BRIAN AND ISA

Travel after entering the U.S.?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My Finacee and I are hoping that her interview will be in October and we are planning a November wedding. We live in Ohio and I was thinking about having the ceremony in Florida so her mom could be there as well as some of my relatives. I wanted to take a cruise for the honeymoon but was not sure about travel restrictions once she is in the U.S. and also entering other "ports of call". Has anyone ever had experience with this or any type of problems we should look out for? Thanks!

Brian & Isa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

K-1 is a one time use visa, in order to travel out of the country, Advance parole is needed to be applied for with or after filing AOS.

Most cruses touch on foreign countries "Ports of Call", and require passports to travel and re-enter the USA.

K-1's are recommended to keep honeymoon travel domestic in nature.

FAQ: http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-enter.html#5.12

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Generally speaking cruises are a bad idea because re-entry to the states for someone who is here on K-1 status will be a problem

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

There is no way I would risk cruises.

1) Multiple non-US foreign ports of call.

2) Always risk of losing or getting documents stolen

3) Need Advance Parole approved or green card to be safer for re-entry

4) K1 is a one time deal for entry to get married. They won't let them back in without #4

Also, think of it this way. There are tons and tons of great places to go in the US and you may as well start exploring here first. If they have never been in the US even trips to Las Vegas, National Parks, Disneyland Orlando, the Florida Keys, San Francisco, NY, or any of these places would be fun and interesting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
There is no way I would risk cruises.

1) Multiple non-US foreign ports of call.

2) Always risk of losing or getting documents stolen

3) Need Advance Parole approved or green card to be safer for re-entry

4) K1 is a one time deal for entry to get married. They won't let them back in without #4

Also, think of it this way. There are tons and tons of great places to go in the US and you may as well start exploring here first. If they have never been in the US even trips to Las Vegas, National Parks, Disneyland Orlando, the Florida Keys, San Francisco, NY, or any of these places would be fun and interesting.

Great post. :thumbs: I feel the same, your new wife is moving to the USA, and probbably would be more interested in seeing the country they are immigrating to.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.