Don0

Uscis account number

11 posts in this topic

Hi! Starting my application even with my i751 pending because they are just taking too long. 😔

So now, I need help. On the n400 application, it stated that I need a USCIS account number. I can't find one on my uscis account page. (Or did I look in the right place?)

Anyways, I have filed my i751 through mail and when searching online, it said I should have received a mail that states my uscis account number which I can't find anywhere on the couple mails they sent (24 month and 48 month extension letters). 

Anyone have any idea where to find it? Thank you VJ community!

46 minutes ago, OldUser said:

You can create a new account if you need it.

If it's asking for alien number, that's number on your Green Card.

Hi! I already have an account with my current i751 in it. That is the same account I'm planning to apply the n400 in. It says I should see my USCIS number on "Profile" but there is no such option..

I have figured out the A number. Thank you. 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
12 hours ago, Don0 said:

Hi! I already have an account with my current i751 in it. That is the same account I'm planning to apply the n400 in. It says I should see my USCIS number on "Profile" but there is no such option..

I have figured out the A number. Thank you. 😊

From what I understand you only receive a USCIS account number number if you file a petition online - and I don't think the i-751 is even possible to file online, only via mail. So therefore you likely don't have an account number yet. Once you file your N-400 online you will be given a number by USCIS, it will be on the acceptance letter (NOA1). 

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

3 hours ago, Scandi said:

From what I understand you only receive a USCIS account number number if you file a petition online - and I don't think the i-751 is even possible to file online, only via mail. So therefore you likely don't have an account number yet. Once you file your N-400 online you will be given a number by USCIS, it will be on the acceptance letter (NOA1). 

Yeah, the i751 is paper filing only. So I just state that I don't have a uscis number then? Even if I do have an online account? 

11 minutes ago, Don0 said:

Yeah, the i751 is paper filing only. So I just state that I don't have a uscis number then? Even if I do have an online account? 

USCIS number is the same as alien number. It's printed on your GC.

USCIS number is not the same as USCIS online account.

Edited by OldUser

4 hours ago, OldUser said:

USCIS number is the same as alien number. It's printed on your GC.

USCIS number is not the same as USCIS online account.

Oh sorry. Missed the uscis ACCOUNT number or the uscis online account number. That is what I'm not sure if I have.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Don0 said:

Oh sorry. Missed the uscis ACCOUNT number or the uscis online account number. That is what I'm not sure if I have.

Like I said in my previous comment (you're welcome to go back and read it again), you have an online account number if you have filed a petition ONLINE before. Only you know if you did or not. The i-751 was not filed online at least. 

Edited by Scandi

2 hours ago, Scandi said:

Like I said in my previous comment (you're welcome to go back and read it again), you have an online account number if you have filed a petition ONLINE before. Only you know if you did or not. The i-751 was not filed online at least. 

Yep, I understand you clearly and thank you for the help. Wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything as from reading on some topics, it states that even with paper filing (which I did with my i751), USCIS sends a notification about online account access. If that is not a thing anymore then great, 'cause I really did not receive any notice from them. Nor is it on any of my notices. Lol

Anyways, thanks for the help.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Don0 said:

Yep, I understand you clearly and thank you for the help. Wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything as from reading on some topics, it states that even with paper filing (which I did with my i751), USCIS sends a notification about online account access. If that is not a thing anymore then great, 'cause I really did not receive any notice from them. Nor is it on any of my notices. Lol

Anyways, thanks for the help.

When you choose to file your N-400 via mail (which you can, but I don't recommend it) you later on receive a letter explaining how to set up an account and get a login code etc, which is what you have read about. If you file your N-400 online you don't get a letter like that since filing requires you to create an account on your own if you don't already have one. Once you file online, an account number will be generated (ie you don't have one before filing) and you will find it on your acceptance letter (found under the documents tab in your online account). 

3 minutes ago, Scandi said:

When you choose to file your N-400 via mail (which you can, but I don't recommend it) you later on receive a letter explaining how to set up an account and get a login code etc, which is what you have read about. If you file your N-400 online you don't get a letter like that since filing requires you to create an account on your own if you don't already have one. Once you file online, an account number will be generated (ie you don't have one before filing) and you will find it on your acceptance letter (found under the documents tab in your online account). 

Got it! Thank you for clarifying that. 👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.