AmericanSoldier

My Wife is Looking for Asian Female Friends

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

Well good news. My wife was able to immigrate to Texas on her CR-1 Visa. She is living with my mother who owns a bakery and my father who is a police officer. My wife for now is staying busy helping out my mother with her business and around our farm, but she has aspirations of finding another job as well which I support. (Its not all that bad for her as she is a tomboy herself and was raised in the country LOL).

She also has to get her drivers licsence. She drove a little in Thailand, but has relied on public transportation most of her life.

She has picked up on the English language pretty quick in the last three years through my turtoring and sending her to school in Thailand, but still has a ways to go. She speaks Chinese fluently and some Korean as well. Are there student driver classes for international students that are not totally comfortable with the English Language?

She is very culture shocked right now as she moved from Busy Bangkok to the quite country. She is accostomed to a busier lifestyle. She is very independant hard worker. She is a very skilled seamstress, a certified massage therapist in Thailand (I sent her to school to learn) and is awesome at cooking. She would love to find some work, possibly start her own business. The point is she does like to be bored just sitting at home. She is the type of person that wants to be productive all the time. She wants to get out and work as she has been doing that all her life.

She came to the United States to fullfill her entry requirements. Only time will tell if she ends up moving back to Thailand to await my return. I would like her to stay and learn as much a possible about the United States. But its hard for her right now because she fills out of place as some of you might be able to relate to.

I am trying to be supportive and helpful to her as possible. But I am limited on what I can do as I am deployed to Iraq in the Army. My parents have been a great help, and are trying as best they can as well. My family loves her and she has a very good relationship with them. But on the same token she still is homesick and misses her culture.

She wants to make some asian Friends. Someone she can relate to and learn from. I think her stay there without me would be much easier if she found some friends from the same cultural backgrounds.

If there are any in the area drop me a few lines, lets chat and possibly I can introduce you to my wife.

Also are there any Asian support groups in the Area?

If she were closer to the base I am deployed from (Fort Hood) it would be a different story as there is always a large asian community around military bases. Since she is immigrating to the United States for the first time and I am not there, we all agreed it best she stay with my parents while I am gone, which is some distance from Fort Hood.

Thanks for the help.

Adam

Timeline
Hello Everyone,

Well good news. My wife was able to immigrate to Texas on her CR-1 Visa. She is living with my mother who owns a bakery and my father who is a police officer. My wife for now is staying busy helping out my mother with her business and around our farm, but she has aspirations of finding another job as well which I support. (Its not all that bad for her as she is a tomboy herself and was raised in the country LOL).

She also has to get her drivers licsence. She drove a little in Thailand, but has relied on public transportation most of her life.

She has picked up on the English language pretty quick in the last three years through my turtoring and sending her to school in Thailand, but still has a ways to go. She speaks Chinese fluently and some Korean as well. Are there student driver classes for international students that are not totally comfortable with the English Language?

She is very culture shocked right now as she moved from Busy Bangkok to the quite country. She is accostomed to a busier lifestyle. She is very independant hard worker. She is a very skilled seamstress, a certified massage therapist in Thailand (I sent her to school to learn) and is awesome at cooking. She would love to find some work, possibly start her own business. The point is she does like to be bored just sitting at home. She is the type of person that wants to be productive all the time. She wants to get out and work as she has been doing that all her life.

She came to the United States to fullfill her entry requirements. Only time will tell if she ends up moving back to Thailand to await my return. I would like her to stay and learn as much a possible about the United States. But its hard for her right now because she fills out of place as some of you might be able to relate to.

I am trying to be supportive and helpful to her as possible. But I am limited on what I can do as I am deployed to Iraq in the Army. My parents have been a great help, and are trying as best they can as well. My family loves her and she has a very good relationship with them. But on the same token she still is homesick and misses her culture.

She wants to make some asian Friends. Someone she can relate to and learn from. I think her stay there without me would be much easier if she found some friends from the same cultural backgrounds.

If there are any in the area drop me a few lines, lets chat and possibly I can introduce you to my wife.

Also are there any Asian support groups in the Area?

If she were closer to the base I am deployed from (Fort Hood) it would be a different story as there is always a large asian community around military bases. Since she is immigrating to the United States for the first time and I am not there, we all agreed it best she stay with my parents while I am gone, which is some distance from Fort Hood.

Thanks for the help.

Adam

P.S. Currently my wife is living near Austin and San Marcos Texas.

Adam

Hey I live near Austin, but I am not Asian. :unsure:

EAD

May 24th 2007: NOA 1 EAD

June 20th 2007 : Biometrics

July 30th 2007 : EAD card production ordered. day 68

August 2nd 2007: EAD card production ordered *again* day 71

August 8th 2007 : Approval notice mailed day 77

August 11th 2007: EAD card received in the mail (unable to use it to apply for SSN as the next day my AOS was approved and now EAD invalid)

AOS

May 24th 2007: NOA 1

June 20th 2007: Biometrics

June 29th 2007: AOS case trasfered to CSC

July 11th 2007: *touch*

July 30th 2007: *touch*

August 1st 2007: *touch*

August 12th 2007: Card production ordered

August 21st 2007: E-mail from CRIS-Approval notice sent

August 24th 2007: Card in hand!!!

