fastrack

Apply for interview (DS-260) in Sydney or in Madrid? Lower wait times

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm from Spain but currently living in Australia. 

I got my I-140 EB1 category approved and I'm about to submit the DS-260 to get an interview in an Embassy. Since I'm a resident from Australia but a national in Spain my lawyers told me I can apply to have the interview in either of the locations. Do you know which one of them should have shorter waiting times?

Also from Christmas I am moving to Spain until I get the immigration visa approved so going back and forth from Spain and Australia (literally they are in the antipodes) is less than ideal.

Thank you so much for your help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, igoyougoduke said:

its always country of citizenship  unless you can prove residency in australia 

4 minutes ago, igoyougoduke said:

Im assuming by “living in” they mean they have residency. 

Its unlikely that the interview would be scheduled before the end of the year.. Sydney still has a backlog.. so its probably best to go with Spain 

11 hours ago, igoyougoduke said:

Are you absolutely sure about that? There are lots of cases from people resident in one country but with citizenship of another who have tried to switch consulates to speed things up and and been refused. Here's an example -

13 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Are you absolutely sure about that? There are lots of cases from people resident in one country but with citizenship of another who have tried to switch consulates to speed things up and and been refused. Here's an example -

that is why i said residency matters. if he is a resident of australia than the consulate in australia will process. if he is resident of spain and can prove it than he can file in spain.

duh

1 minute ago, igoyougoduke said:

that is why i said residency matters. if he is a resident of australia than the consulate in australia will process. if he is resident of spain and can prove it than he can file in spain.

I think the OP wants Spain though as it'll be much quicker, so him proving residency in Australia won't help. Maybe if he moves back to Spain at the end of the year he could transfer then, if he's not already had his interview in Oz by then.

6 hours ago, appleblossom said:

I think the OP wants Spain though as it'll be much quicker, so him proving residency in Australia won't help. Maybe if he moves back to Spain at the end of the year he could transfer then, if he's not already had his interview in Oz by then.

For what you say, Spain embassy is way faster than the Australia one right? That's also what I saw in posts in VJ.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.