Dataunavailable

Questions and help requested with approved I-130, but now needs I-824

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I received an approved I-130 for my wife, couple of months went by with no response from NVC, I looked back on my NoA2 and seen verbiage about filing an I-824, googled this and found it's an application for action on an approved I-130. 

Looked at my copy of my submitted I-130 and realized I left the country blank on question 62.a

Called USCIS and was told to make a change to an approved petition that's leaving the U.S requires an I-824. 

So after all this I have a couple questions. There are questions on the I-824 that I'm not exactly sure what is the correct response. I'll attach a picture of the I-824 question. I'm thinking it's either 1.b or 1.d, there just is not any other questions on the I-824 for how they would know which embassy to send my petition to, unless they just go off her geographic information from address etc. 

Second question is, am I able to tell when I file my I-824, where it will go? My NoA1 had an address of Nebraska on the bottom, my NoA2 had an address of National Benefits Center in Kansas. The reason I'm asking is because Nebraska has a current processing time of 22-23 months for an I-824, NBC is 5 months. Our receipt number starts with IOE. If my NoA2 was sent from NBC in KS, could that be where my I-824 goes, or since it's mailed to the Phoenix lockbox, it could be sent to Nebraska? Or is there a chance that it could go to any service center in the U.S? I'm in the upper midwest of the U.S geographically.

I'm already planning on going back in a few months to visit my wife, so if it goes to Nebraska, I was considering just a withdrawl of the current CR-1 and refiling a new CR-1 once I return, as 15 months at Nebraska vs 23 months is a long time. Once an I-824 is submitted, is the CR-1 still able to be withdrawn if the processing time is 2 years vs a year and a half?

Screenshot_20230712-214954_Word.jpg

Edited by Dataunavailable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

That one

Thanks, so after filing it, is there a way to know if it will go back to Nebraska or if it will go to some other service center, or it's just luck of the draw on where they get sent after the lockbox office sends them off?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.