tamarindo809

Did I make a mistake in the I-864?

5 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I applied for AOS for K1/K2, on the i864 form on part 3 I selected the second option. Apparently I got confused and thought it was the right choice if there was a K2 as well but it seems on question 1 the answer has to be yes as well?

at this point would it better to wait for an RFE or resubmit that page as unsolicited evidence on myUSCIS account?

Thanks. 

Part 3. Information About the Immigrants You Are Sponsoring

1. I am sponsoring the principal immigrant named in Part 2.

YES OR NO (Applicable only if you are sponsoring
family members in Part 3. as the second joint sponsor or if you are sponsoring family members who are immigrating more than six months after the principal immigrant)

2. (X) I am sponsoring the following family members immigrating at the same time or within six months of the principal immigrant named in Part 2. (Do not include any relative listed on a separate visa petition.)

3. I am sponsoring the following family members who
are immigrating more than six months after the principal immigrant.

IMG_3848.jpeg

58 minutes ago, tamarindo809 said:

This was done for the K1 and K2’s i864 that accompanied their i485

Pardon?

The K1 would need their own I485 and their own I864.

Each K2 would need their own I485 and their own I864.

The answers on the K1's I864 would NOT be the same as the answers on the K2's I864 ESPECIALLY for the question at hand. 

Is that what you are saying?? That you filed out all of the I864's THE SAME?

Or are you saying you submitted only ONE I485 and ONE I864 for EVERYONE?

Please be clear in your explanation and details and confirm HOW MANY immigrants you are asking about and HOW MANY K1s and K2s there are and what you filled out for each person. 

You likely have a way bigger problem than you think.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

7 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Pardon?

The K1 would need their own I485 and their own I864.

Each K2 would need their own I485 and their own I864.

The answers on the K1's I864 would NOT be the same as the answers on the K2's I864 ESPECIALLY for the question at hand. 

Is that what you are saying?? That you filed out all of the I864's THE SAME?

Or are you saying you submitted only ONE I485 and ONE I864 for EVERYONE?

Please be clear in your explanation and details and confirm HOW MANY immigrants you are asking about and HOW MANY K1s and K2s there are and what you filled out for each person. 

You likely have a way bigger problem than you think.

Sorry for the confusion this is causing. There are two immigrants total. One K1 and one K2. They each have their own separate i485 and i864 with their own different answers. They both have already done their biometrics,etc. 

While they both have their own forms and answers, the issue is with the question on the first post which for both immigrants was answered the same way and on that question YES was not marked. 

Since that question was answered wrong I was concerned if this can cause a denial due to affidavit or would I get an RFE or I can just upload that certain i864 page corrected (or maybe the whole i864 form again?) as unsolicited evidence on the MyUSCIS account. 

Thank you for the patience and sorry once again for the confusion. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.