CUsoonUS

CANADA MONTREAL CONS - INTERVIEW LETTERS IN FEB 2024?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

We were granted an expedite from the Montreal embassy, but haven’t heard anything in weeks. Our situation is quite urgent so I’m anxiously seeking information. 
I understand Montreal sends ILs in batches and I’m curious if the Feb batch have gone out yet? 

1 hour ago, MeeshCHI said:

Hi everyone, 

We were granted an expedite from the Montreal embassy, but haven’t heard anything in weeks. Our situation is quite urgent so I’m anxiously seeking information. 
I understand Montreal sends ILs in batches and I’m curious if the Feb batch have gone out yet? 

Which visa category? 

1 minute ago, MeeshCHI said:

CR 1

OK, then yes, they have - went out at the beginning of the month. But if you have been expedited at the consulate then you may well find your IL isn't sent out with everybody else's. When was the expedite approved/when were you DQ'ed?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

OK, then yes, they have - went out at the beginning of the month. But if you have been expedited at the consulate then you may well find your IL isn't sent out with everybody else's. When was the expedite approved/when were you DQ'ed?

Thanks! I haven’t been able to get any details. I haven no idea if the expedite changes the order. 

just to confirm you’re talking about the Montreal Canada consulate? 

Our DQ was Feb 15 so almost two weeks ago. 

I assume the ILs typically go out at the beginning of the month from what you’ve seen? 

somebody told me they go out around the 20th. 

appreciate your insights. :) 

Just now, MeeshCHI said:

Thanks! I haven’t been able to get any details. I haven no idea if the expedite changes the order. 

just to confirm you’re talking about the Montreal Canada consulate? 

Our DQ was Feb 15 so almost two weeks ago. 

I assume the ILs typically go out at the beginning of the month from what you’ve seen? 

somebody told me they go out around the 20th. 

appreciate your insights. :) 

There's a long running thread about IL's for Montreal for CR1 applicants, that's where I found when the last batch of IL's were sent out. If you were only DQ'ed on 15th Feb then I'm not surprised you've not received an IL yet, even with an expedite. Montreal probably haven't even got your file yet, what does your status say on CEAC?

Just to confirm, you have received the expedite from the consulate? Not from NVC

Timeline
14 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

There's a long running thread about IL's for Montreal for CR1 applicants, that's where I found when the last batch of IL's were sent out. If you were only DQ'ed on 15th Feb then I'm not surprised you've not received an IL yet, even with an expedite. Montreal probably haven't even got your file yet, what does your status say on CEAC?

Just to confirm, you have received the expedite from the consulate? Not from NVC

That’s so helpful!! Can you share the thread please? 
Details are below. 
I did see just now that in the first approval from NVC it did say it could take up to 2 weeks for the embassy to receive our file. So I am probably just getting anxious over nothing. 

My status on CEAC says : ACCEPTED

and in my mail I have two messages: 

Case has been expedited to post 15-FEB-2024 07:48:37 EST

All required applicant documents have been received and approved

The expedite approval notice was from the NVC and is as follows: 

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in MONTREAL, CAN approved your request for expedited processing of your immigrant visa application. The National Visa Center sent your immigrant visa application to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in MONTREAL, CAN for their action. The Embassy/Consulate General will contact you soon to schedule a visa interview.

If you have questions about your visa interview, please visit the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General's website at https://www.usembassy.gov.

Regards,
National Visa Center,
U.S. Department of State
https://nvc.state.gov/ask

THANK YOU AO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLIES! 

3 minutes ago, MeeshCHI said:

That’s so helpful!! Can you share the thread please? 

Top of this sub forum there is a sticky thread called 'DQ to IL threads by consulate' (or something similar). Click on that and in the first post you'll find the CR1 Montreal tracking thread - there's also a spreadsheet in it, look in people's signatures. 

HTH, best of luck, hope you hear soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.