JenniferJarin

How early can I date the supporting documents for the I-134 Affadavit of Support?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm having my sister co-sponsor the K-1 visa application. She is going to get a bank statement that reflects her current balance from her bank. I will do the same. I plan on leaving the US for Thailand in about 2 weeks, more or less. If the NOA2 is approved, and approved around Aug. 25, the projected date, we probably won't be having the interview until early-mid november in Bangkok. But I want to take my sister's supporting documents (as well as mine) with me when I leave the US in 2 weeks.

My question is: If my sister shows her current bank account balance ( dated as of Aug. 2007, that is) for the supporting I-134 documents, will that be good enough for the visa interview around November 2007? Or should I wait and get the most up-to-date statements/balances possible? (Then I'd have to get them sent from the US to Thailand.)

Also, the notarization on the affadavit -- does it matter if we do all this financial stuff NOW, with the current date, so we'll have it in advance?

Thanks for any advice on this matter!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I'm having my sister co-sponsor the K-1 visa application. She is going to get a bank statement that reflects her current balance from her bank. I will do the same. I plan on leaving the US for Thailand in about 2 weeks, more or less. If the NOA2 is approved, and approved around Aug. 25, the projected date, we probably won't be having the interview until early-mid november in Bangkok. But I want to take my sister's supporting documents (as well as mine) with me when I leave the US in 2 weeks.

My question is: If my sister shows her current bank account balance ( dated as of Aug. 2007, that is) for the supporting I-134 documents, will that be good enough for the visa interview around November 2007? Or should I wait and get the most up-to-date statements/balances possible? (Then I'd have to get them sent from the US to Thailand.)

Also, the notarization on the affadavit -- does it matter if we do all this financial stuff NOW, with the current date, so we'll have it in advance?

Thanks for any advice on this matter!

Financial documents including the I-134 and supporting docs should be as current as practical at the interview. The Notary will date the I-134 signatures. That date isn't critical if the pay stubs are current. Those could be faxed if need be.

You'll probably exerience better results if you focus on what the Consulate wants instead of what you want. ;)

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Mine were dated in April and my fiance's interview was June 8th - they never asked him about it.

Bangkok may be more rigid, though.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline
Mine were dated in April and my fiance's interview was June 8th - they never asked him about it.

Frankly considering mailing times, I expect anything within 60 days would be "as close as practical" for Bangkok and close enough even for Canada.

I would send at least twice as far in advance as I expect the longest mail time to be. That way, there's time to send again if lost. For China, that was about six weeks before the earliest expected interview date but before we knew the actual date.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
I think it is obvious from my question that I want what the consulate wants.

I know but my focus was on the phrases, "I want" and "...will that be good enough?"

The answer to nearly all "Will that be good enough?" questions will be either "no" or "maybe" and that's not what you're looking for. Whenever you find yourself asking "Will that be good enough?" I suggest you adjust your attitude. I wish you could see the smile on my face as I make that suggestion. The smile comes from having watched many people learn the hard way and my happyness about learning from their misfortune.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Frankly considering mailing times, I expect anything within 60 days would be "as close as practical" for Bangkok and close enough even for Canada.

I would send at least twice as far in advance as I expect the longest mail time to be. That way, there's time to send again if lost. For China, that was about six weeks before the earliest expected interview date but before we knew the actual date.

So, if I am reading this correctly, if you have some certainty (using timeline) that the adjudication will be in, say the end of September, you could prepare those documents around that time to have ready to go?

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Timeline

So, if I am reading this correctly, if you have some certainty (using timeline) that the adjudication will be in, say the end of September, you could prepare those documents around that time to have ready to go?

I would key off the expected packet 3 receipt timing, not the USCIS approval. For some countries the two dates are fairly close but for others they are months apart.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

I would key off the expected packet 3 receipt timing, not the USCIS approval. For some countries the two dates are fairly close but for others they are months apart.

If I were to take the advice of "sending 2 months in advance" of our estimated interview date in Thailand, that woud mean my sister would have to mail her documents to us in Thailand by end of August/early september. But if I'm planning to head back to Thailand around mid-August, I thought it would be much safer & efficient to just have her mail them to me while I'm still at my US residence, and then bring them with me to Thailand. Also, I'll need my own bank statements, and I haven't checked with my bank yet, but I may have to go in in person to do so but I couldn't do that, obviously, once I'm in Thailand.

Maybe I'll just take care of the majority of the documents now, like the employer letter, any income tax returns, and the actual affadavit, and get one copy of the august financials for now, with another later version faxed or mailed if the American embassy in Thailand wants that. If I can speak to a live person, I'll try calling them this week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I FedExed my I-134 2 weeks ago to the Philippines and then last Tuesday FedExed her my bank statement 6/14/07 to 7/13/07 abd paystub dated 7/20. Cost $40.00 and there in 4 days/

1/27/2007 Nerissa told me she received a ltr on Friday 26th from USE in Manila telling her they had our petition. I'm sure that's a GREAT thing.

4/16/07 Medical scheduled

4/23/07 Interview 7:30 YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2/21/2007 She tells me in Yahoo msngr and then in an email that she DOES NOT want to come to USA because of her family who will suffer if she is not there

She said YES!!!!! We are back in the med/interview schedule. After a few months I realized I couldn't live without her. I wooed her back and now she is coming to USA after interview.

7/1/-19/2007 Medical finished for both

Case Number: mnl20068abcde

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 (7:30:00 AM)

K1 and K2 Approved on 8/1 @ est 10:30

8/3/2007 Delbros has Visas

8/18/2007 Flight booked from MNL to LAS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.