Dragonsarereal

What? Embassy letter says I have not replied to the petition - But my interview is scheduled next Wednesday!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all,

this morning I received a letter from the Embassy. First of all it took a month to arrive, the date is 23 January and we are in March.

Second, again they spelled wrong the address. I live in Dereham and they keep writing DREHEM which does not exist, so for this reason I received everything a month late.

Anyway the letter goes,

We refer to our communication concerning the receipt of an approved petition according to your status as a fiancee of a US citizen.

As of this date we have had no reply from you. Please inform us within 60 days whether you intend to proceed with an application for a non-immigrant visa to marry and reside in the US. We would appreciate a response even if you wish to abandon the application.

If you still wish to proceed with your K-1 application you will be required to submit an UPDATED reaffirmation letter from your sponsor to update the I-129F petition. Please bring your affirmation letter with you to your appointment.

On the bottom they write the case number, then 

(C) name of daughter

Name (P) my name

-------

I am lost. I immediately sent my own application at the time of receiving their letter months ago, and had my medical, paid my VISA fees, scheduled appointment, and it says on their website under stats, READY.  What am I missing here?

Thanks

You said they sent it a month ago. Probably at the time they haven’t received anything and once they mailed this out, they received stuff. I’d just ignore it especially that you have an interview scheduled.

Timeline
12 hours ago, powerpuff said:

You said they sent it a month ago. Probably at the time they haven’t received anything and once they mailed this out, they received stuff. I’d just ignore it especially that you have an interview scheduled.

makes sense! I DID Send a quick email just in case....phew

Timeline

well case solved. I asked in an email what to do and they said, 'Oh ignore the letter, don't be concerned,  it is sent automatically. Just bring with you an updated declaration you still want to marry and are free to marry.' So I printed that, I went to the interview this morning and they didn't even ASK for it. 

27 minutes ago, Dragonsarereal said:

well case solved. I asked in an email what to do and they said, 'Oh ignore the letter, don't be concerned,  it is sent automatically. Just bring with you an updated declaration you still want to marry and are free to marry.' So I printed that, I went to the interview this morning and they didn't even ASK for it. 

Thanks for coming back with an update. 
Yup they didn’t ask for mine either even though it was on the list of documents to bring! But as I always say it’s better to be over prepared for interviews than under prepared.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.