MaegZ0322

USC with U.K. spouse wanting to return to US but feeling very lost

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Those I-864 instructions are critical.  Your household will include all unmarried children under 21 no matter where they live.  Combining income with your mother will add one person (your mother) to the total household, but using her as a household member and combining income will most likely be better, in this case than having her be a joint sponsor.  As a joint sponsor, she would need to qualify for a household including all immigrants, plus herself, but not you.

Become a A Student?

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Those I-864 instructions are critical.  Your household will include all unmarried children under 21 no matter where they live.  Combining income with your mother will add one person (your mother) to the total household, but using her as a household member and combining income will most likely be better, in this case than having her be a joint sponsor.  As a joint sponsor, she would need to qualify for a household including all immigrants, plus herself, but not you.

Yes, completey get that and understand.  I will certainly read them a few times before I submit the form at the time needed.  I thought I had read somewhere on the page that yes, it's all unmarried children under the age of 21 no matter where they are unless they would be considered an adult where they normally are domicile.  However, by the time we are ready to submit, he will be settled and domiciled here in the states with me and that is the part I wasnt really sure about, if it was domicle when filing the I130 or the affidavit of support.   But combined with my mum, we will be good for 5 or 6 in the household.

I admit, I could have easily misunderstood about counting the household members but will make sure that I do it properly as they need it.   Thank you so much for your help.

Edited to add:  So if we combine, I would count myself, my immigrant husband, my mum, and 3 children?  So sorry if that is a stupid question.

Edited by MaegZ0322
added a question

US citizen moved back to the states with our children to file, husband remained in England

I-130 application

Service Centre: Texas

Consulate: London, UK

Visa Journey timeline estimate for I-130 March 9-28, 2025

I-130 March 18, 2024 Application submitted online

I-130 March 18, 2024 NOA1, PD 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, MaegZ0322 said:

Yes, completey get that and understand.  I will certainly read them a few times before I submit the form at the time needed.  I thought I had read somewhere on the page that yes, it's all unmarried children under the age of 21 no matter where they are unless they would be considered an adult where they normally are domicile.  However, by the time we are ready to submit, he will be settled and domiciled here in the states with me and that is the part I wasnt really sure about, if it was domicle when filing the I130 or the affidavit of support.   But combined with my mum, we will be good for 5 or 6 in the household.

I admit, I could have easily misunderstood about counting the household members but will make sure that I do it properly as they need it.   Thank you so much for your help.

Edited to add:  So if we combine, I would count myself, my immigrant husband, my mum, and 3 children?  So sorry if that is a stupid question.

Yes, household of six.  You are right about the exception, and that it will not apply when the the time comes.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

Yes, household of six.  You are right about the exception, and that it will not apply when the the time comes.

Thank you.   I thought that might be the case and I hadn't really dug into that part until now.  So it's good to have that sorted and know what to do now. 

US citizen moved back to the states with our children to file, husband remained in England

I-130 application

Service Centre: Texas

Consulate: London, UK

Visa Journey timeline estimate for I-130 March 9-28, 2025

I-130 March 18, 2024 Application submitted online

I-130 March 18, 2024 NOA1, PD 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.