doodlebug

interview summary

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I know you are upset, but I would let it go until after he has visa in hand. No telling what this guy will do if he gets wind that you're making complaints.

I agree with this. Postpone your anger until this guy doesn't have your life in his hands.

And from what I've read in the Sub Saharan Africa forum, the sex question is fair game. Seems awfully invasive to me as well, but if they're allowed to ask that question in Nigeria, then I guess they can ask it in Egypt too.

I know it may not seem like a victory, but I do think congrats are in order for a successful albeit stressful interview!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi,

I just got home and hour ago. Usama had his interview a few hours after he dropped me off at the airport so I haven't heard from him about it until just now. Here's what happened and I'm so pissed off it's not even funny.

1) LAST Sunday we both went together to the embassy and waited for ONE HOUR before they gave us a number. We were number one. After one MORE hour we asked what was happeneing and they said they forgot about us so they said wait here. We waited another hour (we're up to 3 hours now) and a woman called his name. She looked not too pleased with him and asked him for his papers. He gave them to her and then she said that she needed to look over his file. We sat back down and then after a few minutes she called us back up again. She told him to pay the DHL fee and then to sit down. We did and then after a few more minutes she called us up again and said the consular never showed up to work today and we'd have to come back another time to have the interview. She made it for the 29th at 8am.

I'll talk about the trip at another time since i'm fuming right now.

He went to the Embassy and was called after a little while. I don't have exact miniscule details that I want because the poor thing hasn't slept and has been crying since I left him so I got what I needed for info and then told him to go to bed.

He got a black guy who I guess hated Usama from the start. He asked him if he wanted to have the interview in English or in Arabic so he said English thinking it would look better. Then the guy apparently talked wicked fast and looked like he was annoyed at Usama for even being there for some reason.

He asked how we met.

He asked when we got married.

He asked WHEN WE FIRST HAD SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

####### IS THAT ALL ABOUT THAT IS NONE OF THIS LITTLE PUKE'S BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usama told him that I was there for the date the interview was SUPPOSED to happen but the guy could have given two shits. He gave him the paper telling him that he needed admin review and that he needs to bring in two more pictures. (he had already brought 4 extras and gave it to him but they wanted two more)

Then he said they'll be in touch in 1 to 2 months.

Never took his passport.

That was it. I'm pissed. I want to complain to someone but I don't wanna fk it up you know??????

plus i'm jet lagged and my ankles look like elephant woman and this post posted too soon so I had to edit all this in.

i hate my life right now.

God, Doodlebug, I feel soo bad for you. Sounds like you were in Casa!!! You are in my prayers!!! Debbie

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

(F) Hey glad you are back safely and so so sorry about your interview experience. That is not right that they are asking these kind of questions, but from what I have seen they can do pretty much whatever the f--k they want and get away with it. Sam had to pay the DHL fee and they did not keep his passport either so that is not out of the ordinary, but then again I don't think any thing is with Cairo except inconsistent and slowww. Rest up and calm down and be glad that this part is over and get ready for the next part...........AP.

I hope that the rest of your trip was wonderful and you have good memories of that time together. (F)

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I hope that the rest of your trip was wonderful and you have good memories of that time together. (F)

hahahaha...haven't caught my egypt in the summer thread yet, eh? lol

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow that would have had me fuming too.

I agree with the others... doesn't sound like u were denied, its just a shame you got

the consular with the power trip and doesn't understand there are boundaries in his position.

Hope he gets his visa soon!

1/10/05 Filed I-129f

1/12/05 NOA1

2/9/05 NOA2

2/25/05 Case forwarded to Casablanca

(Marrakech postal issues)

5/2/05 Fiance picks up Packet 3/4

5/6/05 Medical

5/23/05 Interview (recieved 221g)

5/31/05 VISA IN HAND! ALHAMDULLILAH!!

Truly I am blessed

7/6/05 Rachid arrives in USA (POE Philly) with my family

7/8/05 Rachid arrives to Atlanta (home to me)

7/8/05 Wedding!!! (ceremonial)

7/22/05 Recieve SSN Card

9/26/05 Married

12/31/05 AOS/EAD/AP sent off

1/4/06 Package arrives at Chicago Lockbox

1/18/06 Checks cashed all NOA's recvd :)

3/31/06 Recv'd AOS appointment letter for May 23rd

MAY 23RD AOS APPROVED (now waiting for prints to clear)

6/7/06 RECEIVED WELCOME LETTER :)

6/14/06 GREENCARD HATH ARRIVED!!! :))))

05/31/08 Filed Removal of Conditions

06/22/08 Biometrics done

APRROVVED JUNE 1ST 2009

Greencard Recieved 6/7/09 :D

Timeline

I have asked him to scan the paper that was given to him and after I finish reading through it I'll be able to write to the consulate. Until then I'm just going by what he's telling me and he's kind of confused. He seems to think he needs to do the administrative review himself. lol. I just want to make sure nothing is in there that is telling him that.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Welcome back Doodle..ur thread about summers in Egypt was a riot..my SO told me it was so hot I would not move if I went there.,..hahaa and so hot that even a cold shower would feel hot... :blink: you overcome it though girl and got to see ur man as well!! and had some laughs....or not so much...

