Rosalea

What counts or doesn't count as financial support?

19 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Rosalea said:

Yikes, I wasn't planning on doing that lmao. Like I said, I have my own money in savings so I'm good 😅 None of this is about me wanting all his money, seems like everyone's getting the wrong idea about my post.

You’re conflating immigration requirements with agreements in a relationship.

Remember, some consulates allow self sponsorship for I134, and if the beneficiary is working in the US (on OPT or nonimmigrant work visa) they can include their income in I864… additionally, some beneficiaries “self sponsor” and use their entire income for the I864 as the sponsor is a housewife/doesn’t work (several cases on VJ of beneficiaries moving to the US and transferring from their company in their home country to a branch in the US)
Then on the other hand, you have beneficiaries who will never work (parents, housewives, stay at home moms)… all USCIS cares about is: you won’t become a public charge and if you do… your partner will repay the government (if they ever decide to pursue repayment). 
Then you have sponsors who don’t qualify… and a joint sponsor needs to be found… generally, people don’t request the joint sponsor support the beneficiary day to day… 

USCIS doesn’t care where the money comes from, they don’t need the money (until you become a public charge- and even that isn’t always the case), … all they care about is a properly executed I864 so the beneficiary can obtain the GC. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Redro said:

You’re conflating immigration requirements with agreements in a relationship.

Remember, some consulates allow self sponsorship for I134, and if the beneficiary is working in the US (on OPT or nonimmigrant work visa) they can include their income in I864… additionally, some beneficiaries “self sponsor” and use their entire income for the I864 as the sponsor is a housewife/doesn’t work (several cases on VJ of beneficiaries moving to the US and transferring from their company in their home country to a branch in the US)
Then on the other hand, you have beneficiaries who will never work (parents, housewives, stay at home moms)… all USCIS cares about is: you won’t become a public charge and if you do… your partner will repay the government (if they ever decide to pursue repayment). 
Then you have sponsors who don’t qualify… and a joint sponsor needs to be found… generally, people don’t request the joint sponsor support the beneficiary day to day… 

USCIS doesn’t care where the money comes from, they don’t need the money (until you become a public charge- and even that isn’t always the case), … all they care about is a properly executed I864 so the beneficiary can obtain the GC. 

No, I was just asking what the norm typically is, which I've now realised is ambiguous and exactly what we're already doing and have already agreed on.

8 minutes ago, Rosalea said:

No, I was just asking what the norm typically is, which I've now realised is ambiguous and exactly what we're already doing and have already agreed on.

There is no norm… it depends on the couple and their agreement. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Redro said:

There is no norm… it depends on the couple and their agreement. 

Yes I know that now. That's all I wanted with my question. Didn't need all the extra stuff.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.