Nilaga

Difficulty in getting a slot for an interview in the Philippine Embassy.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I'm in a dilemma and could really use some guidance. So, my family and I are almost ready for our F3 visas. We've got everything sorted out, except for one - the embassy interview.

Our medical exams are about to expire in just a month, and we've been diligently checking the visa appointment portal for two whole months. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to find any available interview dates. I'm in the F3 visa category, and to be honest, I'm getting pretty worried. We're trying our best to follow all the rules, but this waiting game is causing a lot of stress.

If anyone here has experience with expediting the embassy interview appointment process for F3 visas or has been in a similar situation, I would greatly appreciate your advice. Time is running out, and we could really use some help to make this process smoother. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to read this. Ask anything if you need more information. Your input could make a huge difference for my family and me during this stressful period! 🙏

P.S. We actually had an interview appointment scheduled before we even took the medical exam. But the doctors said that we have to cancel the interview appointment in the embassy until we receive the results of the medical because they saw something in my X-ray, and so we did. Now we have the medical, but it's been months until we last saw an available booking for an interview.

Edited by Nilaga

• Nilaga changed the title to Difficulty in getting a slot for an interview in the Philippine Embassy.
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

did u need or receive treatment for what was found on the X ray?

by the time a new interview is scheduled,  probably a new medical will be needed 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I think she probably just have a sputum test for three days, but even if the result is s negative, the collected sputum will still be cultured. This is just my understanding. Once cleared they may now proceed to vaccination to complete the medical. If the NVC scheduled the medical when you are hit with this test then all you do is inform the embassy that you're okay with the medical then they reschedule your interview, however, if you are the one scheduling for the interview like many expedited applicants then you are to reschedule your interview. It's bad because it all would depend on if there are slots available. I just wish US Embassy will secure a slot for those who are undergoing medical set back like sputum testing to avoid redoing medical. Unless you have to undergo the six months treatment then there is nothing that you can do but redo your medical.

Nilaga, please check every two hours online for possible availability not just every day. And i am also hoping that by now you already sent a message to the embassy using the embassy's inquiry page.

Edited by nelmagriffin

Timeline
9 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

did u need or receive treatment for what was found on the X ray?

by the time a new interview is scheduled,  probably a new medical will be needed 

No, when they detected something in my X-ray, I had to undergo a sputum test, which they needed to culture for a month. If there were any complications in my medical results, I would have to recover first. However, if there were no issues, I could then schedule an appointment with the embassy. Fortunately, they found no problems in my X-ray.

Yes, I agree. However, I was hoping to learn about any alternative approaches to address my issue besides reaching out to the embassy and constantly checking the portal every two hours because I'm running out of time. Thanks JeanneAdil!

Timeline
1 hour ago, nelmagriffin said:

Hello,

I think she probably just have a sputum test for three days, but even if the result is s negative, the collected sputum will still be cultured. This is just my understanding. Once cleared they may now proceed to vaccination to complete the medical. If the NVC scheduled the medical when you are hit with this test then all you do is inform the embassy that you're okay with the medical then they reschedule your interview, however, if you are the one scheduling for the interview like many expedited applicants then you are to reschedule your interview. It's bad because it all would depend on if there are slots available. I just wish US Embassy will secure a slot for those who are undergoing medical set back like sputum testing to avoid redoing medical. Unless you have to undergo the six months treatment then there is nothing that you can do but redo your medical.

Nilaga, please check every two hours online for possible availability not just every day. And i am also hoping that by now you already sent a message to the embassy using the embassy's inquiry page.

Yes, exactly. It would be fairer and more efficient if the US Embassy could secure slots for individuals facing medical setbacks like sputum testing. Time was wasted for no significant reason, and there was no compensation for it. Instead, I was given only 3 months before the medical expires, rather than the full 6 months. I contacted the embassy and NVC and I'm waiting for their reply. Thank you nelmagriffin.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have you tried contacting the embassy directly via phone to ask about your particular situation?

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><    <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><  <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
Kawika & Michelle

Together since June 10th, 2020.

Cebu, Philippines to Katy, TX.

Facebook group for Filipinas & their partners who are living in or will be moving to Texas...

www.facebook.com/groups/texasfilipinacouples/

Timeline

Hell again,

I really hope that you can secure an appointment, as you still have a lot of things to do after the interview. you have to attend PDOS (pre departure seminar), flight booking .in a month's time has less choices and prices are high. Pray that everything will be okay.

Best regards, NG

On 9/7/2023 at 10:43 AM, nelmagriffin said:

Hell again,

I really hope that you can secure an appointment, as you still have a lot of things to do after the interview. you have to attend PDOS (pre departure seminar), flight booking .in a month's time has less choices and prices are high. Pray that everything will be okay.

Best regards, NG

Could you elaborate on the pre-departure seminar requirement? Thanks!

Timeline

Greetings!

So, after my brother got his visa last Sept. 11,2023, they secure a slot online for PDOS in Cebu City, the earliest one was Sept. 25,2023 which is from 9:30 am to 11:00 am, they choose the physical seminar and not the one online. So, I am not sure of how many slots are available online. They said that online is like a webinar using zoom.

They had to register first online, and prior to registering please make sure that you have an active email address as they will send you the confirmation prior to proceeding. It simply asks details about your petitioner, yourself information. It will ask you to download passport bio page, visa, Government issued ID. IT USED T OASK IMMIGRATION DATE SUMARRY, BUT SINCE IT IS DIGITAL, THEY KNOW THAT IT IS NOT GIVEN AT THE EMBASSY ANY LONGER. 

What i want you to call them is ask if they allow PDOS training in advance without the visa.so that way you can do it and just get the certificate when you visa is ready to save some time especially in your case. Ask them as counseling for they do not allow it any longer that without the visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.