MariaLe01

Green Card Help

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I am so glad I found this website and I'm hoping somebody can help me with some solutions to my mom's situation.

Long story short, 2 years ago my whole family renewed our green cards, my dad, sister and I received ours super fast (within 2 weeks), my mom, on the other hand has gone without a green card for the last two years, we've been trying to contact USCIS and they keep pushing her off, they gave her a letter to use to go to the country for a year, but that expired and they never sent her another one so now my mom can't leave the country because she won't be able to get back in.

We reside in Texas, and I've reached out to our senators and a bunch of other people in the government to try to get this pushed through but they have not been very helpful, does anybody have any tips or anything that I could do to get my mom her green card mailed out ASAP? On the USCIS website it says it's still under review after 2 years.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

+Contact USCIS to schedule appointment for mom to get ADIT stamp in her passport.

+File lawsuit Writ of Mandamus to force USCIS' hand.

Good luck.

Edited by nastra30

9 hours ago, MariaLe01 said:

Hello everyone! I am so glad I found this website and I'm hoping somebody can help me with some solutions to my mom's situation.

Long story short, 2 years ago my whole family renewed our green cards, my dad, sister and I received ours super fast (within 2 weeks), my mom, on the other hand has gone without a green card for the last two years, we've been trying to contact USCIS and they keep pushing her off, they gave her a letter to use to go to the country for a year, but that expired and they never sent her another one so now my mom can't leave the country because she won't be able to get back in.

We reside in Texas, and I've reached out to our senators and a bunch of other people in the government to try to get this pushed through but they have not been very helpful, does anybody have any tips or anything that I could do to get my mom her green card mailed out ASAP? On the USCIS website it says it's still under review after 2 years.

Quickest way to file a lawsuit in court . it is called writ of mandamus and should get you a decision within 30-60 days of filing . i have posted details about how to file .

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.