34 posts in this topic

Can I do this? 

image.thumb.png.3dd84d8772b1de1658c675f5c2fe59f1.png

The PDF editor I'm using doesnt allows me to put any kind of symbol, so I can't do "N/A" in the fields, and if its numeric, it will force me to write only numbers... so I'm doing all zeroes in these fileds... is this alright? or you recommend me to fill most of the fillable info first then print the form and put N/A with ink? how should I proceed?

Can I do this? 

image.thumb.png.3dd84d8772b1de1658c675f5c2fe59f1.png

The PDF editor I'm using doesnt allows me to put any kind of symbol, so I can't do "N/A" in the fields, and if its numeric, it will force me to write only numbers... so I'm doing all zeroes in these fileds... is this alright? or you recommend me to fill most of the fillable info first then print the form and put N/A with ink? how should I proceed?

To add upon this... it's weird because in Part 4, item 3, I must select YES or NO if my mailing address is the same as the physical address... if it is, it won't let me put nothing in the physical address fields... like if USCIS itself would be telling me you can't edit these fields, therefore DO NOT write anything here/leave in blank... so it's like they are telling you, you can actually do that, does it means I can leave the other fields in blank?

QrCDnx1.gif

Also I read somewhere on another thread people flipping out if you left things in blank you would get and RFE...??? given the situation above, is this still frowned upon if I do leave them blank?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, TioPeperino said:

i got it to work with another editor !! I'm now able to type N/A for these fields.. thank you! 

And then check if the automatic totaling fields work.  Best to use Adobe software for these forms, the copy and paste "Not Applicable.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filing the DS-260 for my wife, I get to this part:

Permanent Address

Please provide the following information on where you intend to live after arrival in the United States.

What will happen to this address in the eventuality that I move... will I have to send a public inquiry form to the NVC explaining I moved? and update with USCIS with an change of address? also on this same topic... if I update the address with NVC, shall I also update it along side with USCIS at the same time? or the organization that has the case (NVC) is the one should be notified only.... ??

Timeline
12 minutes ago, TioPeperino said:

Filing the DS-260 for my wife, I get to this part:

Permanent Address

Please provide the following information on where you intend to live after arrival in the United States.

What will happen to this address in the eventuality that I move... will I have to send a public inquiry form to the NVC explaining I moved? and update with USCIS with an change of address? also on this same topic... if I update the address with NVC, shall I also update it along side with USCIS at the same time? or the organization that has the case (NVC) is the one should be notified only.... ??

If you move before the visa is issued, your spouse can just give the new address at the Consulate and the Port of Entry.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

19 hours ago, TioPeperino said:

do I still list him, because I do wanna say, we DO have a child, but what do I put here?

You must list your child on the DS-260.  As your child is a USC, the answer to both questions about immigrating should be "No".  Your child is just relocating to the US and does not need any immigration paperwork to do so.

3 hours ago, Chancy said:

You must list your child on the DS-260.  As your child is a USC, the answer to both questions about immigrating should be "No".  Your child is just relocating to the US and does not need any immigration paperwork to do so.

Awesome! just exactly what I did, thank you very much for helping me out throughout this entire process! 🎉 Feels amazing we're amost there! 

Hey guys, first and foremost, thank you very much, for helping me along the way, I'm currently working on my I-864 while also working on my wife civil documents and so on and translating all the documents possible...

My question now arises from this link: Colombia (state.gov), it says, for police records: 

Any applicant who has a police record that states "Actualmente no es requirido por autoridad judicial alguna" (in English, "currently not wanted by any judicial authority") must bring their complete court records, along with an English translation, to the embassy on the day of their interview. Applicants who fail to bring these court records and the English translation will be required to return to the embassy for a second interview.

So my question is since policia.gov.co, is the only issuing authority and the only one handling this type of cert (even the "fiscalia", which is a higher authority/entity in the juridical system in Colombia, says that), how am I will be able to find "...complete court records..."?

35 minutes ago, TioPeperino said:

Hey guys, first and foremost, thank you very much, for helping me along the way, I'm currently working on my I-864 while also working on my wife civil documents and so on and translating all the documents possible...

