jackiegringa

Planning surgery around USCIS schedule

4 posts in this topic

I might have to schedule a surgery with a long recovery process in the coming months. Since I already filed for citizenship, now comes the puzzle part:

Do I schedule the surgery and risk the interview being scheduled around the same time? If yes, I could try to reschedule the surgery but that could mean waiting many months for another spot.

But I know rescheduling an interview is difficult and I would also like to not have an issue with the last step of the process. I would be housebound for at least a month, probably close to two so going to an interview while in active recovery is really not an option.

None of this is urgent, both interview and surgery have not been scheduled but of course I am trying to think of possible scenarios and how to make life work when USCIS is the one with actual control over my schedule. I should note my FO is St Louis and the processing time is 11 months, so I might not even get an interview for while.

Edited by jackiegringa

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

Beauty Oh please do not delay surgery ..even a Brazilian Beauty Procedure will keep the N-400 alive . 

Schedule surgery and if interview date comes during recoup , send request for a specific date along with Doctors Note . —“ Kindly reschedule on or after  xxx date as I am recovering from surgery “

They may automatically reschedule in a month …by mistake but you are ok to again postpone .

Speedy recovery 

25 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

U just filed the N400 in January

u have time for the surgery

I don't think this will be scheduled in the first semester, which then puts me in recovery between July-October. It is not inconceivable that by September I'll have an interview date.

Just trying to plan ahead when you have no idea when things will happen...

event.png

Current processes:

I-751 regular ROC (SRC)                                       N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 17 2023 - Received                                       Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 23, 2023 - NOA + 36 months extension     Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Apr 12, 2023 - 48 months extension letter        Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400!!!!

Completed:

I-90 for lost GC (IOE)

Sep 6, 2022 - Received

Sep 14, 2022 - Case is Being Reviewed

Feb 6, 2023 - Card is being produced !!!!!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2023 - Out for delivery/Return to sender 😠

Mar 6, 2023 - Re-mail request

Mar 9, 2023 - GC delivered!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.