Carolyn

Any cat experts out there?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have the two cutest 5 month old kittens in the world, but I'm a little worried about having a houseful soon!

My kittens, male and female littermates, were found today in a position that looked suspiciously like he was going to mount her...he was biting the back of her neck and just looked poised...

The vet said to wait until she is 6 months old to get spade, but maybe I should do it sooner?

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Usually between 5 & 6 month they go into heat.

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Timeline

No heat yet (that I know of), but her tail was wagging when he was getting into position...

Carolyn and Simo

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

rPXNm5.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
No heat yet (that I know of), but her tail was wagging when he was getting into position...

My husband had a cat that hung around his old flat for a while and she had kittens. One didn't survive but the female one did. I believe she was around 5 months when she got pregnant and now there are three cats around the flat, her and two widdle kittens. :luv: Babies having babies. Kids these days...they start so young! :lol:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

They can get pregnant pretty young, mid-to-late first year of life. If they're not spayed and neutered, now's the time. According to my vet, there's no real harm in spaying them sooner.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

6 months old is the preferable age amongst vets for spaying females but there are some vets that will spay them at 5 months old. Sounds like your male kitten is gettin himself ready for her.

Has your female kitten started her heat season yet?? Is she acting strange for example....is she crouching down on her front paws with her butt in the air ......is she meowin in a higher pitched noise than usual.......eating more......restlessss.......any of these signs could be that she is due to start her heat season/is in heat.

If she is in heat, i'd suggest keeping your male kitten away from her or contacting your nearest Veterinary Hospital and booking her in to be spayed..it will cost a little more than normal compared to a kitten not in heat.

PS, my female kitten went into her first heat season at 5 months!

Edited by MariaDane

Separated!!

Timeline
6 months old is the preferable age amongst vets for spaying females but there are some vets that will spay them at 5 months old. Sounds like your male kitten is gettin himself ready for her.

Has your female kitten started her heat season yet?? Is she acting strange for example....is she crouching down on her front paws with her butt in the air ......is she meowin in a higher pitched noise than usual.......eating more......restlessss.......any of these signs could be that she is due to start her heat season/is in heat.

If she is in heat, i'd suggest keeping your male kitten away from her or contacting your nearest Veterinary Hospital and booking her in to be spayed..it will cost a little more than normal compared to a kitten not in heat.

PS, my female kitten went into her first heat season at 5 months!

Edited to say: your female kitten will eat less!!! not more

Separated!!

Mine meowed pitifully the first time she went into heat. Constant 'I'm horrrrnnnny' throughout the whole apartment.

AOS

-

Timeline

No, no signs of heat yet (thank God). I think I'll call tomorrow and get an appointment anyways.

Possible touchy subject: has anyone heard of getting a vasectomy instead of neutering a male cat? My husband can't bear the thought that his little boy would never be able to have sex...

Carolyn and Simo

rPXNm5.png

I think you'd still have the problem with spraying and aggression. I've never heard of a vasectomy for cats. But I wouldn't worry about the cat missing its sex life; cats are great, but they pretty much have brains the size of walnuts. :)

AOS

-

Timeline

Not mine!! :lol:

Carolyn and Simo

rPXNm5.png

Maybe yours got the brain mine didn't. She's been fighting a paper bag for an hour. I think the bag is winning.

AOS

-

No, no signs of heat yet (thank God). I think I'll call tomorrow and get an appointment anyways.

Possible touchy subject: has anyone heard of getting a vasectomy instead of neutering a male cat? My husband can't bear the thought that his little boy would never be able to have sex...

One of the main reasons for neutering is to reduce many anti-social behaviours including straying, fighting, aggressive behavior, peeing in the house, and spraying in the house. It also reduces the likelihood of unwanted kittens, or adding to colonies. The cat does not suffer for not being able to indulge with the lady cats so its not cruel. Yes your cat may be in a little pain after having his bits removed, but he will be fine in a day or two and its a very responsible thing to do as a cat owner. If your cat stays indoors and cannot come into contact with a female then of course you can consider not neutering, but be aware that anti-social behaviour may occur as the cat reaches maturity.

Timeline

Ok, your husbands little boy as he puts it wont have a vasectomy :lol: basically his little boy will ummmmmmmmmmmm have his umm nutz removed :whistle: hope your hubby isnt reading this :lol: dont want him getting all worried and such .....hahahaha....but anways thats what happens when a male kitten gets neutered!

Separated!!

Timeline

I read somewhere on the internet that cat vasectomies are common in Europe...is that just some sort of internet legend or a reality?

Admittedly I haven't really done my research yet...

Carolyn and Simo

rPXNm5.png