ah-no

Do we actually have to wait for the Original Interview Date to pass before rescheduling on ustraveldocs? We *know* we won't make it.

12 posts in this topic

Hello all, my spouse is a Russian National who doesn't have the necessary Schengen visa to enter Warsaw. We know she won't be able to get it in time, no matter what date her interview letter assigns her to. On the website, it says you MUST wait for the original interview date to pass. This doesn't seem right or fair (we could give that slot to someone else, and if we wait, we'll have to delay our interview even further for 0 reason). Does anyone have experience with this? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 12/15/2023 at 7:31 PM, ah-no said:

Hello all, my spouse is a Russian National who doesn't have the necessary Schengen visa to enter Warsaw. We know she won't be able to get it in time, no matter what date her interview letter assigns her to. On the website, it says you MUST wait for the original interview date to pass. This doesn't seem right or fair (we could give that slot to someone else, and if we wait, we'll have to delay our interview even further for 0 reason). Does anyone have experience with this? 

It is illogical but that's Warsaw. I also contacted them to cancel our interview date and they just sent me a standard reply about waiting until after the interview date.

Just now, BenNomad said:

It is illogical but that's Warsaw. I also contacted them to cancel our interview date and they just sent me a standard reply about waiting until after the interview date.

It’s possible to just reschedule it on the Ustraveldocs yourself. I’m wondering what will happen if I just do it. Apparently several have done this, although I don’t know anyone who actually did the interview yet. I may reschedule manually then ask them to confirm and see what happens…

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ah-no said:

It’s possible to just reschedule it on the Ustraveldocs yourself. I’m wondering what will happen if I just do it. Apparently several have done this, although I don’t know anyone who actually did the interview yet. I may reschedule manually then ask them to confirm and see what happens…

If it allows you to schedule a second, later interview date, go for it. Then just let them know you won't be attending the earlier interview. At one point my wife had two interviews dates scheduled in Warsaw (one scheduled by us and the other by the consulate) and I had to contact US travel docs twice to get them sort it out. 

1 minute ago, BenNomad said:

If it allows you to schedule a second, later interview date, go for it. Then just let them know you won't be attending the earlier interview. At one point my wife had two interviews dates scheduled in Warsaw (one scheduled by us and the other by the consulate) and I had to contact US travel docs twice to get them sort it out. 

No, it actually has a “reschedule interview” option there. There is a separate “schedule” option. The text also says you should wait for the date to pass, but it allows you to reschedule immediately. That’s why I figure I could just try it and contact them afterward. If something goes wrong, it’ll have to be sorted out anyway by them. Just my plan. 

Edited by ah-no

Timeline
1 minute ago, ah-no said:

No, it actually has a “reschedule interview” option there. 

If you select the reschedule option, does it let you continue to choose a new date? If so, then I would go for it despite their rule. But I wasn't in that situation so I can't confirm that there will be no issues. But what could they possibly do?

3 minutes ago, BenNomad said:

If you select the reschedule option, does it let you continue to choose a new date? If so, then I would go for it despite their rule. But I wasn't in that situation so I can't confirm that there will be no issues. But what could they possibly do?

Yes, you can select a date and a calendar appears. Well, I’m afraid we’ll show up and they’ll be like, “oh there’s some mistake” or the interview letter date won’t match our rescheduled date. T_T

one couple was assigned to Jakarta, showed up, and they refused cause they weren’t residents. And they didn’t even pick there

Timeline

Just reschedule it and then email the embassy to confirm everything is okay. If it doesn't work, you'll just have to wait until the original date passes. And don't worry, no one else needs your slot. There is no backlog of cases at Warsaw currently. We went from DQ to visa in passport in less than 2 months.

3 hours ago, barbieland said:

Just reschedule it and then email the embassy to confirm everything is okay. If it doesn't work, you'll just have to wait until the original date passes. And don't worry, no one else needs your slot. There is no backlog of cases at Warsaw currently. We went from DQ to visa in passport in less than 2 months.

Wish that were the case, I’ve been waiting for Interview Letter after DQ for 7+ weeks (51 days.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.