SmPP

Brussels Embassy - Interview time

60 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, Benny1337 said:

Got this email just now.. never asked for an expedited process, got DQ’d in Feb 22, 2024.. I’m kinda speechless

IMG_8120.jpeg

We just got the same! DQed Nov 7!

Timeline
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Benny1337 said:

Got this email just now.. never asked for an expedited process, got DQ’d in Feb 22, 2024.. I’m kinda speechless

IMG_8120.jpeg

This is exactly what happened to everyone DQ'd in September and possibly October! NVC is doing the Brussels Embassy's work lol 

I'm glad everything is moving along for everyone.

19 minutes ago, Schsoe said:

I think we all heard from them today. We are Dec 04! Great news for all! But probably just another queue now. 🙄 😆

We received the IL about a day or so after the expedited email so things will move fast if it follows that patterns.

My advice is to get your medical booked in right now so you do not have to wait long for your medicals especially if the Interview date is way before the next available medical date. 

Good luck everyone! 🤩

Final update about my case: 

I received my passport back 2 working days after my interview. Visa is in hand! Can't believe this whole thing is over. 

Edited by SmPP

Timeline
10 minutes ago, homebound_24 said:

Has anyone heard anything since Wednesday? Maybe I am too impatient 😂

I haven't, I was hoping for something today but I assume we'll get some more news next week.. well, I hope so at least.

Edited by Benny1337

8 minutes ago, Benny1337 said:

Well I still haven’t had any news.. I hope the rest of you have had more luck 😅

Hi! We got our interview letter yesterday for a day in April. But it's a date we cannot go, so we emailed them asking to change it. No response as of yet. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Benny1337 said:

Well I still haven’t had any news.. I hope the rest of you have had more luck 😅

We got our IL on Monday for April 10th. You’ll probably hear something soon. 

Timeline

Little update: I had my medical exam earlier today.

Do keep in mind that the receptionists of the medical center only speak French (at least the ones I had to talk to) and as my French isn’t perfect, there was a language barrier, so be prepared for this.

(Honestly, the embassy should have a doctor in Antwerp again as they did before..) 

My actual exam was with Dr. Hermand, and went pretty smoothly.

The only thing I still had to get was an extra covid booster shot, as apparently they require it to be less than one year ago.

As she did not have any covid shots available, I’ll have to send her proof of when I get it, and she’ll complete the medical report and send it to the embassy, which takes approximately a week.

P.s. If you’ve got a medical scheduled for after your interview, keep checking the Visa Meiser website, I managed to get an appointment a lot sooner than my original date, as someone cancelled.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Benny1337 said:

Little update: I had my medical exam earlier today.

Do keep in mind that the receptionists of the medical center only speak French (at least the ones I had to talk to) and as my French isn’t perfect, there was a language barrier, so be prepared for this.

(Honestly, the embassy should have a doctor in Antwerp again as they did before..) 

My actual exam was with Dr. Hermand, and went pretty smoothly.

The only thing I still had to get was an extra covid booster shot, as apparently they require it to be less than one year ago.

As she did not have any covid shots available, I’ll have to send her proof of when I get it, and she’ll complete the medical report and send it to the embassy, which takes approximately a week.

P.s. If you’ve got a medical scheduled for after your interview, keep checking the Visa Meiser website, I managed to get an appointment a lot sooner than my original date, as someone cancelled.

It was the same for my husband. Will let you know if it causes any bumps on Wednesday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.