zinger143

fraudulent marriage

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

I applied for a finance visa, got my fiancée up here, we got married, but then he had to leave before we could file any of our paperwork. So I started to do an I-130 until I finally realized he was using me and a variety of other complicated details. I was lucky that we never filed for any type of residency or continued with the process. So I filed for (and received)an annulment and contacted the immigration department to let them know the marriage was fraudulent.

We do have a child together but I paternity was never established so he has nothing to try and get in on a visa through my child or through me, but he is threatening to get a work visa and enter the country. Due to another situation we also didn't get married within the 90 days, it was about 20 days longer, so not only did he extend his stay, but then he has a fraudulent marriage against him. My question is, would he still be able to enter our country or do you think they would deny him based upon his previous behavior and experiences?

I found out he was a very shady person with a lot of secrets and I really don't feel safe knowing he might be able to get back into our country and come after my child. I've tried to contact the immigration but they always take my name and info and say a lead detective or caseworker will be calling me as soon as their available. I understand our country has a lot more dangerous threats than my ex, but I feel very uneasy not being sure if he would or would not be able to get another visa.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Zinger, sorry about your case...Since are u legally married to him i guess he can still re enter the US untill you file a for divorce and everything but i still belive that he has entered and entered i guess there is nothing you can do to remove him out of the country unless...............I dont know, maybe you should re-post the thread where people can see it and give you some good idea.

Best of luck.

Met online

Filed for K1--> Denied 2005

-------------------------------------------

Married and filed for K3 2006

Got K3 this time --->August 2007

Entered the US-----> September 2007

Waiting to Adjust Status--->..............

***Live Like You Are Going To Die Tomorrow,

Dream Like You Are Going To Live Forever!***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He is a Bolivian Naional I take it.

Does he have a B2 Visa, if so he could try and use it but his overstay should be picked up.

His chances of a work visa are minimal, what qualifications does he have, he would need at least a degree.

He could of course just fly to Mexico and walk in.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

She clearly stated, she got an annullment, Based on her statments she never finished her I130. She also informed USCIS about this guy. I don't see how this guy can come into this country.

Zinger, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. He is just trying to threaten you, don't fall for it. Legally married people are having tough time getting visas, he is not going to get one unless you provide him with paper work. So, in other words I wouldn't worry too much about him unless if you think he can jump the border from Mexico, then thats a different case.

If you still feel scared, talk to your local authorities. Good luck, :thumbs:

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Chennai, India

2007-02-25 : Marriage

2007-03-14 : I-130 Sent

2007-03-18 : I-130 Transferred to CSC

2007-03-31 : I-130 NOA 1 (Recieved in mail)

2007-08-23 : I-130 NOA 2 (Recived email from CRIS)

I129F

2007-04-02 : I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-04-09 : I-129F NOA 1

2007-04-25 : I-129F Touched I129 transferred to CSC

2007-05-21 : I-129F Touched I129 Recieved at CSC

2007-08-23 : I-129F NOA 2 (Approved, recieved email from CRIS)

2007-09-24 : I-129F Recieved at NVC and Case Number assigned.

2007-09-26 : I-129F Left NVC and on its way to Chennai.

2007-10-05 : Chennai Embassy Recieved our Case

2007-11-01 : Interview date, K3 Visa issued with absolutely no questions.

2007-11-11 : POE JFK took less than half hour

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.