Amy111

Any bank statements required at the airport?

7 posts in this topic

Hi so my mom is traveling soon, from Pakistan to USA on visitor visa. I did put myself as a payer for the trip, since im her daughter and she’s coming to stay w us and see her grandkid. Would they ask her to provide anything at the airport like funds or bank statements? Also, Is 3 months alot for a return ticket? Should we keep her trip short? 

When visiting the USA on my B2 I would usually be asked if I have sufficient funds for my trip and how much cash I have. I would always answer zero cash and show a few credit cards from my wallet which was always sufficient. 

For a 3 month trip I would most certainly expect her to be asked to show sufficient funds.

35 minutes ago, MaxP22 said:

When visiting the USA on my B2 I would usually be asked if I have sufficient funds for my trip and how much cash I have. I would always answer zero cash and show a few credit cards from my wallet which was always sufficient. 

For a 3 month trip I would most certainly expect her to be asked to show sufficient funds.

What do you think about me putting myself as a payer? Because i am bearing the expenses. Should she tell them that? Or should i write a letter stating i am bearing her expenses

3 hours ago, Amy111 said:

What do you think about me putting myself as a payer? Because i am bearing the expenses. Should she tell them that? Or should i write a letter stating i am bearing her expenses

A B1/B2 visitor should have:

- Strong ties to their back country

- Enough finances to cover the trip in the US

Otherwise they may be denied entry to the US. Sponsorship by others does not work for visitor visas as far as I know.

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

A B1/B2 visitor should have:

- Strong ties to their back country

- Enough finances to cover the trip in the US

Otherwise they may be denied entry to the US. Sponsorship by others does not work for visitor visas as far as I know.

Okay, and what it should be for 2 months trip? The finances? 

12 minutes ago, Amy111 said:

Okay, and what it should be for 2 months trip? The finances? 

I'm not a CBP. Usually it's their discretion, so hard for me to tell.

Use common sense. One can bring up to $10000 in the US without declaring it. Would $100 be enough for 2 months? Probably not. Would $9999 be enough? Surely. Can you go lower? Probably. How low? Depends on your comfort and abilities.

14 hours ago, Amy111 said:

Hi so my mom is traveling soon, from Pakistan to USA on visitor visa. I did put myself as a payer for the trip, since im her daughter and she’s coming to stay w us and see her grandkid. Would they ask her to provide anything at the airport like funds or bank statements? Also, Is 3 months alot for a return ticket? Should we keep her trip short? 

its fine what you are doing. she can say that you are going to take care of her expenses .it is perfectly acceptable. 3 months stay is not an issue. lots of people stay 6 months granted for visitor visa 

Bank statements and funds are not required as you are going to cover her expenses 

duh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.