TexasGuy0101

Got RFIE Response if I am going to move other state

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good evening everyone, my status changed to Request for initial evidence RFIE) on 11/22/2023, today I received the letter and they requested
Copy of marriage certificate
Copy of our baby's birth certificate
Copy of my husband's ID

sent the birth certificate but not the other two documents.

I live in Texas and the office I was assigned to is Texas too, priority date 07/07/2021, at the beginning of December I am going to move to another state and in the letter they ask me to put when I send the documentation they ask me that in case If I have changed my address, put the new address there, I was thinking that when I send the package ( When I Move just in few days ) I will put my new address and attach a copy of the rental contract as proof.

Could you please let me know if this is good idea ? Do you think this affect the times in my case

thank you 

Edited by TexasGuy0101

Hi, as long as your letter reaches USCIS before the deadline, you're OK waiting for few days until you moved to a new place.

Make sure to file AR-11 within 10 days after moving. Your US citizen spouse (sponsor) would have 30 days to file I-865

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
Hace 15 minutos, OldUser dijo:

Hola, siempre y cuando tu carta llegue a USCIS antes de la fecha límite, puedes esperar unos días hasta que te mudes a un nuevo lugar.

Asegúrese de presentar el AR-11 dentro de los 10 días posteriores a la mudanza. Su cónyuge (patrocinador) ciudadano estadounidense tendría 30 días para presentar el I-865

Thank you for the information, Do you think would be good idea send a copy of  Ar-11  with my response or that is not necessary, Soon I move , I want to send the response to request , but I am not sure if I have to send my AR-11 because I am going to inform them about my move , 
deadline is in February 2024 
Thank you

Edited by TexasGuy0101

44 minutes ago, TexasGuy0101 said:

but I am not sure if I have to send my AR-11 because I am going to inform them about my move , 

You must inform USCIS about address change by filing AR-11. You can do it online after moving, it takes 5 minutes. Responding to RFE is not enough to update your address. I-865 must be filed on paper. Send two letters, one for RFE and one for I-865. It's not expensive, but you'll avoid a lot of confusion that can result from combining multiple forms in one letter.

Timeline
9 hours ago, TexasGuy0101 said:

Thank you for the information, Do you think would be good idea send a copy of  Ar-11  with my response or that is not necessary, Soon I move , I want to send the response to request , but I am not sure if I have to send my AR-11 because I am going to inform them about my move , 
deadline is in February 2024 
Thank you

Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.