ct38956

N-400 September 2023 Filers

469 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
16 hours ago, A.DUBAI said:

I had my N-400 interview yesterday, here is how it went down:

The officer put me under oath before I sat down, asked for my green card and ID, and started asking the civics question, I got the first 7 correctly, so he moved to the next part and asked me to read the sentence "who was George Washington?" on the tablet, then asked me to write "George Washington was the first president". After that, he started reading the questions from my application, and everything went smoothly until we hit the question about being arrested or cited before, I mentioned in the application that I got 2 speeding tickets back in 2019 and they were both dismissed by the court (lawyer fees were $3000 in 2019 as I have a commercial driver's license) and I offered to show the dismissal and he was interested in these documents, after that he had me sign twice on the information I provided under oath and he gave me my documents back. Then he stood up and said follow me, I did, and he walked me to a waiting room and asked me to wait until I was called, I said how did I do, he smiled and said you passed, congratulations. I shook his hands and thanked him. worth mentioning that I broke the ice with him since he called my name and picked me up to go for the interview, I had a little conversation to show him I am fluent in English, and he was annoyed by the work overload so I touched on that and even said that the Gov. agency I work for is hiring and we had a laugh about that, and during the interview, his colleague came to the room with big files of more work and he was annoyed so I showed sympathy and tried to be friendly, he was a cool black guy, and he pretty much understood that I am fluent and educated so it was a chill interview. My interview was at 8 AM I showed up at 7:30 but the security said to go and come back by 7:45, the interview started around 8:20 and I was done at 8:50 AM.

In the waiting area, there were a bunch of other people waiting so I waited and I was called after less than 5 minutes. The guy saw the pin with my agency logo that I had on my suit and said "Oh you work for this agency, I tried to work there but I got this job at the same time so I picked this one since the other one was dealing with the general public and was difficult, so he was very nice, we chatted for like 3 minutes, then he congratulated me and asked me to come back at 2 PM after he stuck a sticker with a code on my Green Card, I said come back TODAY!!?? He said yes today for your ceremony .... !!!! I came back, got in surrendered my green card, and got my Naturalization certificate the same day, received 2 packets: the white USCIS envelope, and a yellow manila envelope with a message from President Joe Biden. And an American flag that I used during the ceremony. 

I wish you all the best of luck, and remember you are allowed at least 1 guest for the ceremony so bring someone who knows how to take pictures, if not, ask someone to take your picture, I took a smoking hot Latina with me that almost caused an accident when she walked across the parking lot towards the USCIS office to meet me at the waiting line. GOOD LUCK Y'ALL .... Relax and Enjoy that day and say goodbye to the anxiety and waiting. 

lol your story got ‘hot latinas’ and ‘cool black guys’, you’ve gone native already

3 hours ago, chinchinchu said:

Interview has been scheduled, does anyone know how the estimated time changed from 3 to 6 months? Has anyone had the same issue?

image.png.4f7b133871653bbd8be4cf2d9442997b.png

I know the reason...

Because none of these estimates are accurate. They're just random numbers I wouldn't pay attention to.

Did you have any accurate processing times estimates throughout immigration journey? I didn't.

Edited by OldUser

September 11, 2023 - N-400 received (paper)

September 15, 2023 - Biometrics scheduled 

October 3, 2023 - Biometrics completed 

December 27, 2023 - Interview scheduled 

February 1, 2024 - Interview and Approved

February 2, 2024 - Oath notice mailed

March 1, 2024 - Oath Ceremony 

Interview went very quickly. Swore in, finger printed, 6 civic questions then the reading/writing. We went over my information as it would appear on the certificate. The yes/no questions. Only document that was requested was passport and green card. Field office: Hartford, CT

2 hours ago, scania said:

For those that went for the interview, What did you guys bring ?

I brought everything I could but the officer asked to provide only my ID, Green Card, Passport and the invitation letter.

A lot of people are being asked to provide tax transcripts, so I'd recommend bringing them

27 minutes ago, LEXUSdRIVER2908 said:

Got my interview schedule today me and my mom she filed in November San Antonio field I’m in Houston. 

you will be just fine inn sha Allah. So happy to hear that you finally have your Interview date scheduled.

Had my interview 7:30am this morning in SF.

everything went well and took my oath at same day at 11am. No guests were allowed in.

24 minutes ago, mark08 said:

Finally got my Oath Ceremony scheduled today. The Oath will be on 3/7/2024 on Long Island. 

Had my interview 12/13/2023 and got approved on the spot, but kept waiting for the oath to be scheduled.

Good luck to everyone who's still in the process!

awesome good job done Mark

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.