AV53

request for more documents at the interview

32 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, AV53 said:

Hello,

I have been asked to submit more documents with our passport to the consulate; has anybody had a similar situation? Does anyone know how long it will take to possibly get the visa?

Thank you,

Lots of people are asked to submit additional documents, in particular, the DS-5535 for Canada.

No one here can possibly know how long it will take.  There is a very long thread here on VJ for Montreal applicants who had to do a DS-5535, if that is what you were asked for.

4 hours ago, AV53 said:

Hello,

I have been asked to submit more documents with our passport to the consulate; has anybody had a similar situation? Does anyone know how long it will take to possibly get the visa?

Thank you,

Did you interview in Montreal?  If so, expect to wait at least 6-8 weeks after reception of your documents.  Anything post-interview goes really slowly in Montreal. 

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Did you interview in Montreal?  If so, expect to wait at least 6-8 weeks after reception of your documents.  Anything post-interview goes really slowly in Montreal. 

I did, they asked me for additional documents and our passport; so I am hoping it won't take 6-8 weeks:)

Timeline
1 hour ago, SalishSea said:

Lots of people are asked to submit additional documents, in particular, the DS-5535 for Canada.

No one here can possibly know how long it will take.  There is a very long thread here on VJ for Montreal applicants who had to do a DS-5535, if that is what you were asked for.

no , it wasn't DS-5535 but I heard about that too; I sent the requested document along with our passports though.

2 minutes ago, AV53 said:

no , it wasn't DS-5535 but I heard about that too; I sent the requested document along with our passports though.

Okay, well @Lemonslice went through Montreal, so I'd follow her advice that post-interview processing of additional documents is just slow, and it's not unusual.

Edited by SalishSea

2 hours ago, AV53 said:

I hope that it won't be that long for you, but they are slow at processing these things.  

Look up this current example:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lemonslice said:

I hope that it won't be that long for you, but they are slow at processing these things.  

Look up this current example:

Thank you 🙏🏻 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, AV53 said:

I did, they asked me for additional documents and our passport; so I am hoping it won't take 6-8 weeks:)

Hi, I'm at end of my 7th week after they received my passport and additional documents. It's different for anyone,  I didn't see anyone got back their passport sooner than 6 weeks. 

Edited by niloo

1 hour ago, AV53 said:

wow! I was hopeful:(

I always feel like a Debbie Downer when I give that answer, but it is realistic.   Some people DO get their visa back sooner, but I feel it would not be fair to give you the best case scenario when it is not a common occurrence.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

I always feel like a Debbie Downer when I give that answer, but it is realistic.   Some people DO get their visa back sooner, but I feel it would not be fair to give you the best case scenario when it is not a common occurrence.

Haha, I totally agree, it's good to know the worst-case scenario.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.