stringpuller

Hochi Minh Embassy Administrative Processing

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello members

I130 for wife of USC and still in administrative processing (no additional documents needed) 60 days after phone interview after wife's 221g appointment. They asked us questions for about 15-20 minutes. This was after we submitted the family tree documents they requested. 

Has anyone have any success story or any good news that they were successfully issued and received their visa after AP.  If so how long did it take? I need to hear some good news right now. 😄

Timeline
39 minutes ago, stringpuller said:

60 days after phone interview after wife's 221g appointment. They asked us questions for about 15-20 minutes. This was after we submitted the family tree documents they requested.

If they ask for family tree, then you just need to wait. Btw, how do you know each other?

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Liam2021 said:

If they ask for family tree, then you just need to wait. Btw, how do you know each other?

Thank you for rey.

She is my wife. We have no other ties through friends or family. The only tie is my dad was over there during the war. That is it. 

Edited by stringpuller

Timeline

I can't believe you are having issues with this.  You have been physically living with her in Vietnam for how long now?  Most people don't live with their petitioner in their home country.  A couple of visits, marriage, then go home and file paperwork.  Yet they question someone that has lived with their spouse througout the whole process?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Stein said:

I can't believe you are having issues with this.  You have been physically living with her in Vietnam for how long now?  Most people don't live with their petitioner in their home country.  A couple of visits, marriage, then go home and file paperwork.  Yet they question someone that has lived with their spouse througout the whole process?

No Stein sorry to confuse. I do not live there in Vietnam. 

I understand their suspicions but it is not warranted but they don't know that. They are just doing there jobs as officers. 

The family tree thing was a head scratcher. 

I will wait until the 90 day mark then contact again. I would think if we were a strait intend to reject then they would have done so. 

Our relationship is not rainbows and butterflies just like anyone else but its real lol

I wanted to post topic to see if anyone actually gets out of AP in Vietnam for spouse visas

Edited by stringpuller

Timeline
On 8/10/2023 at 2:11 PM, stringpuller said:

I understand their suspicions but it is not warranted but they don't know that. They are just doing there jobs as officers. 

The family tree thing was a head scratcher. 

I will wait until the 90 day mark then contact again. I would think if we were a strait intend to reject then they would have done so. 

Our relationship is not rainbows and butterflies just like anyone else but its real lol

I wanted to post topic to see if anyone actually gets out of AP in Vietnam for spouse visas

Family tree is pretty common for K1, but i don't see many for CR1/IR1.Actually, The outcome of the interview has been determine before the interview when COs go through the case. It can be COs has found something and want a family tree?. I don't think we need to worry too much since they not ask for any specific documents. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Liam2021 said:

Family tree is pretty common for K1, but i don't see many for CR1/IR1.Actually, The outcome of the interview has been determine before the interview when COs go through the case. It can be COs has found something and want a family tree?. I don't think we need to worry too much since they not ask for any specific documents. 

Are you in administrative processing too Liam? 

I think you are correct because my wife's original 1rst interview was less then 3 minutes long and was handed a 221g and they looked at nothing. 

I don't know how immigration got like this but it needs more checks and balances. IMO

Seems the majority are suffering with this just because of a few bad apples.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, stringpuller said:

Are you in administrative processing too Liam? 

I think you are correct because my wife's original 1rst interview was less then 3 minutes long and was handed a 221g and they looked at nothing. 

I don't know how immigration got like this but it needs more checks and balances. IMO

Seems the majority are suffering with this just because of a few bad apples.  

No, we're not in AP. It's a straight forward approve after a few questions. I'm notice that the blue/pink slip already stick on the top of the files while sitting behind my spouse. Before immigrate to USA, me and my spouse are best friend in high school, then become a couple when go to college in VN. I'm moved to USA with my family. After become US citizens, I'm back to VN to getting married, then CR1 visa, then done with USCIS on January of this year.

For this situation, I'm pretty sure it will resolve really quick.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Liam2021 said:

No, we're not in AP. It's a straight forward approve after a few questions. I'm notice that the blue/pink slip already stick on the top of the files while sitting behind my spouse. Before immigrate to USA, me and my spouse are best friend in high school, then become a couple when go to college in VN. I'm moved to USA with my family. After become US citizens, I'm back to VN to getting married, then CR1 visa, then done with USCIS on January of this year.

For this situation, I'm pretty sure it will resolve really quick.

Thanks for the positive words. I hope so too. 

Timeline
On 8/10/2023 at 2:11 PM, stringpuller said:

Oh, sorry, I confused you with another guy I talked with several years back when I was living in Vietnam waiting for my wife's visa.  He also lived there and was having issues getting his visa for her.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Stein said:

Oh, sorry, I confused you with another guy I talked with several years back when I was living in Vietnam waiting for my wife's visa.  He also lived there and was having issues getting his visa for her.

After going through this process that news is not surprising. Do you know if he eventually got out of AP? 

Sometimes I read its normal sometimes I read its not. 

Do they really send the file to other agencies for security checks? 

Timeline
On 8/15/2023 at 10:04 AM, stringpuller said:

After going through this process that news is not surprising. Do you know if he eventually got out of AP? 

Sometimes I read its normal sometimes I read its not. 

Do they really send the file to other agencies for security checks? 

I just checked his profile and they are in the US.

I don't know anything about sending the file to other agencies.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
13 hours ago, AlexSH said:

I've seen couples placed into AP and eventually got approved after months. So there's definitely hope for you guys. Just that it might take some time, which you can't do anything but wait. Good luck!

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.