visa. However with the immigrant visa petition filed the chances of

getting such visa are likely to be lessened. We hope this information will

help you.

Sincerely,

Public Liaison Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy,

Kyiv, Ukraine

From personal experience I know it's possible, it's not 100% it all depends the Ukraine citizen has enough evidence to convince the officer at the embassy. Honestly I think it is worth a try... it's your decision. I don't think that anybody here will ever tell you that you will get a tourist visa. Immigration in the US is not a perfect science :(

Take all the evidence you have and if you have some extra money to pay for the fee, try!

Good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The reply from the consul is exactly as one would expect.

Hi,i just receive the reply from Ukraine embassy

Thank you for contacting us via e-mail. We would like to inform you of

the following. The applicant has the right to apply for a tourist

visa. However with the immigrant visa petition filed the chances of

getting such visa are likely to be lessened. We hope this information will

help you.

Sincerely,

Public Liaison Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy,

Kyiv, Ukraine

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Visa's are one thing but I-94 is another. Border patrol issues the I-94 and even if you have a visa it does not meet you will be allowed to enter if the border patrol officer decides not to allow entry.

Timeline
Visa's are one thing but I-94 is another. Border patrol issues the I-94 and even if you have a visa it does not meet you will be allowed to enter if the border patrol officer decides not to allow entry.

Possibly, but first things first....

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

fwaguy, You are right. John and Sonya were the couple I was referring to in my previous post. We were thinking of arguing a similar point that they did. However, there situation was a little different in that they were almost done with DCF and got caught up in the Adam Walsh law. I don't know if maybe the US Embassy in Kyiv just felt sorry for them and thus were a little more lenient on this visitor visa or if they may approve this same argument again. That's why I'm hoping to find others that did this in Ukraine or maybe Russia to see if there have been some other successes or if most people just fail. I think they do such a good job discouraging people with the responses like they sent Oleksandra, that maybe most people just don't even go for it. But maybe this is just to weed people out and they are not so strict. I think a lot of it probably depends on who's doing the interview too. Anyway, if anyone has more experiences to share no this, please do, because we are strongly considering giving this a try!

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

Timeline
fwaguy, You are right. John and Sonya were the couple I was referring to in my previous post. We were thinking of arguing a similar point that they did. However, there situation was a little different in that they were almost done with DCF and got caught up in the Adam Walsh law. I don't know if maybe the US Embassy in Kyiv just felt sorry for them and thus were a little more lenient on this visitor visa or if they may approve this same argument again. That's why I'm hoping to find others that did this in Ukraine or maybe Russia to see if there have been some other successes or if most people just fail. I think they do such a good job discouraging people with the responses like they sent Oleksandra, that maybe most people just don't even go for it. But maybe this is just to weed people out and they are not so strict. I think a lot of it probably depends on who's doing the interview too. Anyway, if anyone has more experiences to share no this, please do, because we are strongly considering giving this a try!

If you are a gambler then maybe you should go for it. :) It is a little time investment and $100 application fee to see if the John&Sonya argument will be successful again, but this time with slightly different facts and circumstances. Somebody has to be the explorers!... Where would this country be without the likes of Lewis & ClarK? :)

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.