RA_PH1

How close to schedule medical and interview with embassy?

9 posts in this topic

Hi All,

We got our NOA2 in 07/20/2023. I know we're not close to getting an interview scheduled for the embassy anytime soon, but wanted to prepare and be well informed before that time comes. I saw on the US Embassy Website for Manila that the Medical Exam has to be performed at a St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic (SLMCEC) that is located in Manila and the US Embassy where the interview is held also in Manila. On the Interview Check List for US Embassy in Manila it specifically states this "It is your responsibility to schedule a medical exam with St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic two weeks before your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy." Based off the wording if the visa interview is on August 30th, you should schedule no later for the medical exam on August 16th. 

I am wondering if anyone has gone against the guidelines and done it later? Scheduled medical less than 2 weeks from the interview date?

Thank You

11 hours ago, RA_PH1 said:

Scheduled medical less than 2 weeks from the interview date?

Less than 2 weeks is ok, just not too close to the interview.  I'd say 3 days before the interview should be the latest, if you really can't schedule it sooner.  The risk with having the medical too close to the interview is that SLEC might not send the medical report to the US embassy in time for the interview.  And USEM will not allow the applicant to interview if the completed medical is not already reported in their system.  As in, the applicant will be told to go home and re-schedule their interview if they show up at USEM before SLEC reports their medical as completed.

3 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Less than 2 weeks is ok, just not too close to the interview.  I'd say 3 days before the interview should be the latest, if you really can't schedule it sooner.  The risk with having the medical too close to the interview is that SLEC might not send the medical report to the US embassy in time for the interview.  And USEM will not allow the applicant to interview if the completed medical is not already reported in their system.  As in, the applicant will be told to go home and re-schedule their interview if they show up at USEM before SLEC reports their medical as completed.

Thank You! This is helpful. I did see that medical takes at least 2 days of testing. 

I have a follow up question on this. Did you get a packet for your medical to bring to the interview or was it sent to the embassy for you?

Medical: July 6/7 (Thursday/Friday)

Interview: July 11 (Tuesday)

Had no problems at all with only one complete working day between 2nd day of medical and the interview. 

All information is sent electronically - you do not carry anything physically to USEM from SLEC. 

Edited by An D

3 minutes ago, An D said:

Medical: July 6/7 (Thursday/Friday)

Interview: July 11 (Tuesday)

Had no problems at all with only one complete working day between 2nd day of medical and the interview. 

All information is sent electronically - you do not carry anything physically to USEM from SLEC. 

Awesome! This is great information. Thank You!

1 minute ago, RA_PH1 said:

Did you get a packet for your medical to bring to the interview or was it sent to the embassy for you?

SLEC will send the report directly to USEM.  SLEC also used to provide a copy of the vaccination worksheet to the applicant for their personal records.  No need to submit this personal copy to USEM.  SLEC may have stopped automatically giving copies during COVID time, but they will still provide it if the applicant asks.  I strongly recommend the applicant ask for it, especially for K1 cases, as the vaccination worksheet copy could save you from having to repeat the medical in the US.

16 minutes ago, Chancy said:

SLEC will send the report directly to USEM.  SLEC also used to provide a copy of the vaccination worksheet to the applicant for their personal records.  No need to submit this personal copy to USEM.  SLEC may have stopped automatically giving copies during COVID time, but they will still provide it if the applicant asks.  I strongly recommend the applicant ask for it, especially for K1 cases, as the vaccination worksheet copy could save you from having to repeat the medical in the US.

Got it, I will make a note of this in the personal checklist I have created. Thank You!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

same here. fiancee medical is august 31st. interview is on September 7.  1 week apart. last time we check for st lukes, lots of opening, but not so much for K1 inteviews. good luck!!!

Based  on reading  here, medical result is given to fiancee and carry it to the interview  but  some say st. lukes sends the result automatic. make sure to advice fiancee to ask.  

34 minutes ago, GinoNiña said:

same here. fiancee medical is august 31st. interview is on September 7.  1 week apart. last time we check for st lukes, lots of opening, but not so much for K1 inteviews. good luck!!!

Based  on reading  here, medical result is given to fiancee and carry it to the interview  but  some say st. lukes sends the result automatic. make sure to advice fiancee to ask.  

Understood, thank you for your input!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.