MasterCarrot

Embassy Assigned to Us doesn't want to take us

93 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 9/14/2023 at 12:02 PM, MasterCarrot said:

We used the same email but they haven't responded this week yet...last week they would reply pretty quickly though maybe it's because of the upcoming holidays? Don't lose hope they will definitely take your case. Everything just seems to move at snail speed at the government level. 

I just called the Jerusalem Embassy and talked to an operator. I asked if she could confirm that consular staff are out on holiday and she said "why?" When I explained that their communication kind of dropped off recently, she just said that staff are not on holiday and that I need to wait for a reply. I don't know whether to have my wife send another transfer request from her own email, or whether that will upset them and they might just block us? 

Any update from your rep on the USCIS/Humanitarian parole front?

33 minutes ago, BenNomad said:

I just called the Jerusalem Embassy and talked to an operator. I asked if she could confirm that consular staff are out on holiday and she said "why?" When I explained that their communication kind of dropped off recently, she just said that staff are not on holiday and that I need to wait for a reply. I don't know whether to have my wife send another transfer request from her own email, or whether that will upset them and they might just block us? 

Any update from your rep on the USCIS/Humanitarian parole front?

Actually, we have received the news, just now that we can start trying to schedule an appointment in the Isreal embassy, they never replied to my confirmation and just transferred the case quietly, I am surprised because it usually takes at least a month to transfer but I think this might be the work of my congressman since his office has been very active in corresponding with us and helping us. 

I only realized they had started transferring our case by checking out the status on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx otherwise there were no updates or emails that they were transferring our case. There have been multiple people who weren't even asked to confirm and their case was just transferred by Jerusalem.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, MasterCarrot said:

Actually, we have received the news, just now that we can start trying to schedule an appointment in the Isreal embassy, they never replied to my confirmation and just transferred the case quietly, I am surprised because it usually takes at least a month to transfer but I think this might be the work of my congressman since his office has been very active in corresponding with us and helping us. 

I only realized they had started transferring our case by checking out the status on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx otherwise there were no updates or emails that they were transferring our case. There have been multiple people who weren't even asked to confirm and their case was just transferred by Jerusalem.

That's great to hear! It must be a relief to you despite the inconvenience and cost of having to travel there from SE Asia. I hope you're able to land an appointment soon. I do check the CEAC site regularly for updates.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.