Legend of Summer

File Another Petition?

72 posts in this topic

a little update: 

Just received NOIR from USCIS.

However, my caseworker said they were unable to assist any further until I received a response from USCIS after submitting all the requirements for NOIR. 

Anyone knows how long does it take for USCIS to review the documentation for NOIR? Can anyone in the same situation share some information?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Legend of Summer said:

a little update: 

Just received NOIR from USCIS.

However, my caseworker said they were unable to assist any further until I received a response from USCIS after submitting all the requirements for NOIR. 

Anyone knows how long does it take for USCIS to review the documentation for NOIR? Can anyone in the same situation share some information?

What was the issues from the consulate on the NOIR if you dont mind sharing?

Just now, Dataunavailable said:

What was the issues from the consulate on the NOIR if you dont mind sharing?

No strong evidence for a bona fide marriage. They started our text message containing too many emojis and not showing enough relationships, apple watch as a birthday gift didn't match each other since my wife said I gave her nothing for her birthday. My dad has asthma but my wife said he doesn't have any major health condition.  Some of the questions we got it "wrong" during the parallel interview, they didn't even ask my wife but stated we said different things. 

Now time for my lawyer to do the work. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Legend of Summer said:

No strong evidence for a bona fide marriage. They started our text message containing too many emojis and not showing enough relationships, apple watch as a birthday gift didn't match each other since my wife said I gave her nothing for her birthday. My dad has asthma but my wife said he doesn't have any major health condition.  Some of the questions we got it "wrong" during the parallel interview, they didn't even ask my wife but stated we said different things. 

Now time for my lawyer to do the work. 

Doesn't sound too troublesome in all honesty if that was their biggest concerns. Should be fixable and hopefully the lawyer just pushes for visa issuance, but they could do another interview. But good luck, waiting sucks, but soon enough you'll be together. 

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know what this means? Thanks!

Case Approval Was Reaffirmed And Mailed Back To Department Of State

On December 19, 2023, the Department of State returned your case, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxx, to us for further review and we mailed you a notice affirming our original approval. Please contact the Department of State directly for any further information on your case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Legend of Summer said:

Does anyone know what this means? Thanks!

Case Approval Was Reaffirmed And Mailed Back To Department Of State

On December 19, 2023, the Department of State returned your case, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxxx, to us for further review and we mailed you a notice affirming our original approval. Please contact the Department of State directly for any further information on your case.

It means the case was sent back to NVC to continue processing again.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

It means the case was sent back to NVC to continue processing again.

really? The 2nd part of the paragraph sounds like NVC is rejecting it "On December 19, 2023, the Department of State returned your case".

If it's sent to NVC, then that's wonderful news. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Legend of Summer said:

really? The 2nd part of the paragraph sounds like NVC is rejecting it "On December 19, 2023, the Department of State returned your case".

If it's sent to NVC, then that's wonderful news. 

It says "Case Approval Was Reaffirmed And Mailed Back To Department Of State"  DOS is NVC.  It also indicates that DOS has the case.  I think you are OK for now.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

It says "Case Approval Was Reaffirmed And Mailed Back To Department Of State"  DOS is NVC.  It also indicates that DOS has the case.  I think you are OK for now.

I understand DOS and NVC are the same. 

I'm stating "The Department of State returned your case", it sounds like a reject. That's why I'm confused about the wording. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Legend of Summer said:

I understand DOS and NVC are the same. 

I'm stating "The Department of State returned your case", it sounds like a reject. That's why I'm confused about the wording. 

That is talking about the initial NOID.  You are failing to see the rest of the statement which says "and we mailed you a notice affirming our original approval. Please contact the Department of State directly for any further information on your case."  It is clear that DOS has your case now...not USCIS.

Edited by Crazy Cat

Timeline

I suspect your status will change to "At NVC". 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Legend of Summer said:

back to schedule an interview with the consulate/embassy? the same procedure as the first time as far as the interview goes?

You should be getting notification  from the embassy sometime soon about what they want to do, issue a visa or do another interview. It's good news though. 

Just follow whatever notifications NVC sends. 

Edited by Dataunavailable

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Legend of Summer said:

thanks. hopefully, enough pieces of evidence for them to issue a visa. 

When was the medical exam done?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.