My question now arises from this link: Colombia (state.gov), it says, for police records: 

So my question is since policia.gov.co, is the only issuing authority and the only one handling this type of cert (even the "fiscalia", which is a higher authority/entity in the juridical system in Colombia, says that), how am I will be able to find "...complete court records..."?

Also... when I'm about to upload the documents, it tells me "BRING ALL YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS (not photocopies) to the interview with you" I assume this is to my wife, since I won't be there... now my question is, if I scan a paystub (this is done through my companies HR portal) its obviously an electronic document... will I just be able to print this document and send it to my wife? or will I need to have my company print it for me and then send them?

Timeline
1 hour ago, TioPeperino said:

Also... when I'm about to upload the documents, it tells me "BRING ALL YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS (not photocopies) to the interview with you" I assume this is to my wife, since I won't be there... now my question is, if I scan a paystub (this is done through my companies HR portal) its obviously an electronic document... will I just be able to print this document and send it to my wife? or will I need to have my company print it for me and then send them?

"Document" are things like birth certificates, etc.  A pay stub is always going to be a copy or scan.  It's "supporting evidence" not "documents" in this context.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

• 3 weeks later...

As I read around the forums, there is a common practice the NVC do which is to send a message, that tells you that there MIGHT be a need to add a joint sponsor... so I got anxious and read the thing as if I NEEDED or they were asking me for a joint sponsor.. So I started looking for a Join Sponsor, not paying attention that the notice wasn't really asking me for a join sponsor as a requirement but just as a notice... So these are my new questions:

0) I do feel like I qualify enough and I'm above the 125%, but lets say just 1000-2000 above.. do you think I would be better off alone, or do I get my joint sponsor to join? Also, does adding the sponsor adds obviously another layer on top of the case? does it complicates it more?

1) My Joint Sponsor sent me his taxes, one where he is (the most recent, 2022) filling jointly with his wife and listing 2 other dependents (their children), 2021 filing as HOH (head of household) and 2020 where he is also filing as HOH... My question is if they want the current individual annual income, and the most recent tax is jointly...  how do I get his individual current annual income?

2) Part 3. Item # 29, is 1, since he will only be sponsoring my wife right? Also, what about my child, he is already my dependent also, what do I have to put in Part 5. 1 through 8? my joint sponsor is married, has 2 dependent people (son and daughter) as declared in his taxes... do I put 2 in #4 or #5?

3) How do I fill up part 6, or I don't have to? he's not using anybody else's assets on his household for this matter.

4) I have prepared my joint sponsor i-864, therefore do I need to fill up part 10 myself with my info right? 

Thanks! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, TioPeperino said:

As I read around the forums, there is a common practice the NVC do which is to send a message, that tells you that there MIGHT be a need to add a joint sponsor... so I got anxious and read the thing as if I NEEDED or they were asking me for a joint sponsor.. So I started looking for a Join Sponsor, not paying attention that the notice wasn't really asking me for a join sponsor as a requirement but just as a notice... So these are my new questions:

0) I do feel like I qualify enough and I'm above the 125%, but lets say just 1000-2000 above.. do you think I would be better off alone, or do I get my joint sponsor to join? Also, does adding the sponsor adds obviously another layer on top of the case? does it complicates it more?

1) My Joint Sponsor sent me his taxes, one where he is (the most recent, 2022) filling jointly with his wife and listing 2 other dependents (their children), 2021 filing as HOH (head of household) and 2020 where he is also filing as HOH... My question is if they want the current individual annual income, and the most recent tax is jointly...  how do I get his individual current annual income?

2) Part 3. Item # 29, is 1, since he will only be sponsoring my wife right? Also, what about my child, he is already my dependent also, what do I have to put in Part 5. 1 through 8? my joint sponsor is married, has 2 dependent people (son and daughter) as declared in his taxes... do I put 2 in #4 or #5?

3) How do I fill up part 6, or I don't have to? he's not using anybody else's assets on his household for this matter.

4) I have prepared my joint sponsor i-864, therefore do I need to fill up part 10 myself with my info right? 

Thanks! 

If you are confident, your current income qualifies you and clearly well over the minimum, just ignore the message, and thank your potential joint sponsor for their willingness to help, but explain it will not be necessary.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.