Removal of Conditions

June 25, 2009: NOA

Sept 15, 2009 : Biometrics

Timeline
Hey I live near Austin, but I am not Asian. :unsure:

Hello there,

Shoot me an email to adam dot perrin @ us dot army dot mil

Than we can start cooresponding. I am looking for some nice people that my wife can spend some time with as she has no friends here yet other than my family. Your race is not important, it just that my wife's English is a little rough right now so its hard for some people to understand her. But yea if you are looking for friends why not. Lets chat. Thanks.

Adam

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey Adam! Ask your wife to visit this, and she will find a bunch of Thai wives. http://www.usvisa4thai.com/board/

Natty

K-1 - Thailand & USA

------------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS

09/13/03 - Enter the USA.

10-21-03 - Apply for AOS & EAD

11-17-03 - NOA I-485 (Nov 12)

11-18-03 - NOA I-765 (Nov 12)

12-03-03 - Fingerprint and Photo.

01-26-04 - Apply SSN, card by mail on 02/03/04

02-23-04 - EAD approved, received card by mail on 02/28/04

03-17-04 - Move to Lake mary, Florida.

03-20-04 - Apply State ID, received card on 04/05/04

08-26-04 - Salt Lake City,Utah sent me AOS interview letter today; however, I live in Lake Mary, FL

10-10-04 - Driver License in Hand (I past the first time for my driving test.)

01-31-05 - Move to Fairfax, Virginia

02-17-05 - EAD is approved (Renew)received card by mail on 03/04/05

05-20-05 - Move to Manassas, Virginia

10-19-05 - Infopass visit CIS office

10-22-05 - Green card interview letter arrived in Mail

12-05-05 - Interview complete, but need more evidence have to wait 6 more weeks or less for real green-card

12-12-05 - Greencard by mail

12-08-08 - "PASSED" Interview

02-12-09 - US citizen

• 9 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am a Thai woman, but I am living in MA. It doesn't matter where we live. We can become friend, right ? You might return to the States already because this topic a year ago. Hope you wife find a good job or run her own business soon. Good luck!

02/17/10 Sent the package

02/22/10 USCIS received the package

02/26/10 Noticed date of NOA

03/01/10 Check cashed

03/02/10 Online status updated

03/04/10 Received NOA

03/12/10 USCIS sent a FG letter

03/13/10 Online status updated

03/15/10 Received a FG appointment letter

03/16/10 Online status updated

04/01/10 Fingerprinted

04/30/10 Received the interview letter

06/03/10 Interview Date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I'm Indonesian, just moved here in San Antonio. Try this website; http://www.meetup.com/ ,I'm not sure if it will work. I'm trying to find friends here too.

I-751 Process

05/01/08 Sent I-751 Package to TSC

05/07/08 Checks Cashed

05/15/08 CRI89 transferred to VSC

05/21/08 NOA Date

05/28/08 Biometrics

12/24/08 The Application transferred to the USCIS Memphis Sub Office

01/22/09 Contact USCIS about the case

04/08/09 Got email about Card Production Ordered

04/11/09 Received Approval Letter by Mail

04/16/09 Received 10 years Green Card

Naturalization

08/10/09 Sent N-400 package

08/13/09 Check cashed

08/17/09 Received NOA

08/29/09 Received Biometric appointment Letter

09/04/09 Biometric

09/21/09 Received Interview Letter

11/06/09 Interview

12/17/09 Oath Ceremony

Passport Processing

03/10/10 Applied US Passport (Normal)

03/25/10 Received US Passport

03/27/10 Received Naturalization Certificate

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My wife missed talking to other Chinese when she moved here. I went to Google and typed in "Chinese in Minnesota". I came up with the "Chinese American Association of Minnesota" and contacted them. She met many new friends through this organization. I tried the same thing with "Thai organizations Texas" and came up with "Thai Association of Austin Area and Central Texas" and "Thai Community Center of Northern Texas". Try some other variations and see what you come up with.

I also started my wife with ELS lessons at the local school district. I knew there was a large Asian population in this area, but they are mostly Southeast Asians rather than Chinese. I was surprised when she met 3 Chinese ladies attending the classes. She really enjoys the ESL classes. It's really become a great social experience for her. She's made many new friends. Even though they are all from different countries they feel they have a common bond. ESL lessons could be a good way for your wife to meet new friends.

10-17-2006. I-129F filed.

10-19-2006. NOA1

01-25-2007. NOA2

02-12-2007. NVC notification saying petition is approved.

05-11-2007. Packet 3 received.

05-14-2007. Packet 3 forms sent.

06-16-2007. Packet 4 received.

07-03-2007. Medical examination.

07-10-2007. Interview. Passed!!!!

07-12-2007. Received visa.

07-18-2007. Applied for Marriage License.

08-04-2007. Fan arrives in the United States.

08-08-2007. Married.

08-24-2007. Applications for AOS, EAD, and Advance Parole.

08-30-2007. NOA for AOS.

09-07-2007. Applied for SSN.

09-18-2007. NOA for EAD and Advance Parole.

09-20-2007. Received SS card.

10-05-2007. Received appointment date for biometrics.

10-23-2007. Received Advance Parole.

11-02-2007. Biometrics.

11-06-2007. AOS transfered to CSC.

11-07-2007. EAD approved.

11-16-2007. EAD card received.

12-06-2007. AOS approved.

12-14-2007. Green Card Received in mail.

09-05-2009. I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence sent.

09-16-2009. NOA and biometrics appointment received.

10-13-2009. Biometrics.

10-26-2009. USCIS email. Approved. Card production ordered.

10-29-2009. Approval notice, dated 10-26, arrives in mail.

11-02-2009. Green Card arrives in mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.