Tackcan

Packet 3 email

10 posts in this topic

Timeline

Sorry if I missed this but when you submit your Packet 3 email to the consulate do you just need to send the checklist page or do you need to provide copies of all the documents you needed to gather?  It wasn't clear and if you don't need to provide the documents in the email then I assume that since the interview scheduling wait times (Especially in Canada) are longer then you can get the Packet 3 submitted while you gather your documents up? 

Thanks

Shawn

1 hour ago, Tackcan said:

Sorry if I missed this but when you submit your Packet 3 email to the consulate do you just need to send the checklist page or do you need to provide copies of all the documents you needed to gather?  It wasn't clear and if you don't need to provide the documents in the email then I assume that since the interview scheduling wait times (Especially in Canada) are longer then you can get the Packet 3 submitted while you gather your documents up? 

Thanks

Shawn

Check the Canada regional forum for specific questions regarding Montreal 

47 minutes ago, Tackcan said:

Sorry I didn't know Packet 3 was Canadian specific, I figured it would be the same for all countries.

Nope.  Some consulates don't use the "packet" system anymore and post everything online and make the process 100% applicant driven while others are very structured and control the process very tightly..

Some consulates want document submitted before the interview others want it everything hand carried and presented day off.  

Your best resources are your fellow Canadians.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Tackcan said:

Thanks

Shawn

Read the first page very carefully..

> send us the following documents by e-mail:
It goes on to list 1. Ds-160 confirmation page, 2. Scanned copy of the checklist below, 3. Colour-Scanned copy of the beneficiaries valid passport bio page.

That's what you send them. The three things it lists for you to send. Many recommend filling out the checklist, a check mark for what you have/will have, and an N/A for things that dont apply. 

You do NOT need to send everything on the checklist nor would that benefit you at all, just send what it asks you to send on the first page! 

Make sure you have a long form birth certificate and the right police report. Those are very specific and one of the MAIN 221g's ive seen at the consulates are due to not having the right ones. 

Edited by MissLadyRea

Timeline
8 hours ago, MissLadyRea said:

Read the first page very carefully..

> send us the following documents by e-mail:
It goes on to list 1. Ds-160 confirmation page, 2. Scanned copy of the checklist below, 3. Colour-Scanned copy of the beneficiaries valid passport bio page.

That's what you send them. The three things it lists for you to send. Many recommend filling out the checklist, a check mark for what you have/will have, and an N/A for things that dont apply. 

You do NOT need to send everything on the checklist nor would that benefit you at all, just send what it asks you to send on the first page! 

Make sure you have a long form birth certificate and the right police report. Those are very specific and one of the MAIN 221g's ive seen at the consulates are due to not having the right ones. 

Yeah I re-read that page a number of times but one thing I learned is that this whole process is riddled with subjects to interpretation and when the consulate website itself is built on WordPress and has dead links, I get a little skittish about slowing my already 18 month process down.  That said, I've seen enough confirmation that it's just the checklist I need to send so that is what I did.  Also to your point the long form birth certificate and correct police report recommendations you made I have also found to be an issue that I might have overlooked however those 2 things are already in process for me.  Here is hoping thing go smooth.

Cheers

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Tackcan said:

Yeah I re-read that page a number of times but one thing I learned is that this whole process is riddled with subjects to interpretation and when the consulate website itself is built on WordPress and has dead links, I get a little skittish about slowing my already 18 month process down.  That said, I've seen enough confirmation that it's just the checklist I need to send so that is what I did.  Also to your point the long form birth certificate and correct police report recommendations you made I have also found to be an issue that I might have overlooked however those 2 things are already in process for me.  Here is hoping thing go smooth.

Cheers

If by just the checklist you mean with the ds+160, passport bio page, and checklist then yes.

Good luck

Timeline
1 minute ago, MissLadyRea said:

If by just the checklist you mean with the ds+160, passport bio page, and checklist then yes.

Good luck

yup and a day later I got my packet 4 so I'm thinking they liked it.  Thanks again for your input. Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.