greenstars

Spousal Visa Questions (Merged similar topics)

38 posts in this topic

A few follow up questions:

1.  The beneficiary's address uses a village addressing system not a proper street address.  The instructions say to leave the street address lines blank if it's not a street address. But this could cause problems, if they need to mail anything to her.  During the I-130 process, or beyond that on the green card process, do they ever mail anything to her address in her asian country?  If so wouldn't leaving the important address line out just because the instructions say to be a mistake?

2.  After I-130 is approved, she will move to Germany under SOFA. Yet the I-130 has her address in the asian country she lives in. And although we will also specify on the I-130 that we want the German consulate, I understand they will disregard that and go with the Asian country anyway.  So what do we do when she is in Germany?  Can we change her address and put the German consulate on the Green card application which we won't even start until she is in Germany?  Or are we stuck with the original asian address and asian country consulate?  Can anyone shed some light on what will happen, how to transfer the consulate, and the sequence of events that we need to be dealing with all because they will ignore our consulate request due to her original address being in Asia?

Thanks for your patience with all my quesitons.  We've been separated for over 5 years so I really want to get every detail right. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Normally the spouse would move under SOFA and then you would file using your US address.

To redirect you would contact NVC, if it is there and she is in Germany or ask Frankfurt to take it on if it has got to her Consulate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
13 hours ago, greenstars said:

A few follow up questions:

1.  The beneficiary's address uses a village addressing system not a proper street address.  The instructions say to leave the street address lines blank if it's not a street address. But this could cause problems, if they need to mail anything to her.  During the I-130 process, or beyond that on the green card process, do they ever mail anything to her address in her asian country?  If so wouldn't leaving the important address line out just because the instructions say to be a mistake?

2.  After I-130 is approved, she will move to Germany under SOFA. Yet the I-130 has her address in the asian country she lives in. And although we will also specify on the I-130 that we want the German consulate, I understand they will disregard that and go with the Asian country anyway.  So what do we do when she is in Germany?  Can we change her address and put the German consulate on the Green card application which we won't even start until she is in Germany?  Or are we stuck with the original asian address and asian country consulate?  Can anyone shed some light on what will happen, how to transfer the consulate, and the sequence of events that we need to be dealing with all because they will ignore our consulate request due to her original address being in Asia?

Thanks for your patience with all my quesitons.  We've been separated for over 5 years so I really want to get every detail right.

Don't leave in blank. Enter what she would use as a shipping address if ordering online.  My address starts with Red Gate, yellow house,......ends with City, Province and postal code.  She won't get anything by mail anyway.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

15 hours ago, Boiler said:

Normally the spouse would move under SOFA and then you would file using your US address.

To redirect you would contact NVC, if it is there and she is in Germany or ask Frankfurt to take it on if it has got to her Consulate.

It sounds like what I should do is this order of steps:

1. submit the I-130 with the consulate as her current country where she lives that matches her address.

2. As soon as I have a case number contact NVC (or maybe it's better to email the Germany consulate directly??) and request transfer to them on the basis that she is moving to Germany as soon as I-130 approval is granted.

3.  Somehow change her address on the file to Germany after she is living with me here.

4.  Start applying for the green card from Germany and interview in Germany (assuming they approved)

What do you think?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would wait until she moves to Germany to start the location change.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On my spouse's I-130A, she listed her parents name.  Each parent has no last name and no middle name.  They do not have any last name.  In her culture they don't use last names in older generations, and new generations might have a unique last name for every family member, instead of  a shared last name.  Her biological sister from the same parents has a different last name, for example.

Generally, in the forums I have found that the advice is to leave it blank if there is no middle name, because the government may inadvertently put N/A or "none" as their actual middle name into the system.  None is a middle name in some countries.  But just having only the first name and no last name might look to an agent as if  the question was not fully completed, which could also cause problems.

What advice can you give about this delima?

Edited by greenstars

1 hour ago, greenstars said:

So what I plan to do, since she lives in her home country in Asia, but we'll need to interview in Germany;

1. Her current address is listed in Indonesia

2. I put the Embassy in Frankfurt, Germany as the preferred embassy.

3.  I will add in the additional information an explanation as to why requesting this.

I hope there is no problem with doing it this way. I realize they may send it to her home country embassy in any case.  I home it won't make things worse and slow things down.  If anyone has thoughts on this before I submit, please let me know.

I

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, greenstars said:

On my spouse's I-130A, she listed her parents name.  Each parent has no last name and no middle name.  They do not have any last name.  In her culture they don't use last names in older generations, and new generations might have a unique last name for every family member, instead of  a shared last name.  Her biological sister from the same parents has a different last name, for example.

Generally, in the forums I have found that the advice is to leave it blank if there is no middle name, because the government may inadvertently put N/A or "none" as their actual middle name into the system.  None is a middle name in some countries.  But just having only the first name and no last name might look to an agent as if  the question was not fully completed, which could also cause problems.

What advice can you give about this delima?

Enter "No Family name" and "No Middle name".  All concerned have dealt with Indonesia before.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.