the form, you pick it up and take it with you to the interview.

I am surprised you didnt get an RFE for failing to provide that document in your AOS application.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Specifically, as stated above, you need the DS-3025 to prove to the civil sureon she's had the required vaccinations. Also as stated above, it's up to the civil surgeon, so maybe they'll just sign the I-693A without any other "proof" being provided. Call the civil surgeons in your area to find out what documentation they personally require. Also, ensure they're only charging you for the paperwork, not a full medical exam. Most dr.'s offices don't know any better (or do and just try to get paid) and try to charge you for a full exam. You only need the supplement. (Provided the med check was done within the last year.)

Also, shouldn't your lawyer be doing all this?

Fire him/her now and save yourself the money you're paying them. It's a waste. VJ is free and probably a much better source of information. The only thing your attorney is good for is referral to a divorce attorney that can say "My client used the services of my fraternity brother James Smith, esq. for the visa process and was determined to make his marriage work. His wife, meanwhile, only aspired to come to the U.S. and use my client for a green card. We have over $4,000 worth of documents to prove this. She has none."

Do yourself a favor. Read up, make a couple calls, and fire your sorry-@$$ lawyer.

I am surprised you didnt get an RFE for failing to provide that document in your AOS application.

That document is technically not a requirement to be filed with the application. It can be provided later. (I believe Satellite did this with no problems.) Lawyers know this, that's why it's possible to get an interview date without knowing about the I-693A until the last minute. (And being charged for it.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Also, ensure they're only charging you for the paperwork, not a full medical exam. Most dr.'s offices don't know any better (or do and just try to get paid) and try to charge you for a full exam. You only need the supplement. (Provided the med check

They will probably charge you anyway. Did in our case. You are really paying him for his time (the 15 minutes a Dr budgets per patient), and it does take time to look over the vaccinations and sign stuff.

Your local public health office probably has much more experience dealing with this type of stuff (more likely to get it right), and is probably cheaper as well.

That document is technically not a requirement to be filed with the application. It can be

This is correct.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
(I believe Satellite did this with no problems.) Lawyers know this, that's why it's possible to get an interview date without knowing about the I-693A until the last minute. (And being charged for it.)
All we did was download the I-693a and take it to a civil surgeon at public health. He took like two weeks to sign the form which was accompanied with my wife's "American" vaccination record. We only paid for the vaccines because it was public health. And no we did not add it later. Once the letter with the I-693a was completed with the official stamp on the envelop we then took it with us for our walk-in in AOS filing. The last part as most of you know is mute. The rest is still good info.

I used a lawyer for the visa process but once I got onto VJ we went through AOS without a hitch. I would dump the lawyer too.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.