Hope that ur A/P is quick and painless and ur SO is here w/u soon!!!! -Melinda

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

well the CO didnt keep adams passport ... he had a younger black guy and was polite with him... so did anyone have a guy like that for the CO??? i cant imagine being asked about our sex life... that is wayyyyy off limits ... could get u fired in the work place so how could they ask that and why would they ask that ??? dang! :angry:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Maybe the Egyptian Consulate has seen your posts about sex on this board and decided that since you were so open about it, that it was fair game.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Glad you made it back Doodle! From the sounds of it you have had quite the experience. Glad you survived it! Was very funny for us or not for you! Sorry that it was the time from you know where! Hang in there! Some day you will look back on this together and laugh!

Filed: Timeline

Oh doodle Im sorry that happend to you. I cant believe the nerve of that guy to ask such questions. I mean is that even right, can he be reported? Things like that just piss me off so much. How man people be so sicK??? I hope that you can get the extra two pictures that they requsted so that you can get your case moving and done with AP quickly.

Timeline
Hi,

I just got home and hour ago. Usama had his interview a few hours after he dropped me off at the airport so I haven't heard from him about it until just now. Here's what happened and I'm so pissed off it's not even funny.

1) LAST Sunday we both went together to the embassy and waited for ONE HOUR before they gave us a number. We were number one. After one MORE hour we asked what was happeneing and they said they forgot about us so they said wait here. We waited another hour (we're up to 3 hours now) and a woman called his name. She looked not too pleased with him and asked him for his papers. He gave them to her and then she said that she needed to look over his file. We sat back down and then after a few minutes she called us back up again. She told him to pay the DHL fee and then to sit down. We did and then after a few more minutes she called us up again and said the consular never showed up to work today and we'd have to come back another time to have the interview. She made it for the 29th at 8am.

I'll talk about the trip at another time since i'm fuming right now.

He went to the Embassy and was called after a little while. I don't have exact miniscule details that I want because the poor thing hasn't slept and has been crying since I left him so I got what I needed for info and then told him to go to bed.

He got a black guy who I guess hated Usama from the start. He asked him if he wanted to have the interview in English or in Arabic so he said English thinking it would look better. Then the guy apparently talked wicked fast and looked like he was annoyed at Usama for even being there for some reason.

He asked how we met.

He asked when we got married.

He asked WHEN WE FIRST HAD SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

####### IS THAT ALL ABOUT THAT IS NONE OF THIS LITTLE PUKE'S BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usama told him that I was there for the date the interview was SUPPOSED to happen but the guy could have given two shits. He gave him the paper telling him that he needed admin review and that he needs to bring in two more pictures. (he had already brought 4 extras and gave it to him but they wanted two more)

Then he said they'll be in touch in 1 to 2 months.

Never took his passport.

That was it. I'm pissed. I want to complain to someone but I don't wanna fk it up you know??????

plus i'm jet lagged and my ankles look like elephant woman and this post posted too soon so I had to edit all this in.

i hate my life right now.

I've heard about this black guy... I think he is notorious for his attitude

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I agree that this sort of question should not be asked, but I have heard of it happening in other countries too. Usually countries with strong cultural norms. I think once it happened to someone interviewing in India, a place where sex outside of marriage is still strongly frowned on. So they may ask to find out if the relationship was based on sex or love. But I rarely hear about that question being asked so it might just be a rare occurrence.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline
Maybe the Egyptian Consulate has seen your posts about sex on this board and decided that since you were so open about it, that it was fair game.

There is a difference between joking on an annonymous board about things and having the United States Government demanding to know intimacies about your sexual practices. Glad to see you still have a stick up your azz though Sarah.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I agree that this sort of question should not be asked, but I have heard of it happening in other countries too. Usually countries with strong cultural norms. I think once it happened to someone interviewing in India, a place where sex outside of marriage is still strongly frowned on. So they may ask to find out if the relationship was based on sex or love. But I rarely hear about that question being asked so it might just be a rare occurrence.

Still none of their damn business. Besides, how would they know if you were lying or not?

Divorced. To hell with him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.