~Jackie~

Tuesday in MENA

88 posts in this topic

It's gotten really bad in the last 6 months or so too. With all these forclosures on homes, everyone is moving into rentals! The rental market is out of control and there are hardly any areas around here with rent control. You can't even get a studio apartment here for $615!!!!

Yeah you have it kinda rough in Cali with the high prices for rent. Where I live (decent middle class neighborhood) I pay $615 a month for a nice sized 2 bedroom apt. (huge kitchen, huge master bed with walk in closet). Plus we have our own basement with our own washer and dryer (not the normal "cage" basements you find in apts.).
I want a new bedroom set and mattress set! Mine's like 11 yrs old now and looking shabby.

I just want a place to put it all! We can't find a place to live!!!! :crying::crying::crying::crying: And I can't bring myself to pay 2K a month for an apartment that doesn't even have a freaking washer/dryer inside the unit!!!!!

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Shorba basically means "soup" in Arabic so yeah Egyptians eat shorba but prolly not the same kind as Moroccans. My favorite is shorbat el ads (lentil soup).

I'm hungry :(

ME too after reading about Doodles sandwich!

Going to warm up my shorba. Any of you from countries other than morocco have shorba before?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello everyone....work work work today...on lunch break now...and attempting to keep my positive outlook :) Despite the long wait ahead of me to be reunited w/my love...

anyways, going out w/some of the girls after work woohoo :dance:

I hope everyone is having a great day....

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our brand new red sectional was delivered yesterday. We had been shopping for something special and so glad he talked me into choosing the red fabric, I just love it. It actually reminds me a bit of the Moroccan furniture I saw when in Morocco.

It took him quite a few months to find the barber he really likes and he does do a good job. He even had me try shaving it close a few times but made me too nervous. Now his hair is a bit long but it is about time for him to be leaving for Morocco so he may have it cut there this time.

We are going to "our" first kind of rock concert tomorrow night. We are seeing Chris Daughtry or Daughtry. We are taking the day off and hoping to enjoy the night.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Yeah you have it kinda rough in Cali with the high prices for rent. Where I live (decent middle class neighborhood) I pay $615 a month for a nice sized 2 bedroom apt. (huge kitchen, huge master bed with walk in closet). Plus we have our own basement with our own washer and dryer (not the normal "cage" basements you find in apts.).
I want a new bedroom set and mattress set! Mine's like 11 yrs old now and looking shabby.

I just want a place to put it all! We can't find a place to live!!!! :crying::crying::crying::crying: And I can't bring myself to pay 2K a month for an apartment that doesn't even have a freaking washer/dryer inside the unit!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: $615??!! I think I'm moving to where YOU Live!!!!!

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Small silly thing that just put a huge smile on my face :star:

My bridal shower is on Sept 2, and the invites went out last Thursday. I just too a peek at my registry :devil: and I can see which gifts have been purchased :devil::innocent:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well,,,hot water heater is fixed, grass is still growing and I am doing laundry by myself now :blush:

Whats ya'll doin today?

Jackie (F)

2am and I am still awake :blink:

Hope you got some sleep - I couldnt sleep at 2 am too - perhaps too much caffeine for me :blink:

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

LOL I could be worse! If I go to Macy's they will tell who bought them too! :devil::devil::devil:

Hey does anyone know where I can buy some cheap galabias? I just bough 80 bellydance hipscarves from this guy in Egypt on Ebay and he gave me a really good deal but he didnt have any galabias.

Bad girl! :devil: That's cheating! :D

My bridal shower is on Sept 2, and the invites went out last Thursday. I just too a peek at my registry :devil: and I can see which gifts have been purchased :devil::innocent:

Haha! It's actually a very nice area. It's a northeastern suburb of Detroit. Rent in Southeast Michigan generally varies between $500 and $800 a month. Our apt. complex kinda reminds me of the apts in Melrose Place with the pool in the middle of the complex. It's family owned and maintained. Honestly, it's THE nicest apt. I've ever lived in.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: $615??!! I think I'm moving to where YOU Live!!!!!

What kind of galabiyas are you looking for and how soon do you need them?

LOL I could be worse! If I go to Macy's they will tell who bought them too! :devil::devil::devil:

Hey does anyone know where I can buy some cheap galabias? I just bough 80 bellydance hipscarves from this guy in Egypt on Ebay and he gave me a really good deal but he didnt have any galabias.

Bad girl! :devil: That's cheating! :D

Timeline

omg $615 that is sooo cheap!!!!!! I have often thought of selling my home and using the profit as the kids' tuition and just renting but I can't find anything less than $3,000 where I am for a 3 bedroom that is halfway decent! And that is more than I pay for my mortgage so I guess I'll stay put.

$5,500 for all that furniture is a good deal!!!! Have you thought of moving away from Cali or at least in a cheaper part of it? It's a huge state and there are parts that are cheaper than others, right? I know my brother used to live there ages ago and he rented a house for real cheap but it was in the boonies somewhere. He's a wicked hippie so it probably didnt' even have indoor plumbing knowing him. lol.

OMG will this day ever end???!?!?!?!?! :wacko:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
omg $615 that is sooo cheap!!!!!! I have often thought of selling my home and using the profit as the kids' tuition and just renting but I can't find anything less than $3,000 where I am for a 3 bedroom that is halfway decent! And that is more than I pay for my mortgage so I guess I'll stay put.

$5,500 for all that furniture is a good deal!!!! Have you thought of moving away from Cali or at least in a cheaper part of it? It's a huge state and there are parts that are cheaper than others, right? I know my brother used to live there ages ago and he rented a house for real cheap but it was in the boonies somewhere. He's a wicked hippie so it probably didnt' even have indoor plumbing knowing him. lol.

OMG will this day ever end???!?!?!?!?! :wacko:

nope this day is dragging ONnnnnnnn and Onnnnn and ONnn

It way too hot to cook.. and I am starving... :blink: I'm gonna try and get take out from this Vegan Asian place "Grasshopper".. lets see how this goes with the hubby :whistle::whistle::whistle:

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.