sberg24

Colombia K1 Visa

29 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I rephrase my question to the Bogota Embassy and got a response to my question on whether it's processing K1 petitions or not. The answer is that it is currently not processing any K1 visas. They asked the NVC not to send them any and might resume in August.

--------------------------------
Good Morning,

The U.S. Embassy in Bogota, Colombia is processing K1 visas. We asked NVC to hold off on sending us K1 visas for the month of July because we are operating at full capacity. We are processing all K1 visa applications that we currently have and we expect NVC to begin sending us K1 applications in August.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit | Consular Section 

On 7/24/2023 at 3:04 PM, sberg24 said:

Wilman- so you are in the same situation I am with the same response from NvC. What is your plan of attack? Just continue to wait and send periodic requests for updates each month? My lawyers didn’t really have any other suggestions

Look at my previous post in regards to why the NVC is not sending the Embassy K-1 visas. But one of my options is to petition an embassy in another country to take our case. My fiancee is Venezuelan and since Venezuela does not have an U.S Embassy, she's able to use any Embassy in LATAM without the extended wait time for foreign nationals to that country. Another option is to sponsor her in the Migrant lottery system.

Edited by WiLMan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
5 hours ago, WiLMan said:

Look at my previous post in regards to why the NVC is not sending the Embassy K-1 visas. But one of my options is to petition an embassy in another country to take our case. My fiancee is Venezuelan and since Venezuela does not have an U.S Embassy, she's able to use any Embassy in LATAM without the extended wait time for foreign nationals to that country. Another option is to sponsor her in the Migrant lottery system.

My fiancee is also Venezuelan.  We had gotten tired of waiting on the K-1 process and had done the advance parole application back in February.  It is July and that application never progressed one bit. So that route didn't work out for us. Your mileage may vary.

Also, if you are considering other embassies, you will want to identify what the visa requirements are.  That may impact your decision-making.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DJH said:

My fiancee is also Venezuelan.  We had gotten tired of waiting on the K-1 process and had done the advance parole application back in February.  It is July and that application never progressed one bit. So that route didn't work out for us. Your mileage may vary.

Also, if you are considering other embassies, you will want to identify what the visa requirements are.  That may impact your decision-making.

So many people applied that they changed it so it is now part lottery part long wait.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Update: My fiancee's interview was on August 4th and she picked up her visa at the ASC the same day she received the email notification yesterday August 9th, so two business days after the interview (August 7th was a holiday).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 7/14/2023 at 9:14 PM, sberg24 said:

I received case number from NVC this week but they stated they can’t send the case to Colombia because Bogota is not processing K1 Visas. Has anyone received a similar response or has anyone received the opposite response and had their K1 case sent to the embassy in Bogota for processing?

HI Sberg24,

Reading all this helpful information I figured I had to share my experience as I too am in a similar situation. For the past 8 weeks, I have sent a public inquiry to the NVC regarding my case and they have also given me a lame response about the Embassy in Bogota being closed. I took it upon myself to call the Embassy and Bogota and speak to the IV unit who seems to handle the I-129F cases and they have confirmed "They are open and processing K1 Visas"  After another public inquiry The NVC provided me with my case number but I have no way of checking the status as I have not been provided and invoice number in order to create a CEAC account.

Here is a response from The NVC after I sent a public inquiry about the Embassy in Colombia being opened after speaking to an officer. 

NVC cannot predict when visa services will restart or when the case will be sent to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in Bogota. Although K1 petitions have a 120-day expiration date, a consular officer will revalidate this petition so it will not expire.

I find all this extremely frustrating and disheartening to be honest. I hear of cases being scheduled for interviews and the process is quite fast once you are in "Ready Status". I am stuck and hope someone can shed some light on what the hold up is with the NVC and the Embassy in Bogota, the agents I've spoken to have all said that they are in full swing processing, scheduling, and holding interviews. I hope the NVC gets it together.

I'm praying that this day comes soon. I wish everyone all the best of luck.

JP

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Can somebody clarify something for me my case already says Ready and has been received by the embassy in Bogota. I keep hearing i can now create account and schedule appointment which i have but it keeps saying something about instruction packet or welcome packet and i have no idea what they are talking about. Is this something i need at the visa interview or what?

Timeline
On 10/10/2023 at 6:08 PM, sberg24 said:

They will email you. My case was ready on the 5th of August and I didn’t receive email from them until the 20th. The email shows how to submit forms, what to bring, etc. 

‘You can email them directly if you haven’t heard from them. Just send your case number and tell them it’s in Ready status

Do they email the petitioner or the beneficiary? or both?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.