Mark R

Embassy Interview

31 posts in this topic

We received notice that we are document qualified and they would send the file to the embassy for an interview date. This was on May 12th

Question:  for those who've received interview dates when were you notified (a) the case was going to the embassy, (b) of your interview date, and (c) the date of your interview. 

Thanks, 

Mark

Edited by Mark R

43 minutes ago, Mark R said:

We received notice that we are document qualified and they would send the file to the embassy for an interview date. This was on May 12th

Question:  for those who've received interview dates when were you notified (a) the case was going to the embassy, (b) of your interview date, and (c) the date of your interview. 

Thanks, 

Mark

At the moment there seems to be a problem with that at US Embassy Manila.  There are currently large numbers of CR1 IR1 CR2 and IR2 cases that became documentarily qualified as early as January this year who have not yet received received interview letters.  There is really no one that has reported any new scheduling activity in those category lately other than expedited cases and reschedules.  It's been that way since January or February so it is a backlog that seems to be increasing daily.  So as of this moment the backlog for scheduling interviews for CR1 IR1 CR2 and IR2 cases has extended past 5 months for many.  My guess would be that even a 5 or 6 month backlog could be cleared rather quickly whenever US Embassy Manila does resume scheduling so it could be some sort of temporary situation that would go back normal 'soon' (???).  No one is sure what US Embassy Manila is up to and they aren't talking.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

It's notable that it appears today they expedited/made self scheduling available to a large number of Fxx category cases.  It doesn't do CR1 or IR1 any good, but at least there are signs of scheduling activity at US Embassy and possible good news for Fxx cases.    F2A, F2B, F1, F3, F4 should check their CEAC status https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx  As of today alot of Fxx cases are now "Ready" and can be self scheduled.  CR/IR should probably check their CEAC status too although no one is reporting any new scheduling for CR/IR categories yet.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

1 hour ago, top_secret said:

It's notable that it appears today they expedited/made self scheduling available to a large number of Fxx category cases.  It doesn't do CR1 or IR1 any good, but at least there are signs of scheduling activity at US Embassy and possible good news for Fxx cases.    F2A, F2B, F1, F3, F4 should check their CEAC status https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx  As of today alot of Fxx cases are now "Ready" and can be self scheduled.  CR/IR should probably check their CEAC status too although no one is reporting any new scheduling for CR/IR categories yet.

It would be amazing if they did the same with CR/IR cases soon. There are plenty of appointments available and I actually feel like this could happen. Still, CR1 case is at NVC for me (May 10 DQ). 

1 hour ago, GinoNiña said:

Is K1 interviews  is included in this backlogged as well?

Actually I think K1's are moving pretty fast now through US Embassy Manilla which is a huge reversal from a year ago. I think they cleared their legendary K1 backlog. It would be nice if they could prioritize both spousal visas AND fiancee visas at the same time, but it seems they flip flop prioritizing one or the other.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• 1 month later...
On 6/24/2023 at 2:03 AM, top_secret said:

My daughter got IR2 i have been waiting for her interview schedule. School is starting soon in the US i am hoping she will have her interview soon. Any update with anyone that have been document completed or accepted since June 2023? 

3 hours ago, mrsjcb48430 said:

Hi any update on your visa interview date?

I was part of the auto expedite on 6/26. Interview date for 7/11. Approved. Not sure when June and further DQ cases will move to the embassy. Seems a little past mid May was the DQ cut off for the 6/26 batch. 

10 hours ago, mrsjcb48430 said:

How to apply for auto expedite? I really need it for my daughter. Thank you

You don't apply for an auto expedite...that's why it has the word auto.

On 6/26, USEM auto expedited seemingly all CR1/2 and IR1/2 cases that were DQ and waiting for an interview, up to cases that became DQ in mid to late May. I don't know the exact cutoff date for that batch. It is impossible to predict when another batch may be done. 

You can apply for a normal expedite by emailing NVCExpedite@state.gov. Chances are slim to none it will be approved. 

On 8/9/2023 at 11:54 AM, Mark R said:

My file was DQ on May 12th and we haven't received an interview notice so the cut off was sometime before that

What does your case say when you check the status?

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.