nickachu

K1 Sweden Medical

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My visa is in transit to the Stockholm embassy, the doctor in Stockholm doesn't do K1 visas apparentely, the one in Göteborg is closing according to an email I got from them and the new one from October doesn't have any information on their site, nor the State dept website. Anyone else who's done the medical in Sweden for the K1 have any information/help? Was it easier to go to Oslo or Copenhagen?

Thanks

Timeline

I booked at vasakliniken, they asked if I had been recommended from the embassy, so I booked my appointment there, the earliest I had was november 8th, so a month and a half away, but it's in time for the interview on the 20th. I assume the state.gov site will update come october at least. Or I hope so. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I emailed the support-sweden@ustraveldocs and asked them about the gbg clinic and this was the response I got

"Dear Sir,

The information has not yet been updated. You may also complete medical in Oslo or Copenhagen or wait until, the information is provided. You may attend your appointment without medical results.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit"

Which has to be a joke right? How can they not know any information. 

What information do they mean? Can i ask if your case says ready from the CEAC status check? Because if so they should have your case file at the embassy. And also a week after your case is ready usually they give you a letter informing you what you need to bring to the interview and hopefully an adress for the medical. I have not yet gotten my case ready so I dont know myself; but I have watched a lot of youtube videos about K1 Visa

Also I have a question for you, for the photos you need to bring to the interview of yourself, did you take photos at a studio or do you think they accept photo booth photos? I've seen a photo booth called speed photo that does VISA photos, do you think it would be accepted?🤔

Timeline

I'm ready. I have an interview booked november 20th. They just direct you to the state.gov website in the information from the embassy. So I want to be certain about the medical as it has to be one that they have approved. So if this one is not ok I'll have to go to Oslo or Copenhagen, which from the north of sweden is a massive expense. 

I did my photos already, I just used a photobooth and chose visa sized. No need to go to a studio or anything, it's just like a passport/driving license photo.

Yes I know its crazy...thank you for the answer.

The clinic in Gothenburg is approved , so there shouldn't be a problem with booking there.

I read the Oslo clinic website but for some reason the US is not listed as one of the countries they do medical exams for, so that's strange. But the Gothenburg website seems legit and since the Embassy website approves them I think its OK. 

Okay great! Thank you so much for updating. I wonder, did the clinic request something specific for you? And also, in regards to vaccines, I have lost the documents I received as a child when i got the vaccines in Sweden. Do you know if they will give you vaccines there or no? :) Good luck to you, hope everything goes smooth and well

Timeline

They have updated the state.gov website now too, so that's good. 

The clinic asks for 2 passport photos in american sized 

The letter from the embassy

And vaccination records. 

I am not Swedish, so I got my vaccinations in the UK, I had to contact the NHS and get print outs of the vaccinations from there and they were able to help me, maybe contact the Swedish health service to see if they can find the evidence of yours? The only one I needed was the Hepatitis one and I got my 2 doses in during the summer. I think they'll give vaccinations that you need at the appointment but it'll cost more. it's probably cheaper to try to schedule the ones you don't have befhore the appointment. 

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.