BizzyBee

K1 visa wait times 2023

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 10/31/2023 at 10:14 PM, BizzyBee said:

Hi all! Im a 25 y f and I have a 22 y M fiance from northern ireland, we just filed the petition for the K1 visa, neither of us have kids or have been married before and no criminal records. We consulted with a lawyer who said our process should be straight forward as we have a TON of evidence. We are being processed at the California service center, which online says its about 15 months at this time to process, does anyone have experience with this visa and this service center, Any insight is helpful

Hi! While I think it's unfortunately a "your mileage may vary" scenario, I can tell you that we filed at the end of March 2023, and had our petition approved Dec of 2023 and just recently got notified the NVC received and were now sending to the consulate in my beneficiary's country. This is definitely all happening much quicker than we expected, as we were told to expect at least 12 months to get the approval, barring an RFE (which didn't happen, WHEW).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
On 1/3/2024 at 7:02 PM, justinemaaaae said:

Hi everyone!

Happy New Year!

Hope all is well... So, I know it has only been almost 2 months since we got our NOA1 and now I am getting paranoid bcos we arent doing anything... 

so please clarify to me once again that this now a waiting game and we just have to keep our chill and hope for the best that we get our NOA1 soon, right? 

bcos if we're wrong and we should have been doing something else and we arent that i am gonna lose my mind 😅

Thank you!

Hey! You probably meant NOA2? since you already got NOA1 (that they received your petition). But yeah, no worries, you just need to wait now. You also can check the updates on your case at USCIS website (my fiance did it for us, so I'm not sure how it all works) 

On 1/3/2024 at 8:02 AM, justinemaaaae said:

Hi everyone!

Happy New Year!

Hope all is well... So, I know it has only been almost 2 months since we got our NOA1 and now I am getting paranoid bcos we arent doing anything... 

so please clarify to me once again that this now a waiting game and we just have to keep our chill and hope for the best that we get our NOA1 soon, right? 

bcos if we're wrong and we should have been doing something else and we arent that i am gonna lose my mind 😅

Thank you!

Just be patient at this time some waited almost a year and few waited over a year. Start looking out from 10 months from your NOA1 date 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.