Ussuf

General US embassy in Casablanca

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

3 months ago I got the welcome letter via my home mail address, and when I check my case status on ceac website it says “READY”  but the general US embassy in Casablanca till now they didn’t contact me with the instructions pack. I called them twice and they’re saying the same thing “your case is escalated” 

My fiancée contact the senator and the senator contact the DHS, they confirmed to her that they sent my case to the US embassy in Casablanca and the case is pending 

I filled out DS-160 form and I created a profile on ustraveldocs.com, should I go ahead pay the fees and schedule the appointment ? or it’s important to wait until they send me the instructions pack via my email ?! 

I’m so confused, I hope someone can help with any informations. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can go ahead and pay the fees now if you want. Or you can pay in cash at the consulate when you attend your interview. It's not uncommon to be waiting 3-5 months for a K-1 interview at the Casablanca consulate at this time.

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline

After paying the visa fee at the Chaabi bank and having the receipt number (MRV) should I schedule the interview appointment ? Or wait until the US consulate send me the instructions email ? 

Timeline

Casablanca does not allow you to schedule the K-1 interview yourself, you'll need to wait for them to give you an interview date via email. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ussuf said:

3 months ago I got the welcome letter via my home mail address, and when I check my case status on ceac website it says “READY”  but the general US embassy in Casablanca till now they didn’t contact me with the instructions pack. I called them twice and they’re saying the same thing “your case is escalated” 

My fiancée contact the senator and the senator contact the DHS, they confirmed to her that they sent my case to the US embassy in Casablanca and the case is pending 

I filled out DS-160 form and I created a profile on ustraveldocs.com, should I go ahead pay the fees and schedule the appointment ? or it’s important to wait until they send me the instructions pack via my email ?! 

I’m so confused, I hope someone can help with any informations. 

Hi Ussuf. We have been on Ready status since July 2023 and still haven’t received our interview date. Contacted congressman and the consulate is not helping. I am seeing cases taking 7-8 months until an interview date. Hope this helps. 

Timeline

At this time concern should be 

Am I prepared for the interview?

Since your interview will more than likely be after the 15th of April,  has the USC done 2023 tax returns and is prepared to send them along with W2  to Morocco for the interview?

I see way too many get a 221g for missing documents and then put into long AP (refused till document(s) received and inspected by embassy

Know what is needed NOW and prepare

Documents Required for the Visa Interview

• Birth certificate of Moroccan and English translation
  • Police certificate (fiche anthropometrique) and English translation
  • Court record (casier judiciare) and English translation
  • Singlehood certificate and English translation
  • Original divorce certificate plus a copy and English translation if applicable
  • Death certificate and English translation if applicable
  • Medical record from one of our panel physicians
  • 2 photos (5cm x 5cm) white background
  • $265 paid in cash at the Consulate, in either U.S. Dollars or the equivalent in Moroccan Dirhams.
  • Non-Remarriage certificate & English translation.
  • I-134 Affidavit of Support form (with petitioner’s original signature) along with a copy of the petitioner’s most recent tax return
    • Please note that the petitioner must fill out the I-134 form even if he or she thinks that their income does not meet the Poverty Income Guidelines
  • The beneficiary of the K petition must also fill out the DS-160.
  • Confirmation page of DS-160 submission.
  • Police records from foreign countries lived at for one (1) year or more.
  • Proof of USC US residency

• you can not proceed to schedule the medical exam till u receive the notice from the embassy

On 2/7/2024 at 12:02 PM, JeanneAdil said:

At this time concern should be 

Am I prepared for the interview?

Since your interview will more than likely be after the 15th of April,  has the USC done 2023 tax returns and is prepared to send them along with W2  to Morocco for the interview?

I see way too many get a 221g for missing documents and then put into long AP (refused till document(s) received and inspected by embassy

Know what is needed NOW and prepare

Documents Required for the Visa Interview

• Birth certificate of Moroccan and English translation
  • Police certificate (fiche anthropometrique) and English translation
  • Court record (casier judiciare) and English translation
  • Singlehood certificate and English translation
  • Original divorce certificate plus a copy and English translation if applicable
  • Death certificate and English translation if applicable
  • Medical record from one of our panel physicians
  • 2 photos (5cm x 5cm) white background
  • $265 paid in cash at the Consulate, in either U.S. Dollars or the equivalent in Moroccan Dirhams.
  • Non-Remarriage certificate & English translation.
  • I-134 Affidavit of Support form (with petitioner’s original signature) along with a copy of the petitioner’s most recent tax return
    • Please note that the petitioner must fill out the I-134 form even if he or she thinks that their income does not meet the Poverty Income Guidelines
  • The beneficiary of the K petition must also fill out the DS-160.
  • Confirmation page of DS-160 submission.
  • Police records from foreign countries lived at for one (1) year or more.
  • Proof of USC US residency

• you can not proceed to schedule the medical exam till u receive the notice from the embassy

Hey jeanneaAdil what kind proof of USC US residency because I sent my fiancée my ID and my address is there is that ok 

Timeline
On 2/9/2024 at 12:23 PM, Seraj said:

Hey jeanneaAdil what kind proof of USC US residency because I sent my fiancée my ID and my address is there is that ok 

ID like DL or state ID with photo serves as this

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.